Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I include everything and a rough labour cost I'm still well within my budget dude :thumbs:

which is? thats the reason i asked? people do these builds and never know how much one cost in reality, so its a good indication for others to know, what sort of cost these builds actually do cost. :D

which is? thats the reason i asked? people do these builds and never know how much one cost in reality, so its a good indication for others to know, what sort of cost these builds actually do cost. :D

I've got a budget of £15K just to be safe, that's all i am sharing just now untill I get the car to lee's and discuss everything for final prices and etc dude :)

I've got a budget of £15K just to be safe, that's all i am sharing just now untill I get the car to lee's and discuss everything for final prices and etc dude :)

I did £3k more than that on fabrication extra's and sensors and little hoses. I still think a realistic budget is £15k-20k for a decent setup. good to see you know the score and have a lump set aside, people sometimes under-estimate the cost on a decent reliable build.

I did £3k more than that on fabrication extra's and sensors and little hoses. I still think a realistic budget is £15k-20k for a decent setup. good to see you know the score and have a lump set aside, people sometimes under-estimate the cost on a decent reliable build.

thanks guys,

see no one every talks about the cost of a build they all say 10k will get you a good setup, to me that all wrong, its more like 15-20k in my eyes.

And even then it still could be more. :eek:

thanks guys,

see no one every talks about the cost of a build they all say 10k will get you a good setup, to me that all wrong, its more like 15-20k in my eyes.

And even then it still could be more. :eek:

The problem is not every member wants to declare what they have spent, i know i dont, i have no idea on my turbo build buts its definately inbetween them figures, then i had to have big brakes and then new wheels on top! and thats still not including retrim and bodykits ect ect. Im lucky that i own a bodyshop and im a qualified mechanic so did alot of the work myself... if your the average Joe then a £30k full build to good standard aint a unrealistic figure imo

The problem is not every member wants to declare what they have spent, i know i dont, i have no idea on my turbo build buts its definately inbetween them figures, then i had to have big brakes and then new wheels on top! and thats still not including retrim and bodykits ect ect. Im lucky that i own a bodyshop and im a qualified mechanic so did alot of the work myself... if your the average Joe then a £30k full build to good standard aint a unrealistic figure imo

If you are gold plating everything maybe ;)

Easy to spend 30k if you are doing all the above, just a small single build id say £15k is realistic.

If you are gold plating everything maybe ;)

Easy to spend 30k if you are doing all the above, just a small single build id say £15k is realistic.

I mean £30k on a full car build inc repaint ect ect the finished deal, not just engine work. I agree with your £15k price tag on just going single. Gold is for legends ;) you know you want it

I spent £13k with coilovers and wheels and tyres, that's with no labour so £15k is realistic IMO. That included engine strip refresh with bearings, arp bolts/studs etc

And you used a fair few second hand parts iirc?

Take it thats not a built engine, thats just going single on an unopened engine.

Correct £20k+ if you are doing an engine rebuild.

And you used a fair few second hand parts iirc?

Correct £20k+ if you are doing an engine rebuild.

Only used bits in the end Jamie were manifold, down pipe and f con. So I probably saved around £1000 on the exhaust side and a few hundred on the f con in comparison to a syvecs, time I added boost controller and hks afr knock amp. And I spent money on things that others may not have bothered with just to make sure it was reliable such as full head rebuild, bottom pulley, Titan tensioner bracket, oil/water pumps and clutch and flywheel. It defi telly started off as a low budget build starting with the used t88 kit which spiralled like most build do!

Also fitted used injectors so that was a saving but had cw check them before fitting!

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)