The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Yankee Style 1A1 Anthracite

safcdixon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) i was actually gonna ask that, nice one John, do i just join the rubber pipes up? and do away with the steel bit?

The small pipe from the resevior, run that direct to the rack. Trace all the pipework from the cooler. 1 side will go to the res and the other goes to a push on fitting under the engine. Just run a pipe from the res to the metal pipe under the engine. This goes direct to the rack. If you get stuck, giz a ring and ill talk you through it.

• 3 weeks later...

Right Update time (sort of)

Ive been toying with ideas the 1st is easier to explain with a few pics, the idea was to fill the side holes and create a bigger mouth in the middle hole, i will be going with a lower lip too but im still undecided

attachment.php?attachmentid=160394&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=160395&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=160396&stc=1&d=1364416379

Ive started the sanding down process, i honestly forgot how time consuming this is, ive got the roof, bonnet and doors done but its getting there

attachment.php?attachmentid=160397&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=160398&stc=1&d=1364416379

Im also going to get the main dash retrimmed/flocked/painted not sure what to go with, ive heard flocking isnt a great finish or as long lasting as the others, but would like poeples opinions and experience, and of cost.

The small pipe from the resevior, run that direct to the rack. Trace all the pipework from the cooler. 1 side will go to the res and the other goes to a push on fitting under the engine. Just run a pipe from the res to the metal pipe under the engine. This goes direct to the rack. If you get stuck, giz a ring and ill talk you through it.

Thats great John i should be able to sort that, is it ok to drop you a pm in regards to a few engine bay tidys?

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

Edited by Littler
Embedded pics (see edit history)

I don't think you should go with that lip and Rota GTRs. It has been done...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555585_10151023085078021_872425731_n.jpg

;)

Looking forward to0 the end resulty of this matey.

I agree you shouldn't put the front lip on like this pic. It looks naff with no skirts to make it level.

Peter

Looking forward to0 the end resulty of this matey.

I agree you shouldn't put the front lip on like this pic. It looks naff with no skirts to make it level.

Peter

Yeah i cant wait for it to be done now mate, im missing driving the car big style

I like the no skirt front lip (still undecided on which one) look, but for my look it will be very low at the front, drag style :)

Aye no sweat bud. Feel free to call over if you want.

:thumbs: nice one john il drop you a message over the weekend

Yeah thats it mate like darrets old motor looks mean as id like the side holes completly gone though, on darrets theres still an outline there.

Nice project you got going on there Marc.

Are you changing the veilside skirts ? If so drop me a pm as I might take them off you.

I need a winter project...

Cheers Ross, the skirts are here if you want em ;) they have the cutouts for the sideexit in them btw

Ah, forgot about your side exits.... I should be able to fibreglass over them if this hole isn't too big...?

Can you send me a picture of them and what you want for them... I feel like I'm taking all your hand-me-downs! :)

Lol i had them on for free a few weeks back but poeple wanted them posting, il have a search for the sale thread

Some pics in this thread ross http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?275403-Fitted-some-facelift-rears-and-sideexit-exhaust/page5&highlight=Sideexit

• 2 weeks later...

I havent had alot of time to get too work on the car but got stuck in yesterday, i started stripping a few little thing out of the engine bay, the relay box on the the turbo side and the cables for the alternator (have the cables to shorten up still) have been moved out of sight, the cruise control will be staying though but its defintley an improvement imo

attachment.php?attachmentid=160948&stc=1&d=1364416379

I then started the inlet side which was abit trickier as i didnt want too extend any wiring if possible so i ended up just removing the charcoal canister and moving my alarm siren, the alarm siren took ages as the thing was hard wired into the alarm so i ended up taking the siren to bits, rethreaded the cable up through the front wiper mech and it now lives just infront of the windscreen on the pasenger side,

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=160949&stc=1&d=1364416379

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=160950&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=160951&stc=1&d=1364416379

I still have the ignitor and battary to move yet, but had no cable etc to do this and became abit bored at this point, so i started sanding again the idiot who installed the bodykit on this car must have used a years supply of filler on it, it took me over an hour just to sand through the filler on the passenger-side wing, im not kidding this stuff was like sanding steel anyway just need a finer sand then guide coating etc still loads of other places like the door shuts where they blended the kit in need sanding, in places it nearly a centimetre thick it takes ages to get through

attachment.php?attachmentid=160952&stc=1&d=1364416379

Ive sanded most of the "shine" off now just the spoilers to do and ive got my front bumper to modify which il probobly do this week sometime

attachment.php?attachmentid=160953&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=160954&stc=1&d=1364416379

STILL LOTS TO DO :(

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

Edited by Littler

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Cheers Jamie, I honestly dont know how you guys who have done full wire tucks have the patience, i was aggrevated just moving the alarm siren and the relay box lol, The ignitor looks like a tricky one as it goes into the loom fairley quickly so here not alot of play in it but it needs moving as it looks gash where it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: engine tidy and arch rolling

Well i started moving most of the easy movable parts from the engine bay inlet side this time, the ignitor has been moved down onto the chassis leg down near the oil filter etc

attachment.php?attachmentid=161364&stc=1&d=1364416379

i also reouted the wiring for the abs from the inner wing too the chassis leg under the power steering fluid res, and simply rotated the connecters that are connected to the bs unit which cleans that side up quite a bit, (see pic above) the main fuse box and abs will be staying though as im not too confidnt of rewiring the fuse box and extending the wires.

The power steering cooler was also removed and the pipe rejoined too the reservoir using some new pipe.

ive still the battery to move into the boot along with the screen wash bottle, too move the battery i've bought an e30 bmw battery too boot cable as this is already insulted and has the connecters ready crimped and is also cheaper than buying new cable etc

attachment.php?attachmentid=161365&stc=1&d=1364416379

I also bought a lower ridox boot spoiler which im gonna fit aswell as the stock or trd (also bought a carbon blade for this too) as still undecided as too which too run im liking the stock on atm,

Anyone that has fitted the ridox one, what is the best way too attach these?

attachment.php?attachmentid=161366&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161367&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161368&stc=1&d=1364416379

Well had my arches rolled this morning by a member from Japnortheast, clearance shouldnt be any problem now the lips on all four arches are now flat the arches have abit more curve too them too, some paint chipped of the underside but this was down too my crappy paintjob last time around, very happy with them and at a very good price too, i have the guys number if any of you local guys in the northeast need arch rolling doing give me a shout and il pass it on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=161369&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161370&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161371&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161372&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161373&stc=1&d=1364416379

some other random pics,

attachment.php?attachmentid=161374&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161375&stc=1&d=1364416379

attachment.php?attachmentid=161376&stc=1&d=1364416379

IMG_0942.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9fjOBQskESLc5g~~60_12.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

Edited by Littler

Good work dude, this is a cool project and promises to look rather awesome. Keep it up!

Cheers Gaz yeah hopefully it will look like my vision of what i want, check out the anthracite colour thread on supraforums if anyone doesnt know the look or colour im heading for. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?614419-Anthracite-Supras-owned-by-members

ive got a quite bit more prep work, few holes to weld up and bolts to drill out in the engine bay to do then i can get the bay painted, that will be a big step towards getting the engine bay sorted

Im after some help guys, ive attached the images to the forum, but they show kinda small until clicked on, how do i make them full sized?

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)