The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

Right with regards to ecu choice, i would obviously recommend the syvecs as its a awesome bit of kit and what it does is amazing BUT when i started planning my build i was advised by SRD and Ryan to go for syvecs if i could afford it or look for a HKS FCON! you need to remember that Ryan can map both very very well and the FCON is that much cheaper....

Syvecs still does get my vote and i went syvecs on my car! its just a great piece of kit and with Ryan mapping it, its win win. Plus get the JT Innovation screen to really get your juices flowing lol

Yes Ryan can map both ECU's but the amount of features on the Syvecs is amazing Rob, IMO if someone is spedning 3.5k on your single setup plus al the extra bits what is another 2k to the build to know the car will in safe hands of the Syvecs, £600 on an ECU i think thats insane IMO, then you have to ask why is someone selling the ECU when they used to go for 1.5k 2nd hand????

The syvecs has so many saftey features its crazy, that potentially can save an engine, and one hell of a Repair bill. With Alex so far away and no one up here as good as the traders down south if it goes tits up, then its one almighty trip back to SRD.

Its the same old question when building a single set up, do you go for good quality parts, or parts that will get the job done??

IMO the ECU these days in tuning cars is thee most important part of a build.

I've said my part on this, and will leave Alex to it now. As its his build.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tbh I will probably end up going syvecs, after seeing everything it can do and like geo says there nobody up this side of the border that I would trust!

I've seen what Ryan was able to do on Kwalkers big single aristo over the syvecs system and it was very impressive.

It's not all down to budget or anything on the ecu, both the syvecs and the Fcon were recommended by lee to use.

I had Jamesys f con after him, the car ran very smooth and was awesome all around! The syvecs has all the safety features to go with what the f con has and more, but it's relevant to what you have, my f con was the first thing I bought for my build, at the time the syvecs was very new only 3/4 out there. I stuck with it and was very happy, would I have been happier with the Syvecs safety features? umhhh, probably yes!

I am looking to buy the new AEM Infinity -10 for my build, reason being is that my local tuner/mechanic is most knowledgeble with AEM EMS's; I would really like Ryan to Map it but its simply not practical to do so and I like the idea that my mechanic is also tuning it because that way he will get to know my car really well which should help problem solve any issues I may have i the future.

I had Jamesys f con after him, the car ran very smooth and was awesome all around! The syvecs has all the safety features to go with what the f con has and more, but it's relevant to what you have, my f con was the first thing I bought for my build, at the time the syvecs was very new only 3/4 out there. I stuck with it and was very happy, would I have been happier with the Syvecs safety features? umhhh, probably yes!

So you wish that you had went syvecs instead of using the Fcon then dude? I'm just wanting to see what the differences are between them apart from the syvecs' good safety side of things.

I am looking to buy the new AEM Infinity -10 for my build, reason being is that my local tuner/mechanic is most knowledgeble with AEM EMS's; I would really like Ryan to Map it but its simply not practical to do so and I like the idea that my mechanic is also tuning it because that way he will get to know my car really well which should help problem solve any issues I may have i the future.

After having AEM in my Lexus turbo, I just really need liked it so would never go down thaat ecu route again dude.

Thing is mate i paid £950 for the f con, loom and a boost controller and another £350 for the the hks knock amp/afr reader, so i was £1300 in before i new it. i havent used traction but if i wanted traction control i would have had to gone racelogic at £400 odd pounds. so thats £1750. At £1350 i regretted not getting the syvecs, yes. If your thinking about traction control aswell then yes, i would go syvecs, its all in one unit and no need to keep looking at gauges as the syvecs does all that for you.

Thing is mate i paid £950 for the f con, loom and a boost controller and another £350 for the the hks knock amp/afr reader, so i was £1300 in before i new it. i havent used traction but if i wanted traction control i would have had to gone racelogic at £400 odd pounds. so thats £1750. At £1350 i regretted not getting the syvecs, yes. If your thinking about traction control aswell then yes, i would go syvecs, its all in one unit and no need to keep looking at gauges as the syvecs does all that for you.

I would be looking at proper traction control aswell dude. Ill speak to lee again and see what he thinks

Well i wouldn't change my current setup ;)

But then again i have to keep everything HKS.

The f-con is a belter of an ecu. The syvecs is also just with more safety features.

You can't change the do-luck anyway :p it's illegal! Lol

Ill buy it!? paypal?

:p where would I put my nice shiney turbo kit then?!

Thats looking so awesome mate,... and its come along so nicely and quickly.

Those wheels are very nice.

UK scoop makes a big improvement. Always fancied one of those myself.

Maybe one day,.... *dreams*

Cheers ed! Your car is still an absolute stunning example! Yeah the uk scoop does make a difference big time and these wheels finish it off nicely