The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

Another question Steve, What did you use to refurb your brakes calipers front and rear? Because me and dad need to paint ours :)

PM me if you'd prefer!

Another Halfords special; http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&productId=175542&catalogId=10151

Probably not the best stuff but was a bit stuck for time and have used this before, It dries fairly quickly so don't hang around painting them. :)

:rlol: That could work... If it does a good job can you buy me some, If my wife finds me buying that on Ebay she's gonna get all sorts of ideas! :D

I found general bumper black stuff worked just fine.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely a beautiful Suup Steve. I have a soft spot for those big twin supras.

Can you post a dynograph? (can't find it anymore in this massive thread). How would you rate the driveabilitiy and lag with those twins?

I've heard from several big twin owners that the dynographs look way more laggy than it feels. Especially compared to big singles.

TIA

Absolutely a beautiful Suup Steve. I have a soft spot for those big twin supras.

Can you post a dynograph? (can't find it anymore in this massive thread). How would you rate the driveabilitiy and lag with those twins?

I've heard from several big twin owners that the dynographs look way more laggy than it feels. Especially compared to big singles.

TIA

Thank you, Dyno plot is on page 38.

I personally love how the big twins perform, they have a more progressive power delivery opposed to single which definitely helps with traction in my opinion. In real terms their not that big so spool is pretty good to be honest.

Did you sell the lip Steve or keeping hold of it?

No matter what, your car always looks good..... Even when dusty :p

Dust... where... :faint: :D

Keeping hold of the lip at the moment, not even sure the active spoiler will get done on this visit as there are other things I want doing which are more important so It depends on the outcome of those first. :)

I drew a new nob on your engine mate over the weekend- the old one seems to have disappeared.....

:rlol:

Dust... where... :faint: :D

Keeping hold of the lip at the moment, not even sure the active spoiler will get done on this visit as there are other things I want doing which are more important so It depends on the outcome of those first. :)

Can't be much left to do on this car mate! It's perfect already :thumbs:

Can't be much left to do on this car mate! It's perfect already :thumbs:

Cheers mate but you know as well as me that a modified car is never finished. :)

How come they changed the drive of the car out of interest?

I'm no expert but my understanding is that the ASNU injectors have a better spray pattern allowing for finer adjustments when mapping thus making a smoother drive at low revs when the injectors are at low duty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd better update this as it's been a while. :)

I've decided not to go down the active spoiler route as it's too much trouble with my current set up and there was other stuff which has taken priority.

The car is almost ready to pick up from SRD and here is some of the stuff I've had done off the top of my head.

• Full service
  • New clutch fluid
  • New gearbox fluid
  • New rear upper suspension arms
  • New rear wheel bearings
  • New steering gaiters
  • New gearbox access cover
  • New braided clutch line
  • New alternator pulley
  • New aux belt tension pulley
  • All new Teflon fuel lines
  • Fuel flex sensor
  • Full geometry set up

I'm sure there's more lol.

They have also made another custom engine bay heat shield to cover the clutch master as I think I've been cooking the clutch fluid. They have extended the shield right across the back between the current engine bay boxes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185141&d=1399400697

attachment.php?attachmentid=185142&d=1399400697

attachment.php?attachmentid=185143&d=1399400697

Another custom modification to the front is a flip front number plate on the stock bumper. They have cut and welded the crash bar to accommodate the mechanism.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185158&d=1399402064

attachment.php?attachmentid=185159&d=1399402064

Yet another custom modification to the front is these DRL/side lights. The indicators are being relocated into the headlight fog position.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185146&d=1399400723

The front bumper has been smoothed and painted with the RMM lip also painted, all ready to get stone chipped on Dragonball! :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=185147&d=1399400723

More pictures soon. :)

SRD 6.jpg

SRD 7.jpg

SRD 8.jpg

SRD 1.jpg

SRD 5.jpg

SRD 3.jpg

SRD 4.jpg

Looks great mate, nice idea on the DRL's

Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing them up and running. :)

Looks great Steve....when is a remap on ethanol planned?

Cheers Luc. not planned yet, it will be after dragonball unfortunately. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Looking strong!

Cheers Chris.