The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That darker grey is really nice, that's the one I'd personally go for.

Nice choice of colours. Dark grey is my favorite.

That dark grey :drool: can't wait to see it finished mate

Alot more depth to the darker paint, very nice choice Kaan :thumbs:

The dark grey looks awesome mate :thumbs:

Dark grey. Look's awesome. Will make the car look very evil.

Looks awesome. Has that sparkle that the last colour didn't. Brings something special to it :thumbs:

Wow that's much more like it! Beautiful

Thanks everyone :) It really does look awesome in the sunlight with a different shade at each angle. I cant wait to see it done :ecstatic:

The dark grey looks awesome! I never understand why people put things straight on the ground. Even though they aren't the final products, I'd never put painted items like that straight onto a hard floor. How hard is it to chuck a piece of cardboard down first?!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product! :)

That was my fault :D We had about 5 minutes of sunlight so I was rushing them to compare the 2 colours but both panels need flatting back and primering anyway as it was just a tester. Thanks mate :thumbs:

Thanks guys :thumbs:

the dark grey looks awesome mate. I'm expecting a ride in this when its done :D

Of course bud :)

Need a little help deciding on the colour for the bottom of the trial bumper, I think gloss black might not notice as the body is quite dark. Either satin black or maybe satin silver??

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Of course bud :)

Need a little help deciding on the colour for the bottom of the trial bumper, I think gloss black might not notice as the body is quite dark. Either satin black or maybe satin silver??

Cheers buddy :D satin or Matt black sounds good to me mate :) I don't think the silver would work very well

Well... I have just had some pictures sent to me from Lee @ SRD of the engine progress, all I can say at the moment is WOW what an amazing job he is doing! I cant thank SRD enough for the care and attention they are putting into this engine it almost looks to good to use.

The block has had all the machine work carried out in order to take the stroker kit, it has then been flushed cleaned then painted with new freeze plugs fitted. Heres how its looking -

attachment.php?attachmentid=179256&stc=1&d=1389470619

attachment.php?attachmentid=179257&stc=1&d=1389470619

attachment.php?attachmentid=179258&stc=1&d=1389470619

IMG-20140109-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20140109-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20140109-WA0005.jpg

Well... I have just had some pictures sent to me from Lee @ SRD of the engine progress, all I can say at the moment is WOW what an amazing job he is doing! I cant thank SRD enough for the care and attention they are putting into this engine it almost looks to good to use.

The block has had all the machine work carried out in order to take the stroker kit, it has then been flushed cleaned then painted with new freeze plugs fitted. Heres how its looking -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179256&stc=1&d=1389470619

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179257&stc=1&d=1389470619

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179258&stc=1&d=1389470619

That looks awesome mate :D wish I'd had enough money to buy the last 3.4 HKS from Lee :(

The eagle eye reader will also notice every nut bolt and washer replaced with new stainless steel ;)

Next fitted -

New oil pump

New water pump

Welded timing gear

Billet tensioner bracket

New tensioner

Gates timing belt

Titan cam gears

Chromed cam gear backing plate

attachment.php?attachmentid=179266&stc=1&d=1389472215

attachment.php?attachmentid=179267&stc=1&d=1389472215

And this is how it stands now and I must say I am over the moon with how this looks, what a fantastic job by everyone at SRD good work guys :thumbs:

I had the timing belt covers test fitted that I bought from Rob's gold rush supra but I think it would look better with painted covers? Im not a fan of carbon parts so either painted gloss black or colour coded to the body.

The theme of the bay is silver and black, what do you guys think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=179268&stc=1&d=1389472215

attachment.php?attachmentid=179269&stc=1&d=1389472215

attachment.php?attachmentid=179270&stc=1&d=1389472215

IMG-20140110-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20140110-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20140110-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20140110-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20140110-WA0007.jpg

That looks awesome mate :D wish I'd had enough money to buy the last 3.4 HKS from Lee :(

I use the same stroker crankshaft since 7000km

without any problems.

Your build looks good:cool:

Thomas

Lovely motor Kaan. :)

Thanks guys it's getting there, shouldn't be too long now everything's coming together perfectly :)

Don't you dare paint those gold covers! :angrymod:

I think having them in there, regardless of the colour scheme, is a nice way to remember the goldrush.

If it was me, I'd at least get it together and see how it all looks. If you don't like it, just swap them out then. I know it would be a pain to remove the crank pulley again, but hey, to have that forum history in your engine bay, imo it would be worth it.

I won't be painting the gold covers I have a spare set.

Personally I think it would look silly with no other gold parts on the car. I would rather get it right first time rather than getting it all done then taking it apart again.

I'm sure someone else would make better use of the gold in their bay :)

Sell the gold covers and have them in gloss black would look ten times better. I still remember when you first got this car mate now look at it, wow :)

Thanks mate it's come a very long way since I bought it, will be a whole different car for sure when it's finished.

Good work Kaan, enjoyed this thread :thumbs:

great work

Cheers guys :)