The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

after reading all the posts over the last few days.

if i was paul brown cars,be it paul or whoever pbc are, then just answer all the questions put to you,then everyone else will be either justified or have to eat humble pie.

but at least the subject would be dealt with and im sure all this bad publicity wont be helping your buisness.

since ive been on the site any problems with traders or any other kinds of disputes,said parties have sorted it out quickly and as positively as possible and the way you keep dodging answering peoples questions doesnt help your case.

as far as race goes, dodgy is dodgy regardless of colour or creed and calling someone asian,when they are isnt bad, theres worse names than that.

my 2 pence worth

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok sorry for losing it and wont do again.

But so far i feel we have done NOTHING wrong,

Our Silvia is a perfect car as described.

The UK spec that's described ''as new'' is as described and is not the scrap car as mentioned.

We are a well established garage on a huge site (as witnessed earlier by a memebr who will come on here soon to report ) that just not sells cars, but also has full auto refurb faciliies including bake oven full professional bodyshop facilities, servicing bays valeting bay etc.

Our site capacity exceeds 100.

Im am on site most days

My brother Mat plus two of our collegues Ali and Mo are on site everyday.

errrrr.......im that handsome white guy in the pics :)

And we are by NO means dodgy as many people have been calling us.

The Silver supra mentioned earlier was sold on a TRADE basis.

We clearly told the seller that there is NO warranty on the engine or anything along them lines.

The deal was to take his Uk supra in need of tlc from him in exchange for a Silver aero.

Went our drivers (with the silver aero on a flat bed) arrived at this chaps house the Uk Supra had smokey turbos, badly knocking engine (big ends) the body was very rusty. Basically the car had been described wrongly. Its was clearly evident this chap treats his cars like crap and its a customer we wont want to be having to deal with on a warranty basis.

However we still had use for his supra as we can break it, so gave him the Silver aero in exchange for his car. It was made clear no warranty given or implied to this guy it wasnt a normal sale it was a 'trade' deal.

Cars sold on a 'Trade' basis are exempt from the SOGA

However on learning his car had problems i got Ali to call them guys and offer a replacement engine as we do have surplus n/a engines in stock.

But sadly this chaps partner or who ever she was decided to was a good idea and try to sue us as it says 12 months warranty on our website???

She was also very rude and insulting to Ali.

Now i will say just out of kindness, we can still help.

If you apologise for your quote 'heated words', we will send out a replacement engine to you in fact if your very nice we will even fit it.

The balls in your court.

Still Paul Brown Cars Limited

Our accountants have had a cock up and not submitted our papers to companies house hence the dissolved.

We will be reinstated soon as its not easy to get this sorted with companies house.

The easier option is to restart and register Pbc ltd again but its better to have reinstated.

The Silver supra mentioned earlier was sold on a TRADE basis.

We clearly told the seller that there is NO warranty on the engine or anything along them lines.

The deal was to take his Uk supra in need of tlc from him in exchange for a Silver aero.

Went our drivers (with the silver aero on a flat bed) arrived at this chaps house the Uk Supra had smokey turbos, badly knocking engine (big ends) the body was very rusty. Basically the car had been described wrongly. Its was clearly evident this chap treats his cars like crap and its a customer we wont want to be having to deal with on a warranty basis.

However we still had use for his supra as we can break it, so gave him the Silver aero in exchange for his car. It was made clear no warranty given or implied to this guy it wasnt a normal sale it was a 'trade' deal.

Cars sold on a 'Trade' basis are exempt from the SOGA

However on learning his car had problems i got Ali to call them guys and offer a replacement engine as we do have surplus n/a engines in stock.

But sadly this chaps partner or who ever she was decided to was a good idea and try to sue us as it says 12 months warranty on our website???

She was also very rude and insulting to Ali.

If you apologise for your quote 'heated words', we will send out a replacement engine to you in fact if your very nice we will even fit it.

The balls in your court.

Question - Was the buyer of this vehicle Trade? If not, then it was not a trade sale and you are bound by usual trading standards practice and law.

Edited by straightsix (see edit history)

I'd have a look through this as some bedtime reading

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/676408/oft1241.pdf

You might realise what your responsibilities are

Examples of misleading actions:

Misleading consumers about their

statutory or other rights, for example,

by using words or statements such as

‘Sold as Seen’ or ‘Trade Sale Only’ or

‘No Refund’ or ‘Spare or Repair’ even if

the statement ‘this does not affect your

statutory rights’ is included.

I'd have a look through this as some bedtime reading

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/676408/oft1241.pdf

You might realise what your responsibilities are

Examples of misleading actions:

Misleading consumers about their

statutory or other rights, for example,

by using words or statements such as

‘Sold as Seen’ or ‘Trade Sale Only’ or

‘No Refund’ or ‘Spare or Repair’ even if

the statement ‘this does not affect your

statutory rights’ is included.

Again were gonna beat around the bush with blah blah blah.

Ive already said we can replace this guys engine ?????

If his lady apologies for calling my dear friend and collegue a 'PAKI(stani) cunt'

Sorry for using the race card again but is what was said!!!!!!!

You guys as usual are not giving a me break so i have to disclose the full facts....

Edited by Paul Brown (see edit history)

Working in a bank, that does not sound right but hey ho. I've followed the topic an here's my bit, someone who lives on my road buys cars from PBC and speaks well of them. A repeat customer since moving to the area. She came across to me recently because she bought a new car and was sayin how she liked it but when she was at PBC saw "cars very similar to mine" so it interested me looked it up, bit pricey but you have to make a living. It's been a very shocking read so far as literally her words are a direct contradiction to what a lot of people have experienced. I will be coming over to have a look at your supras as I am looking to upgrade from my NA as soon as my insurer will let me. I hope my experience is like hers.

JP

Im sure it will be mate, were bigger and better than before, now with our full bodyshop facilities we can also help you with 50% off future bumper scuffs / wheel kerbings etc

Ok with this im gonna say good bye for the weekend.

Its been a very stressfull week for me and sorry for the replies in dribs and drabs. Its just cos im so busy with work etc as you can imagine its very hard for me to come online as often as i would wish.

errr and sorry if ive distressed anybody.

Thanks

Ok the bank statement incident is plain simple to explain. Was gonna leave the easy bit to the last but you guys seem to be getting very impatient

We had to buy a car from comapny X.

We have the funds coming in from the customer who is buying a car from us that day. So rather than have that customer pay us on our PDQ and then we wait 5 days for it to clear (as it was a Saturday morning he paid). Take the cash out (and be lumped with a £200 fee to withdraw the cash) to pay company X.

Why not use their wireless PDQ to pay them direct???? Put us in a better position as we have the new stock asap and have it sold asap. Helps company X out too as they wont be lumped with 2% charge when paying cash into their bank.

Doesnt affect the customer buying of us as the contract was between us (PBC) and the customer, How we direct the payment (most cost efficient way) is upto us.

Im suprised you intelligent guys couldn't work this possiblilty out for yourselves???

Or were you too busy asain bashing??

Hey???

BS meter - home to Josh's bottomless fueltank and BCD's POS terminal :D

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

Not so much out of kindness but because you're obliged to do something (repair or refund), but good on you for offering that rather late gesture.

Ive already said we can replace this guys engine ?????

If his lady apologies for calling my dear friend and collegue a 'PAKI(stani) cunt'

Two sides to every story, this is the side we hadn't heard. Trouble is you're in a trade where you have to take stuff like that from customers and STILL give them what they're due. You could be a PITA and suggest repair if they drop the car off to you with no courtesy car etc, but you have to do something, and if you're trying to be a 'good' trader then what you suggest seems the best option.

Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the lead pipe?

I raise your Colonel with a Delboy, in the back alley, with a wheel brace.

I'll raise you....Ed in the Dungeon with a Dildo..!!

I can't believe the race card was played in this thread. I think as motoring enthusiasts the word "dodgy" as opposed to "asians" needed to be the focus of the comments.

Either way it seems funny to me that PA, BT, TC are now all disolved and there is now this new company with tons of stock that behave in a remarkably similar way. I suspect that you guys have been through some rough times to get your business to a point it is now and are now looking to learn from your mistakes and run a credible business. I am not buying the bank transfer story as there are obvious links between the disolved companies and PBC.

Either way, people would have to make their own minds up before possibly purchasing a vehicle.

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

My personal opinion after reading every post on here is that I would never buy a car from PBC or anyone else that wasn't a main dealer in the High Wycombe area. Just in case. I think any sane person would be the same.

Not answering questions clearly and concisely is very irritating if as you claim you have nothing to hide.

Trying to deny customers their statutory rights by claiming a sale was "trade" is just plain wrong.

If you are genuine I wish you luck and hope you learn from this, If you are a charleton then I hope you get all you deserve.

I'm now out.

Okay as i was about to buy my Supra i contacted Paul Brown Cars regarding one of there cars advertised on Pistonhead and other various sites. is said nothing about the car beeing sold and as i was genuinly intrested in the car i started off with emailing. Did not recive any reply and after 3-4 days i Phoned and on the other end there was a verry typical car salesman.. When i said what car i was intrested in you said it had been sold weeks before. i said Okay strange i saw the add same day on pistonheads and it did not say sold or anything. Said i was intrested in another car and same thing about that one.. it was sold aswell.. however you had other cars that where suposed to be MINT and PRESTINE and what not.

i got the impression you where dodgy searched around here and found a thread where people where not allowed to comment about you or you would sue them... so i thought this dont sound right and walked away. a mate of mine did too..

you lost 2 potential buyers with cash at hand due to the dodgness...

also i just feel that its VERRY rare that "no smoke without fire" is totally wrong..

I said earlier in this thread that I would drop by at the site shown in the photographs and I did just that at lunchtime. I have just got in from a straight 36 hour unbroken shift so I am going to eat a kebab and get some sleep. I will post some stuff up tomorrow, how insightful or useful it may prove to be will be for others to judge!

You can't carry on trading under a dissolved company name - it's illegal if you carry on using "limited" (or the shortened version, "ltd"), which you are doing on your website and ebay at least.

As I understand it, if the cars (and any money in a company bank account, property, etc) were owned by the company - and you didn't choose to dissolve the copmany and therefore didn't move the ownership before the company was dissolved - then they're bona vacantia i.e. not yours any more. If they weren't in the companies name, then who owned/owns them?

http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk/output/bvc1-assets-of-dissolved-companies-that-have-vested-in-the-crown-as-bona-vacantia-1.aspx

Still Paul Brown Cars Limited

Our accountants have had a cock up and not submitted our papers to companies house hence the dissolved.

We will be reinstated soon as its not easy to get this sorted with companies house.

The easier option is to restart and register Pbc ltd again but its better to have reinstated.

Er what?? Companies do not get dissolved without quite a lot of effort or quite alot of lack of effort ie significant periods of non-trading/response to contact. I've dissolved 2 companies and in both cases it was a hell of a lot of effort. On the flip-side creating a company takes about 30 minutes using any number of company creation services.

Either you have a crap accountant, crap advise, or you are blowing even more smoke!!

FWIW I believe that you are utterly full of shit and not to be trusted in any way shape or form!!

If you really had what most people describe as a showroom you'd have had pictures up of it days ago. They would also look better than a car park and a couple of concrete rooms!

If you were genuinely out selling 10 times the rest of the country you'd have the cash to close this forum down just like happened to the volvo forum a couple of years ago when they bad mouthed a dodgy trader.

Considering how many cars you say you sell I am stunned that you can't find one buyer that will back you up on this forum or any other! Jurgen for a tenth of your sales could if he rustled up some support provide at least 50 if not more willing recommendation and he is IMO now an expensive importer!

Keighley imports had a pile em high sell em cheap thing going on but eventually they got a rep they deserved as well.

Show us some positive feedback and answer the questions asked or SOD off and sell to the unaware!!

Personally think this guy has overstayed his welcome here. I wouldn't even wish him good luck as I think the guy and his chums are a fraud.

Like said earlier, no smoke without fire.

As for the dodgy Asian comment, I was very close to using it myself cause that's exactly the impression I got from the posts.

Imi