The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

Have it chromed to match the shiney bay. It'll really stand out at shows etc when the bonnet is open.

It's not really an option if I want the car done before summer,it would mean stripping the paint off polishing each part etc etc then chrome. Would probably cost more then the cage itself too. I'll leave it black more than likely.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't stand colour coded interiors, although I'm partial to the seats (only) being different to the norm. If it was my car, and I felt the need for some lairy colour, I'd go for bright yellow or orange stitching and some foot well mats to match....

... but, it isn't my car and I'm not the one who has invested so much into it.

For me theres nothing subtle about this car, the exterior looks mad, the engine bay looks mad, definately make the interior equally mad :)

A black cage would almost go un noticed on a car like this, yellow could work well, but same colour as the car would look good in my opinion

I was planning to do a lairy colour for the interior something like bright yellow or orange all over, door cards, seats, interior trim, dash etc. So maybe black for the cage will break it up a bit?

I think a lairy cage will be better then the interior .. like a strong green or something

Thanks for your input guys, I'm going to wait until after summer to put the cage in and get it done along with the interior otherwise it's just creating more work. This gives me plenty of time to properly plan the colours of each individual part of the interior.

Would you not won't this fitted before you get the car back as your running so much power I would emagine the chassis will need all the strengthing it can get, how long till she runs mate

It should be ok for a short while mate, I'm not gunno be giving it the beans until the cage is fitted it's too risky but I just want it done for summer to be honest. Won't be much longer until it's running!

Are that's sensible look forward to the thoughts on the stroker after the drive home, have you got to run it in for any amount of time mate

I guess it will be run in on the dyno I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I'll let Lee sort all that out.

Guest Nicholas

You must be getting excited Kaan, I'd be interested to hear your feedback on the auto setup, I've had so much trouble with Tilton clutches holding 1500hp+ even Tilton recommend I just manually pull my car out of the garage, onto the road and never drive the car in stop start traffic :taped:

• 3 weeks later...
awesome thread! its taken me ages to go through!

Is it an SRD built box your using Kaan?

It's not but I'm going to have one built once I'm all up and running, the box at the moment is a stage 2 Titan transmission.

Membership expired, shock&horror

Nice updates, though :D

I know I didn't realise it was expired until the other day as I've not been on due to no updates yet :)

Its been expired a while now? His on holiday right or have I missed something on faceache

Nothing missed, as said just been away from the forum as their is no updates for now but as Lee is back tomorrow I think next week will be back to normal with the rest of the build.