The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonnet is still in the bodyshop, Noel was not happy with the finish so stripped it right back, should be done sometime next week.

I cant get the vband joint between the Ti exhaust and the midpide to seal right, it keeps leaking and today got worse, the fumes are getting in the car somehow and Ive been feeling sick since getting back from the LMM meet with the headache from hell :(

Im going to have to sort something with it or get a new exhaust, wish id kept my BL now, anyone want to swap for a BL?

On a plus note ive got all the bits today to put the boot back together, (thanks Brendan) it looked a bit of a mess since taking out the dynamat, i had the boot resprayed and now fitted all the plastics back in, carpet is hanging up outside, i jetwashed it.

Also fitted a carbon blade TRD rear spoiler, I fancied a change for a bit, will get a beter picture next time the car is out, maybe there will be a couple of decent pics from todays LMM meet.

Im looking to put a smaller turbo back on an all, i fancy some fast spooling fun for a bit, (keeping the GT42) thinking of the new 6766 or 6768 for 800 ish hub bhp.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Precision_67mm_CEA_Billet_Turbo_6766/3677

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

LMM meet was tight for space, Id not go again, ace cafe is far better imo.

I Sold the old 76mm, that was a good turbo but old now, not much different in spool time than the one i have on the car now, I fancy a smaller turbo for a bit.

No probs James.

Try 1 of these for the exhaust Jamie. I couldnt get mine to seal either and this did the job. There expensive brut a VERY good bit of kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-V-Band-Kit-Heavy-Duty-Clamp-Stainless-Steel-Pipe-/220702621462?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3362e6bf16#ht_1988wt_1174

That looks like it may do the job, just ordered one, cheers mate.

Im not a TRD spoiler fan myself really, just fancy a change for a bit and it only takes a few min to swap out, that picture dont do it justice though looks better in the flesh i think, hopefully somebody will have some better pics from the LMM meet.

More concerned about getting this exhaust to seal, its driving me up the wall, if this new vband dont work that exhaust will be heading for the scrap yard.

Yes, its a copy of the hks ti, the vband is very small compared to the other 4" vbands ive seen, try and clamp them together and the vband clamps just bend over to one side, I think i got carbon monoxide poisoning today, feel blooming terrible :(

Yes, its a copy of the hks ti, the vband is very small compared to the other 4" vbands ive seen, try and clamp them together and the vband clamps just bend over to one side, I think i got carbon monoxide poisoning today, feel blooming terrible :(

Anyone else had the same problem or just your one JP?

Anyone else had the same problem or just your one JP?

Everyone of my v-band leaked and 1 tried everything including smothering it in paste. The v-band clamps I posted the link for we're my last option before I cut all the flanges off and make 4 bolt flanges at work to be welded on. These flanges are the nuts. The same syle as the Tial wastegates use.

Had a ride in the beast today, cheers Jamie! Fantastic, I want one :D

You should treat yourself to one mate lol :D

LMM meet was tight for space, Id not go again, ace cafe is far better imo.

I Sold the old 76mm, that was a good turbo but old now, not much different in spool time than the one i have on the car now, I fancy a smaller turbo for a bit.

No probs James.

That Billet 6765H on mine mate would do you nicely, 800+ on tap, stupidly fast spooling and packs enough punch to keep you amused!! ;)