The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Paul is claiming that Lbooth is lying/confused/wrong and actually didn't buy the car from him at all, but bought it from Bargain Cars Direct in the first place?

It is aknowledged in post 343 where I purchased the car.

It's definitely commendable that you have come on to put your side.

If you can answer the questions without any ducking, I will be impressed.

Is it just me who finds it a bit odd that you didn't name the two employees? If that was me, I'd be like "John and Dave (substitute Asian equivalents) work for me, lovely, trustworthy guys" etc

If you are going to turn the tide of scepticism, you are going to need to be honest and frank about PBC. If you can turn this around, it will be a massive PR coup for you. Who knows, maybe you could be the biggest seller of Japanese Sports Cars one day!

Unless Paul is claiming that Lbooth is lying/confused/wrong and actually didn't buy the car from him at all, but bought it from Bargain Cars Direct in the first place?

thats exactly what he will use now, otherwise he would have been straight in with an answer in the first place to defend his business

he dont have an answer for it because if he did it would be the first thing he would defend.

thats exactly what he will use now, otherwise he would have been straight in with an answer in the first place to defend his business

he dont have an answer for it because if he did it would be the first thing he would defend.

Lbooth did purchase it from Paul, he just won't answer the receipt question.

I noticed this too.

I'm happy waiting to see what he has to say about the bank statement/receipt issue.

I think some people need to take a moment, and stop digging, and give the guy a chance to explain himself and business practices.

I'm all for getting the answers, but it appears he has been on since late afternoon, coming and going, answering what he can when he can.

Everyone needs to just be patient, otherwise, he's just going to say b*****ks to it, and not bother answering the questions put forward. Or worse, the thread will be locked and of no use to anyone.

Continue when ready Paul........

Not sure if this helps but I looked at a Supra being sold by "platinum autos" who have a website but appear to have moved on from Jap cars. That business was run by two Asian brothers from their driveway, they also had some cars parked behind a house down an alleyway. I didnt buy their car as it was a bit ropey but they were nice enough people.

I'm only saying this in case theres any confusion between two businesses since they are only a couple of miles down the road in Wycombe as well, there location is on their website.

Fair dues to the guy coming back to answer some of the questions. Why then does he not answer emails? Why make it awkward for legitmate buyers to go view his cars? He says they turn over ten times the competition, and yet they can turn away people they don't like. Are there really that many people buying Supra's?

When I was hunting for my first Supra the initial ads I stumbled upon were for PBC. I contacted them to enquire about a car and got no response at all. I had cash waiting and they had no idea who I was except my name and county. Why didn't they respond? I also contacted Jurgen at the same time who responded almost immediately (great customer service). Says it all really...

And is it just me, or do you feel like 'Paul Brown' should be holding up a copy of today's newspaper in those shots? Can't help but think they dragged some poor fella from the offices nearby to pose...

He offered to scan his passport and send it to a mod.

True, he did. Wonder if any took him up on the offer.

I still find those pictures amusing, though... and still don't know why he wouldn't answer mine or other's emails.

And is it just me, or do you feel like 'Paul Brown' should be holding up a copy of today's newspaper in those shots? Can't help but think they dragged some poor fella from the offices nearby to pose...

Weird turn of events - still no close to a conclusion..

hiya folks,

i know these guys ive met the so called *decent 2 asian lads* irl, arnt they both brothers?.

1 thing i hate more then anything is a dodgy trader why do stuff like tht?????? paul firstly mate id like to say and VOUCH all your cars on tht estate and behind the estate are infact very beautiful and clean *bodywise* examples.

1 thing i dont get is you said u dont deal with nobs? yet the young brother is a complete tool n i swear he cant string a full sentence without swearing.

i would personally not buy from you for the following reasons:

1, i have been told BY the younger brother u work for them not them for you lol, and he a complete and utter moron.

2, i have seen all your advertised cars in tht street and the ally behind AND in the so called storage where you keep your cars is behind there house.

3, i saw 4 supras in that street parked on random peoples drives or back garden and not a single one of them was locked...........why would you leave a supra unlocked in a messed up area?

4, i been told storys of the older brother which incl dealing in a few of the cars he sells ohh and the younger brother said himself lol.

if you believe im chatting it i can even mention the cars you had parked outside a few houses lol. skyline behind one of the houses, tvr and 2 supras in one of the other gardens, in the back ally way you have a m5 mtech parked further up you had 5 supras in a row which 1 was a red manual very nice though :-) over the yard at the back there was about 13 cars behind locked wooden gates.

Just a thought, but I wonder if there would be a big a witch hunt if there wasn't an allusion of "dodgy asians" being involved?...

Pm's asking for passport scans makes me LOL :D

High Wycombe is only 30 minutes up the M4 from London, there must be one member who is local to them??

Just a thought, but I wonder if there would be a big a witch hunt if there wasn't an allusion of "dodgy asians" being involved?...

Pm's asking for passport scans makes me LOL :D

High Wycombe is only 30 minutes up the M4 from London, there must be one member who is local to them??

I don't think that's particularly fair, if you can find a more PC way of describing these guys then be my guest. If they had been white they would have been described as white Chav. IMO picking apart peoples terminology of different races and creeds is bigotry in itself.

The problem is that until now Paul has been very shifty with his company details - this is not how a legitimate business operates. He's messed people around, not kept promises, doesn't return calls. The worst thing is his underhand sales tactics, starting a domino effect that has every Supra dealer bumping their ads on Pistonheads repeatedly. This is a major gripe of mine. He also blatantly has a dig at our Club Supra importer on his Homepage.

His account also mysteriously appeared as soon as Trade Cars account stopped being used regularly.

He is guilty of much he has been accused of, the proof is here, but his general attitude and secrecy has not helped with everything else.

I also find it rather unusual that 3 of the larger Supra dealers in the UK are based in the same, relatively small, town.

But he's given us his word he'll answer all the questions today, so no doubt we can expect a response to all the questions posed in the next 14 minutes. :)

1. Just a thought, but I wonder if there would be a big a witch hunt if there wasn't an allusion of "dodgy asians" being involved?...

2. Pm's asking for passport scans makes me LOL :D

3. High Wycombe is only 30 minutes up the M4 from London, there must be one member who is local to them??

1. No.

2. He offered :)

3. Probably. Although I think you mean M40.