The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Yankee Style 1A1 Anthracite

safcdixon

Hang in there bud, much more rewarding when you do it yourself.

Yeah Im at the stage where Im gonna have to persist with it Joe, the results will come im sure, the problem is when you do something yourself and it don't turn out the way you want its really frustrating to say the least,

Any updates on yours Mate?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Im at the stage where Im gonna have to persist with it Joe, the results will come im sure, the problem is when you do something yourself and it don't turn out the way you want its really frustrating to say the least,

Any updates on yours Mate?

Wellll... Just realised when trying to fit the front bumper that, I have about a half inch gap between the bumper and wheel, so I must have a bent wishbone. Tracking needs done too. You on fb bud ? I got some pics on there.

Those pictures alone show it has some awesome potential once it's finished. Will look awesome :)

Cheers Rich, Unfortunatly its testing patience i just dont have lol

Wellll... Just realised when trying to fit the front bumper that, I have about a half inch gap between the bumper and wheel, so I must have a bent wishbone. Tracking needs done too. You on fb bud ? I got some pics on there.

Oh no way! Hope its an easy fix dude, Yeah im on facebook mate, Marc Dixon im on hodges friends list,

Anymore updates Marc?

Ive been busy wet sanding the lacquer Stevo still the front wings and bonnet to do, I really cocked the lacquer up it wasn't levely spread over the panels in places so ive had to "try" and smooth it out, im finally getting there now although imo doesn't look what I had hoped for,

I have got my seat frames for the recaros sorted now from "Nafy D" on here :)

I had bought some on ebay for a bargain price but the guy decided to be a Grade A prat and basically pretend they had been broken in the post :/

MattP has removed the rear Qtrs on his supra he's breaking so ive got those to collect (plus a few other parts), then fit then I can get it Taxed and enjoy it again

Ive loads to do before Scottish modified though only 3 weeks left :whip:, Theres loads to update il try and sort the pics and others bits to update later tonight

Na I bought from a member on here, they have been bespoke made though Joe, are you after some like? if you are you could copy mine if you like they would be a doddle to make

That would be ace fella, not sure about local fabricators though... Any ideas ?

Ive been busy wet sanding the lacquer Stevo still the front wings and bonnet to do, I really cocked the lacquer up it wasn't levely spread over the panels in places so ive had to "try" and smooth it out, im finally getting there now although imo doesn't look what I had hoped for,

I have got my seat frames for the recaros sorted now from "Nafy D" on here :)

I had bought some on ebay for a bargain price but the guy decided to be a Grade A prat and basically pretend they had been broken in the post :/

MattP has removed the rear Qtrs on his supra he's breaking so ive got those to collect (plus a few other parts), then fit then I can get it Taxed and enjoy it again

Ive loads to do before Scottish modified though only 3 weeks left :whip:, Theres loads to update il try and sort the pics and others bits to update later tonight

Ah gutted mate, the prick pulled out on the seat frames! I hope you left a really bad review for him on eBay!

Ah gutted mate, the prick pulled out on the seat frames! I hope you left a really bad review for him on eBay!

I didnt mate as he was being a total tit, i reckon he would leave me bad feedback just for the sake of it, so ive just took the refund and left it, he said he reported me to ebay? Because i asked him in what way they were damaged, i cant see how two steel frames could be damaged in the post.

I will have your compressor back to you this coming week Ross, i thought i was gonna have re-lacquer the bonnet but its came up ok :)

Shame about the lacquer mate .... Must be hard to get a good finish in the environment your in ... Still love the front bumper and the colour

I have to use Non ISO lacquer at work which is a pain in the ass but have no choice until they put a proper paint booth in

Cheers Guys the colour is different class too the sprinter white it was :thumbs:

Yeah painting in a garage that's too small, dusty and has no heater or extraction is defintley not ideal, the lacquer isn't looking so bad after a long day today, the whole lot just needs a big old polish buff and wax then hopefully the bodywork is done (for now)

Il update this in the morning now as I forgot to take pics and cant be bothered now :D

Update time, not great pics because I cant move the car as I have no front wheels so its stuck in the garage, but in effort to show some progress here goes

As you guys that's a friends on facebook will know I have been wet sanding and buffing the lacquer after my cock up with the lacquer but its stating to come up "decent" im not totally happy with it BUT its better than it was, I was ready to destroy the thing on Wednesday afternoon so its not all bad :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=171905&stc=1&d=1372616111

attachment.php?attachmentid=171904&stc=1&d=1372616111

attachment.php?attachmentid=171903&stc=1&d=1372616111

As you can see its starting to get some decent shine, but without moving it out into the sun or even good light its a hard process to do, atleast I wont rip my trousers open if I brush past it now though :D

Anyway once I get my front rims back I can get some better pics providing It doesn't look cack in the sunlight :)

whilst refraining from smashing the car to pieces whilst in a stress I decided to strip the dash inserts of the rubber coating ready for paint, hydrodip or plasticoat undecided which yet, looks terrible at the min but I refitted it whilst I make up my mind

I also fitted my new 2nd hand celica Steering wheel and got shot of my smaller stainless/leather wheel, think it returns a more stock look to the interior, I temp fitted my oem recaros on the frames whilst I wait for my new sliders to arrive, must admit the are a lot more comfortable than I thought they were gonna be.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171909&stc=1&d=1372616541

attachment.php?attachmentid=171910&stc=1&d=1372616541

I also have my Abflug headlight inserts to start this week aswell as giving the supra a good old clean as you can imagine it covered in dust, g3 compound and polish within every crack accessible :(

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

Well those pesky Recaros are finally in, the most hideous job Ive ever done on this car, drilling and lining up the rails Im a total nightmare with this type of stuff Tbh, measuring isn't my forte lol, Anyway so the drivers side went in perfect, sliding perfect job jobbed feeling happy :)

Then the passenger side is a whole other story it took me a full day messing around trying to make it slide smoothly but after mounting it for the third time it still wont slide with the handle? I cant work out why!!!! So instead Ive manually slid in forward so I can just fit the liitle'un in the back and there's still loads of room in the front, really baffling Tbh

as in th above post, Il add some pics once I can get the car out the garage, still waiting on my front wheels coming back.

looking awesome! when the expected finish time? cant be long now can it?

It wont be finished as such but it should be getting taxed on friday :) i cant drive it til i sort the front indicator problem though

Ive still the Ab flug lights to do, interior panels too paint and wheels to paint before the scottish modified show, then a huge list of things that i want doing before Jae, as you know Jake its a never ending circle :D

Looking good fella, I was checking out a company on FB for seats and seen your name in the feedback for the sliders lol. How did they go ? Did you weld on the stock flanges from the stock seat runners to the aftermarket runners ??

Na i bought some frames off here and the runners off ebay, the runners are sound for what they are cheap too,

i needed to drill an extra hole on each runner, but bar that they were fine, the quality is spot on too, i think my alinement is off slightly on the passenger seat causing it to bind on one side so it wont slide, im gonna have another go at sorting it once the cars off the road in the winter time, typical one seat went perfect the 2nd seat was a nightmare

The frames and rails came in at £190 delivered so compared with the genuine ones its probobly worth the effort

It wont be finished as such but it should be getting taxed on friday :) i cant drive it til i sort the front indicator problem though

Ive still the Ab flug lights to do, interior panels too paint and wheels to paint before the scottish modified show, then a huge list of things that i want doing before Jae, as you know Jake its a never ending circle :D

Cool, how you over coming the indicator issue? the simplest would have been prefeclift side light becoming the indicator but with the abflug lensce that wont work. interested to knwo what your thinking?

Cool, how you over coming the indicator issue? the simplest would have been prefeclift side light becoming the indicator but with the abflug lensce that wont work. interested to knwo what your thinking?

Im thinking of using some facelift bumper markers as indicators this way i get the indicator with the flug inserts :) hopefully thats good enough for Mr Mot man

Finally some pictures of the nearlt finished paint job which Im not happy with but it will do for now I suppose :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=172198&stc=1&d=1373382146

attachment.php?attachmentid=172199&stc=1&d=1373382146

attachment.php?attachmentid=172200&stc=1&d=1373382146

attachment.php?attachmentid=172204&stc=1&d=1373382169

attachment.php?attachmentid=172203&stc=1&d=1373382169

attachment.php?attachmentid=172201&stc=1&d=1373382146

attachment.php?attachmentid=172202&stc=1&d=1373382146

Still Lots to do!!! Lowering the suspension is first on the list ;) Oh And a Proper good Polish

EDIT does anyone else think the colour looks abit light? After looking at other pics of the colour it seems light in these pics

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)