The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we have so far? Some pictures of A yellow silvias roof lining etc. A picture of a guy standing next to a bentley and a line of cars with a banner strapped on a railing that could be done in any car park in reality. A few photo's of up to 5 supra's in a not particularly well lit garage style concrete building with limited lighting down a difficult to find access road somewhere. Hardly what I would call a "showroom".

What do we have against? Alot of people with not alot of good things to say about actual contact experiences with the aforementioned company that rubbishes their customer service rep. On top of that examples of a non honoured warranty issue that rubbishes the warranty. Add to that issues that connect them to other companies of ill repute and IMO they are struggling to show credibility. Throw in a bit of confusion over an allegedly heavily repaired vehicle being sold as 100% pucca and you can see a sinking ship on the horizon.

I'm definitely not convinced by any of the answers offered so far. Thing is in reality a war of attrition across the entire internet including on the piston heads site won't stop A rogue trader from selling cars as a large amount of people do not check anything when they go buy a car as long as the ad looks good.

If you want a real result it would probably be a good idea if the Mods from this forum and the others that have suspicions contact those of piston heads and ask them to police their advertising network and get one of their members to pay this establishment an impromptu visit.That would in the minimum remove one avenue of proffering their wares!

can't you get a professional check on cars? I know rac do a basic check to help you buy a car, isn't there a more advanced check?

only way to get back confidence is to get a handful of cars probably inspected (cars voted by other people).

How many people have actually phoned them and had a rude response? What number are people using?

I phoned the number on their website and went to view a supra at the showroom in the photos, didn't get a rude response though. Met a guy called Ali, he was Asian but was dressed smartly. The bodywork was generally good on the supras, a couple had scuffed stock wheels on and needed a bit of a clean though.

I generally form my own judgements and the only reason I wouldn't and didn't buy a car is because I feel they're a bit overpriced compared to what I can get for my money, but then again that's just dealers I guess.

Guest version30
guys thanks for all the feed back i really appreciate it but the point isn,t (is he selling a car that was potentially mine) but the fact that he part exchanged me a car that was sold with 12 months warranty

2 months later the engines knocking and he,s denying it has any warranty and refuses to do anything about it....

i just want the car fixed,,is that too much to ask???

I think Paul should provide an explanation for this before anything else. Paul knows perfectly well that he has a legal obligation to resolve this either under warranty or SOGA. Either way this guy wants his car fixed and he is entitled to it.

hiya folks,

i know these guys ive met the so called *decent 2 asian lads* irl, arnt they both brothers?.

1 thing i hate more then anything is a dodgy trader why do stuff like tht?????? paul firstly mate id like to say and VOUCH all your cars on tht estate and behind the estate are infact very beautiful and clean *bodywise* examples.

1 thing i dont get is you said u dont deal with nobs? yet the young brother is a complete tool n i swear he cant string a full sentence without swearing.

i would personally not buy from you for the following reasons:

1, i have been told BY the younger brother u work for them not them for you lol, and he a complete and utter moron.

2, i have seen all your advertised cars in tht street and the ally behind AND in the so called storage where you keep your cars is behind there house.

3, i saw 4 supras in that street parked on random peoples drives or back garden and not a single one of them was locked...........why would you leave a supra unlocked in a messed up area?

4, i been told storys of the older brother which incl dealing in a few of the cars he sells ohh and the younger brother said himself lol.

if you believe im chatting it i can even mention the cars you had parked outside a few houses lol. skyline behind one of the houses, tvr and 2 supras in one of the other gardens, in the back ally way you have a m5 mtech parked further up you had 5 supras in a row which 1 was a red manual very nice though :-) over the yard at the back there was about 13 cars behind locked wooden gates.

Pot calling kettle here I think!

It's fair to say we've establish the reputation now and all know the questions raised. Only thing we need now are answers not more pointless posts which give an opportunity for the real issues to be avoided.

I get the feeling that there is going to be some mystery shopping going on!

I had thought about that. I go to London quite regularly and thought about calling in.

Paul, if you get a customer ringing up by the name of Bob Shyte then it's probably me.

H.

I think Paul should provide an explanation for this before anything else. Paul knows perfectly well that he has a legal obligation to resolve this either under warranty or SOGA. Either way this guy wants his car fixed and he is entitled to it.

It's fair to say we've establish the reputation now and all know the questions raised. Only thing we need now are answers not more pointless posts which give an opportunity for the real issues to be avoided.

Unfortunately we can't be sure of anything, it could very well be that people are mistakenly going somewhere else, getting bad service and believing they've been dealt with by Paul Brown. I know it's unlikely that the phone numbers were wrong and a dodgy company was pretending to be PBC but the current evidence from Pauls testimony suggests he runs a nice clean polite business, and just misses replying to emails (as IME most car companies do). You're all suggesting that he's lying about that but we have visible proof that a car was bought from Bargain Cars Direct, so why should he honour a warranty? Seems like extreme cases of confirmation bias going on here and ignoring evidence or turning it to your own beliefs.

Personally I think Paul is being shifty and agree with everyone here, but I'm not stupid enough to just accept that and blindly go off shouting 'scam' straight away, he's attempting to prove it (albeit not in a very conclusive way so far) which is far more than most dodgy companies would - yes I know most good companies would be doing their best to sort it out any way they could, which he isn't doing, so we're in the middle aren't we? That's the MIDDLE not the dodgy end. So can we all get back on the fence and let Paul answer the questions in more detail.

I have got a commercial unit twenty yards from this site. I haven't commented on this thread to date because I have nothing to add that is going to prove or disprove the only point to all of this, is PB a dodgy dealer or not.

PB has apparently had a site on Lincoln Road for some time and on three occasions last year I was stopped by people looking for him and they assumed because I was in my Supra I must be him or at least know where he was. I wasn't him, I'm still not him (I'm not going to offer to scan my passport to prove it) and I didn't know where his site was.

In January this year I saw a couple of Supra's outside the commercial unit that has correctly been identified on this thread. I was bound to be interested and wandered in, to bump into a bloke who I have known for ten years. I didn't realise he had owned the commercial unit and he told me he had sold it to two Asian brothers and there was nothing they didn't know about Supra's You will notice his comment that he had sold it them.

I met each of the brothers on different occasions. On the back of two brief chats I think I would judge that the younger brother has more enthusiasm than knowledge about Supras (a lot like me). All the things I told him that I needed to have fixed on my car he said his brother could fix. When I met the older brother he was very confident he could fix everything and look after the car for me and I was just about to book it in with him when I met Paul at Whifbitz.

Could the brothers have looked after my Supra to the standard that Paul does? Who knows and I am not going to find out. Paul is 40 miles away and when I leave the car there I have to take a two hour train journey home. Or I could walk twenty yards instead but the minor inconvenience is worth it.

Since January the presentation of the unit has been worked on. It is in a tired area of Wycombe's biggest industrial estate and I expect the unit is 60 years old. Personally I don't care about the appearance of a business, it's the service that counts. Neither Paul nor Rob Mitchell operate from state of the art modern buildings but so what. If you want to be condescended to, go to a main dealer in a fancy property and pay £100+ an hour for a service.

There is a lot of signage up now, much of it with images of Supras. it doesn't disguise the state of the building but it does advertise the location. Having said all of this I can see no signs mentioning Paul Brown Motors. On a couple of occasions I have had a look at the line of cars outside the unit, I have not been inside since January. I have never bumped into the guy who we now understand to be PB, nor have I met anyone wearing a suit, nor have I spoken to anyone.

The unit always appears busy with cars coming in and out, many Supras and Skylines and the like, and the Dodge referred to earlier.

All of this is a lot of words that adds little to prove anything. If you want to retain some degree of conspiracy theory, I repeat that I was told the brothers had bought the unit. In addition, nothing that you can see from looking at the unit suggests that it is actually Paul Brown Motors. So when all said and done, not only have I failed to add anything to prove or disprove that PB is a dodgy dealer, I haven't even proved that he operates from there! Sorry to have wasted your time.

can't you get a professional check on cars? I know rac do a basic check to help you buy a car, isn't there a more advanced check?

only way to get back confidence is to get a handful of cars probably inspected (cars voted by other people).

These days I wouldn't believe the paper they're written on after what I found following the£150+vat inspection I had "AFR tuning" do on my last supra.

I have got a commercial unit twenty yards from this site. I haven't commented on this thread to date because I have nothing to add that is going to prove or disprove the only point to all of this, is PB a dodgy dealer or not.

PB has apparently had a site on Lincoln Road for some time and on three occasions last year I was stopped by people looking for him and they assumed because I was in my Supra I must be him or at least know where he was. I wasn't him, I'm still not him (I'm not going to offer to scan my passport to prove it) and I didn't know where his site was.

In January this year I saw a couple of Supra's outside the commercial unit that has correctly been identified on this thread. I was bound to be interested and wandered in, to bump into a bloke who I have known for ten years. I didn't realise he had owned the commercial unit and he told me he had sold it to two Asian brothers and there was nothing they didn't know about Supra's You will notice his comment that he had sold it them.

I met each of the brothers on different occasions. On the back of two brief chats I think I would judge that the younger brother has more enthusiasm than knowledge about Supras (a lot like me). All the things I told him that I needed to have fixed on my car he said his brother could fix. When I met the older brother he was very confident he could fix everything and look after the car for me and I was just about to book it in with him when I met Paul at Whifbitz.

Could the brothers have looked after my Supra to the standard that Paul does? Who knows and I am not going to find out. Paul is 40 miles away and when I leave the car there I have to take a two hour train journey home. Or I could walk twenty yards instead but the minor inconvenience is worth it.

Since January the presentation of the unit has been worked on. It is in a tired area of Wycombe's biggest industrial estate and I expect the unit is 60 years old. Personally I don't care about the appearance of a business, it's the service that counts. Neither Paul nor Rob Mitchell operate from state of the art modern buildings but so what. If you want to be condescended to, go to a main dealer in a fancy property and pay £100+ an hour for a service.

There is a lot of signage up now, much of it with images of Supras. it doesn't disguise the state of the building but it does advertise the location. Having said all of this I can see no signs mentioning Paul Brown Motors. On a couple of occasions I have had a look at the line of cars outside the unit, I have not been inside since January. I have never bumped into the guy who we now understand to be PB, nor have I met anyone wearing a suit, nor have I spoken to anyone.

The unit always appears busy with cars coming in and out, many Supras and Skylines and the like, and the Dodge referred to earlier.

All of this is a lot of words that adds little to prove anything. If you want to retain some degree of conspiracy theory, I repeat that I was told the brothers had bought the unit. In addition, nothing that you can see from looking at the unit suggests that it is actually Paul Brown Motors. So when all said and done, not only have I failed to add anything to prove or disprove that PB is a dodgy dealer, I haven't even proved that he operates from there! Sorry to have wasted your time.

That makes for interesting reading !!

Very interesting.

There have been lots of posts in here since I last looked, but no real evidence from either side to prove or disprove "Paul Brown's" claims that he is the owner of said business.

This is all very confusing, and I hope we can get some real evidence to show what's really happening.

To add, I've not added much, either :)

Dealings with businesses in person usually give a first impression that will make your mind up whether to buy or not for you, as did mine over the phone with a couple of dealers/individuals.

At least this thread isn't as bias as it started out now

I don't think it was ever really biased, I think people are just annoyed at how they've been treated and how the man claiming to be Paul brown on this forum is dodging the main questions put to him.

even after being patronised I was going to give him a chance but now I don't think so...

I have now come to the conclusion that Paul Brown doesn't exist, no one has ever seen him and everything suggests that the two brothers own the outfit. As for the guy in the photo god knows who he is.

Give him a chance to laminate his fake passport ;) .