safcdixon

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time I updated this with some progress and future plans,

Since I last updated this the supra has changed quite abit,

First on was the Chrome turboside pipes I bought from Bossco And a chrome heat shield Ross threw in with them :thumbs:, bit of a pain too fit the rear turbo pipes but not too bad, I also relaced all the silicone vac pipes whilst I had it stripped down, which is defintley recommended, I found a few crusty pipes and one melted one that was on the bottom of the dump valve. also fityted the brake fluid res cover at the same time but tbh that's not really a had thing to do :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=188245&stc=1&d=1405245344

attachment.php?attachmentid=188247&stc=1&d=1405245344

attachment.php?attachmentid=188246&stc=1&d=1405245344

Then with the battery relocation, Hodge recommended this autoleads kit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331134519402 so with that and another battery clamp the car was brought to Hodge to get it relocated to the boot, I was gonna attempt it myself and thought better of it as a harness fire is something I don't need,

Engine bay pic, (Il add some boot ones later once its stopped raining)

attachment.php?attachmentid=188248&stc=1&d=1405245739

Next up was the dash replacement as mine was horrible it had been painted and had holes drilled in it, I purchased one from Mattp that was in very good nick and got it fitted, there was a few bits of dodgy wiring that I sorted at the same time, I also re attached the loom to the rear of the dash as it was just pushed in behind there from last time it was apart, the inserts still need painting, but that's a job Il be doing this week before the trip to Scotland for the Scottish modified show,

attachment.php?attachmentid=188249&stc=1&d=1405245985

attachment.php?attachmentid=188250&stc=1&d=1405246548

Next, was the big job which was the bodywork before it went in for the wrap and the swapping out of body panels, which included, doors, front wings, front bumper, rear bumper, better condition Trd spoiler, The rear bumper being the most work as my old one had been smoothed into the rear quarters, so after removing that the sanding began :( I hate sanding!!!!!!! The doors were also more work than expected the door locks and window regulators had to be swapped as did the loom, for some reason they were different plugs? My trd spoiler also needed work so I bought a newer one with carbon blade From RobbyA :thumbs:,

I replaced the front wings too, when I had my arches rolled a few years back they were twisted and bent a little, I had replacements from my silver shell I had so be daft not too,

I finally killed my smoothed front bumper too :( so replaced that with another stock one

attachment.php?attachmentid=188251&stc=1&d=1405247373

Pics of the car looking like a crap rainbow :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=188252&stc=1&d=1405247778

attachment.php?attachmentid=188253&stc=1&d=1405247778

attachment.php?attachmentid=188254&stc=1&d=1405247778

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1495.jpg

So the car went over to Wrapmonkey in Sunderland to wrapped in anthracite Moon Quartz which I had seen on a car in person, I had originally been going for Matte Yellow, but after a chat with the owner over there he suggested This colour which had been recently used on a new Mercedes they had done, and in the pics looked awesome, so I went with that,

Pic of the Mercedes

attachment.php?attachmentid=188255&stc=1&d=1405248210

I did lower the car by an extra 35mm on Friday night too :D

So I dropped in the car on Saturday and got it back on Monday evening, Quicker than a paint job that's for sure!

attachment.php?attachmentid=188259&stc=1&d=1405248842

attachment.php?attachmentid=188258&stc=1&d=1405248842

attachment.php?attachmentid=188256&stc=1&d=1405248810

attachment.php?attachmentid=188257&stc=1&d=1405248822

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1551.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

Looks great, you need some plastic bumper shine on the front lip ;).

Cheers Jazz, Aye sanding the black paint off has left it dull Im told the meguires stuff is good :)

Looking good buddy, I reckon a set of facelifts would work really well against that finish and break it up a little. P.s. when is the clear coat going on :D

Cheers Sunny, yeah that's the plan for some facelifts, Im going too refurb the pre's first in black and see how they look :thumbs: Clearcoat = :limp:

Lots better. If it were mine I'd have facelift front lights, remove the indicators and put them in the fogs, I'd also remove the Bonet catches and that's the front end sorted

:thumbs: skippy, I could go ahead and put the indicators back into the fog position but they were kinda dull in there before Il see if the orange blobs grow on me (im not a fan of facelift indicators either) The bonnet catches I would rather keep tbh, they are a safety part more than a looks part

Looks great. How much did you pay for the wrap if you dont mind me asking? Pm if you prefer.

Cheers Logie, It was £1300 all in, but only because the vinyl was on a introductory price (new colour/product, its a metallic matte btw) the normal price of the vinyl was £1150 alone on full price :blink: I got it at half cost :) so at full cost would have been closer too £1900

Still to do list

Parts got

Ab Flug Headlight inserts (apparent nightmare)

oil filter, fuel filter, sump plug and oil

Brake caliper oem supra stickers

Walbro

s/s Autosurround

Noz's Stainless heather knob surrounds

Parts needed/jobs to do

gearbox oil and filter (never been done in 6years atleast)

Headlight refurb (this week)

Wheels refurb (this week)

Dash inserts repaint (this week)

More Chrome engine bay parts

Windscreen washer relocation

Brake caliper repaint and decals (this week)

Possible mvp style lip (unsure il actually get in my garage with it)

Jobs done

Gas bonnet lifters

Better high beam bulbs

chrome turbo pipes fitted

Silcone vac pipes replaced

Newer dash

15mm hubscentric spacers

wrap done

Lowered more

Rear exit exhaust :)

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

This supra is now dead Unfortunatly :(, someone is interested in rebuilding it but no gaurentee just yet, lots of the parts now live on in another supra, I will start a new project thread for the new supra in the coming days, ive lots of pics of the current progress on the new one :)

What happened?!

After the missus crashed it last year it just didnt seem the sensible option to repair it (damage wasnt too bad) the floors/sills were flat from previous owners jacking it up with no care, it was rough in terms of corrosion not rotted through anything just looking its age, the suspension needed replacing/overhaul, the front crossmember thats holds the rad is like a boomerang and it had been painted maybe 6/7 times lol

It just seemed like throwing money at it was a stupid thing to do as it would never be anywhere perfect, I bought an insanely clean shell to replace it, which in comparison is like brand new.

Its a shame as it was my dads before me so there is some sentimentle value there, but it needed to be done :(

• 5 years later...

Hey guys, thread revival!!!!

Started getting ready to start refurbing this old turd a few weeks back, its sat in my spare garage for over 5years now after the reshell into my black tt6, but the the time has come, car will be stripped back and built from the base upwards, back to its oem 040 white, stock body it will be converted to manual during this build though, I’ve been stockpiling good used oem parts over the last couple years to do this, ive some pics to upload but tapatalk is broken for me at the min, so il upload them later once the issue is sorted or if i get a chance to get the desktop fired up