The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best mods I've seen in a long time :cool: you've made a budget brake kit look just as good, if not better, than a brembo kit.

Top work :thumbs:

Thanks mate, I'm happy with how they turned out. I'm sure if they were Brembo, Alcon Etc, they probably wouldnt of got the Supra decals. :)

Erm...

:D :lol:

Now now, lets not put this in the gutter lol.

Yeah just measured it and their is at least 20-30mm clearance from the brakes, also checked the inside of the wheel and there looks to be about 20mm clearance before the wheel would foul the strut so absolutely no spacers are required for my set up with 356mm 8pot K-Sport front brakes and UK rear brakes on stock body. :)

Brakes look great Steve, good job. That is very useful information thanks, that will help to size my wheels and brakes :D

Brakes look great Steve, good job. That is very useful information thanks, that will help to size my wheels and brakes :D

Thanks Mark, glad I could be of assistance. ;)

Looks fantastic! When you 'testing' them out ;)

Cheers Abz. Looks like the weather is good for the weekend, would be rude not to do some testing. I'm also hoping to get to the Portsmouth meet on Sunday. :)

That looks great mate, all Supra's did come with 8 pot fronts I thought? :p :D look forward to seeing the active spoiler on, always thought they looked good too :)

:D Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to the active spoiler as well just hope it works out.

Thanks Mark, glad I could be of assistance. ;)

Cheers Abz. Looks like the weather is good for the weekend, would be rude not to do some testing. I'm also hoping to get to the Portsmouth meet on Sunday. :)

:D Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to the active spoiler as well just hope it works out.

I'm sure Lee and Ash will get it to work :D

Took to car out yesterday to check the brakes, all seems good other than a slight squeal but I can't tell if it's coming from the front or back! I would presume the rears as the fronts haven't been apart. It seemed to quieten down after a bit of a run so they may just need a bit of bedding in as I did give the face of the discs a very light emery to clean them up. I'm going to the Portsmouth meet tonight so If they are still noisy when I get back I'll pull them apart and re grease them again.

Quick clean before the meet tonight. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=181162&d=1393153408

I'm on the look out for another stock front bumper, preferably in 202 black with an unpainted stock lip if anyone has one knocking around. :)

Wanted thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303809-Stock-front-bumper-with-unpainted-stock-lip-preferably-202-black

IMG_2493.jpg

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

Steve, just wondering what grade of sandpaper did you use to freshen up your active spoiler lip? I was thinking about going over mine with some 600 wet n dry, then finishing at 1000.

I used this; http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_161182_langId_-1_categoryId_255242

It doesn't specify a grade other than fine but at a guess it's around 800, I also found it worked best wet. Don't go too mad with It as you can discolour the plastic. :)