The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Yankee Style 1A1 Anthracite

safcdixon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming along nicely, let me know if you want to borrow my compressor.

:thumbs: will do Ross :)

Looks awesome dude, I'm loving the idea of this, it will be bloody lovely once complete

Cheers Gaz i hope so, the idea is good but the yanks seem to pull this look off everytime

Finally got the wings and front bumper mounted after a lot of little jobs needed doing first, also got the dash back in after sorting the wiring loom out and feeding my cable through for the battery and washer relocation, heres some piccies of the supra with the bumper and wings mounted, I absolutely love the look of this now :)

I did say that the bumper would be primered unfortunately I had an accident (Doh) and dropped the last of my primer after mixing it and pouring it into the gun :(

Ive still loads of finishing on the bodywork to do on the front wings and where I filled the exhaust exit. I wish it was done :taped:

attachment.php?attachmentid=167279&stc=1&d=1365700093

attachment.php?attachmentid=167280&stc=1&d=1365700093

attachment.php?attachmentid=167281&stc=1&d=1365700093

attachment.php?attachmentid=167282&stc=1&d=1365700093

attachment.php?attachmentid=167283&stc=1&d=1365700093

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Black IMO....Liam did a very OEM loooking finish on Sunnys MVP lip which looked great. May be worth asking him about that also.;)

Yeah id like it to look Oem (not a fan of the over shiney polished ones) its like a matte/flat black/grey colour which is a pain to match

First time ive seen this thread dude, im really liking the look your going for I cant wait to see this with some colour on :thumbs:

Cheers Kaan, its hopefully coming together now, Im a bit aggravated to not be driving it now though :(

Yeah id like it to look Oem (not a fan of the over shiney polished ones) its like a matte/flat black/grey colour which is a pain to match

Cheers Kaan, its hopefully coming together now, Im a bit aggravated to not be driving it now though :(

Its definately in the final stages just keep at it bud!

• 3 weeks later...

So last weekend I Fitted my Aerocatches to my new/old stock bonnet, what a total pain these are to fit I wish I had just fitted the stock ones back on now, had problems lining them up with the bolts, which ended up being because the bonnet wasn't fitted straight, Doh!!

Anyway they are done now pics

attachment.php?attachmentid=168428&stc=1&d=1367145940

attachment.php?attachmentid=168427&stc=1&d=1367145940

attachment.php?attachmentid=168429&stc=1&d=1367145940

Im really struggling to find any push to get this finished, im getting really aggravated/bored easily, so im only doing a little bit at a time, I simply wish I hadn't started, having not driven it since September im becoming very frustrated :(

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

Chin up mate, you have come along way and the car is really starting to take shape! Once you lay down some paint the enthusiasm will rush back!:)

Im sure it will but getting forward too that moment is proving to be difficult

I know the feeling fella, mine should be finished within the month, just niggly bits to sort.

I don't know how you've stayed sane with it Joe yours has been a long long time now, you decided on a colour yet?

I was hoping to have mine painted by the end of april but that doesn't look like it gonna happen now :(

• 1 month later...

Well it been a long time! Things didnt go to plan at all over the last two month but things are getting back on track now,

I primered the supra last night so today after work it guide coat and the last of the filling and sanding, i could already see a few imperfections once the shine of the primer went on, its so hard to see them when the paint is flat

So hopefully thursday/friday night will be basecoat and laquer which will give me saturday to wet finish and rebuild the car (this requires all going well which isnt likely :D)

Only one pic as the rest are on my digi camera but heres a pic of the front in primer,

attachment.php?attachmentid=171098&stc=1&d=1371148351

ive one days worth of work to do before the basecoat goes on theres a lot of little pin holes and scabby bits of filler need sorting first but seeing as my progress has been abit cack lately its better than nowt :D

IMG_1046.jpg

Im sure it will but getting forward too that moment is proving to be difficult

I don't know how you've stayed sane with it Joe yours has been a long long time now, you decided on a colour yet?

I was hoping to have mine painted by the end of april but that doesn't look like it gonna happen now :(

Yes bud it's been sprayed in QUAB (370z white pearl) just need to get it back together now lol.

Nice, good to see its on the way!

Its getting there Ross :) big thanks for borrowing me your compressor :thumbs: its a different world from my little thing , future investment I think

Yes bud it's been sprayed in QUAB (370z white pearl) just need to get it back together now lol.

Good stuff Joe, BUT wheres the pics man :search:

Oh yeah and ive gone back to the trd spoiler for now, Im gonna paint up the stock one too so I can alternate them :)

Great build thread, have read it from start to finish.

looking forward to seeing the finished project.. keep it up

Cheers Dude :) I'm excited too see how it looks when the colour goes on aswell, also got a few other bits to update once I've got the painting outa the way