Project Yankee Style 1A1 Anthracite

safcdixon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates on this?

Was just going though my old suprapod pics and stumbled upon this pic...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=122092&d=1282062683

Would it be yours by any chance back when she was green?

Na not mine jake, going off the number plate anyway? Also the spoiler was green when i bought the car from my dad i changed it to black in 2010 either way both cars were hideous in that colour lol how can two different poeple have such bad taste :D

Il be doing an update at weekend ;)

Na not mine jake, going off the number plate anyway? Also the spoiler was green when i bought the car from my dad i changed it to black in 2010 either way both cars were hideous in that colour lol how can two different poeple have such bad taste :D

Il be doing an update at weekend ;)

lol fair enough, as soon as I saw it I thought it must be yours lol.

Fail :p

Look forward to the update your making good progress.

• 1 month later...

Well i think its about time i update this ive not done anything on the car since the week before christmas been really busy with work (not really just seems like a valid excuse :sly:)

But since ive signed up for Scottish modified i had better get a crack on heres what ive been up to since the last update, not alot unfortunatly but it will give you guys an idea on the look im going for

Firstly i keyed the suface ready for the fibreglass to go on, i then used some plastic mesh to cover the hole and bond the fibreglass too, this worked better then expected tbh i then layed 5 layers of fibre glass in a cris/cross effect, until i had it ready for a few layers of filler,

The bumper still needs more work doing on this side nad the other side starting but gives an insight to what im currently on with, once ive finshed the bumper i have a few other little car park dints too sort and the exhaust hole on the rear bumper too flush, then it should be ready for the primer coat when it warms up a little

attachment.php?attachmentid=163529&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163530&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163531&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163532&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163533&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163534&stc=1&d=1364416379

Ive also put the trd back on as i bought a carbon blade so for now the trd is on (yes im massively indecisive)

attachment.php?attachmentid=163535&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163536&stc=1&d=1364416379

This is the colour and look im going to try and achieve :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=163537&stc=1&d=1364416379

And the inspiration for the front

attachment.php?attachmentid=163538&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=163539&stc=1&d=1364416379

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0984.JPG

5127262084_44858503a1_b.jpg

darret.jpg

Edited by Littler
Embedded pics (see edit history)

Quick progress mate, them front bumper pods are asking for trouble, they will crack.

Love that colour though

Cheers Rob :thumbs:

I figured they might but im hoping they might last a little while til i can get a pro too do it properly

Yeah the colour is amazing i LOVE IT! :D , i made the mistake of finding the anthracite thread on supraforums and basically decided it had to be done :)

I seriously hope it does not crack though mate, the front bumpers are very flexy and will always flex, this is your problem.... A proper insert pod is what you need as that mesh will flex with the polyurethane bumper

So would i be better getting inserts of some type Rob and bonding them on? im sure Westy mentioned the inserts the other day when i mentioned what i was doing, does anyone know where i can get these? if not il try the bumper in primer and drive it for a week or two and see if its are ok hopefully it will be fine

I like the idea your doing but yeah best buy the proper pods, the grey supra has not even flushed them in and I think that look is ace.. His are prob removable and fitted for racing. Westy is the loser you want to find stuff! He knows all links ect ect, don't know how he does it lmao

yeah i think they are for drag racing etc probobly an engine temp thing, but i really like the look its a very aggresive style, im sure darrets were the same tbh, il see if westy chimes in if not il drop him a pm :) hes got a mod mind thats how :mods:

Hopefully on the test drive week theyll be fine, and for the whole time before the show and then crack on the way to edinburgh :(

Might not even crack mate but I'll be surprised if they hold up as its such a big area to fill

Il give it a shot, what the worst that can happen (they fly out at 170mph taking someones head off in a car behind, shhhhhhhh)

Just a thought ive now got no front indicators? where the hell am i gonna mount those now? :D any ideas?

Il give it a shot, what the worst that can happen (they fly out at 170mph taking someones head off in a car behind, shhhhhhhh)

Just a thought ive now got no front indicators? where the hell am i gonna mount those now? :D any ideas?

Headlights, seen some indicator bulbs put in where the sidelight bulbs go.

Getting there fella! Will look fantastic once its done. Love that Color too! ;)

Cheers Jamie im gonna do a full length day at the bodywork tommorow hopefully get caught up a little, I love the colour hopefully it will make the car a whole lot better than if it had stayed white

• 2 months later...

Well I finally some half decent weather so finally got some paint layed down today, engine bay,interior side of the doors, door shuts, boot, and insde the boot lid all done with three coats of base coat and 3 coats of lacquer, im already loving this colour even before the body is painted :cool:

I got myself a stock bonnet too to go with the whole stock body look it was only £45 and at the most 3mile away bonus :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=166527&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166526&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166528&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166534&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166533&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166536&d=1364413700

attachment.php?attachmentid=166535&d=1364413700

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg