The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Yankee Style 1A1 Anthracite

safcdixon

The summer was last week John so ive already missed it lol but I heard a rumour from a good source that supras don't melt in the rain so my lucks in :D

It doesn't mate I couldn't believe it. I've drive it in the rain like 3 times now and it's all still in 1 piece. Unbelievable lol.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good fella, oh and my iPhone wont let me add photos on here for some reason.

Ah man get some up next time your on a desktop mate, how long before it on the road Joe?

It doesn't mate I couldn't believe it. I've drive it in the rain like 3 times now and it's all still in 1 piece. Unbelievable lol.

Lol I wasn't keen on driving mine in the wet, but I think it will be running all autumn and winter this year try and make the most of it

Yeah but is that not just because you've got Titan windscreen wipers or something Hodge lol :D

Keep the good work coming Marc - proper light at the end of the tunnel now!

There certainly is mate, well light at the end of the garage anyway :)

:cool:

The bumper Don't look half bad eh?, just hope it lasts a decent while lol can see me catching it on the first speed bump I come across and wrecking it :(

Excited to see how the lacquer comes out tomorrow, I finished late from work so missed the paint shop for some finer grade Wet n Dry paper, so didn't bother lacquering tonight

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

Looks great, someone was obviously inspired on Sunday night.... Must have been the monster trucks!

Aye I was gutted not having mine at the show (albeit a show full of arsewipes with no respect for other poeples property) so when i went home i corrected as many of the defects as i could find redone the masking etc and got it done, laqcuer should be on tonight so some shiney sun pics should appear on wednesday :D

Well tbh guys im not overly happy with the finish ive achieved with the lacquer thus far ive a lot more cutting to do theres a few rough patches in the lacquer mostly on the bonnet and roof which need sorting to a decent standard before il be happy, ive still the whole car to cut but those to areas are the biggest gripe

Its looking like im going to have to re-lacquer the bonnet this has put a dampner on the progress BUT a few more days and it will be sorted I think, its absolutely hammering down with rain now so ive come in out the garage for some dinner, il up date this again in the coming days ive reassembled most of the interior now just waiting on my seat bases to turn up, im also waiting on some rear quarter windows before I can finish the interior off

some pics to show the lacquer disapointment

attachment.php?attachmentid=171486&stc=1&d=1371988416

attachment.php?attachmentid=171487&stc=1&d=1371988416

attachment.php?attachmentid=171488&stc=1&d=1371988416

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG