The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

460-480 ftlb at 1 bar . its feels verry toquey to drive . what torque levels do the 1jzs have in there factory form?

If its any consolidation I know that the vvti 1jz's which were mated to R154s are capable of putting out 400ft lbs with just a full decat and exhaust.

The R154 is a hit and miss really, some of them can take power, some of them det themselves with little effort especially if they have seen a lot of hard miles.

If its any consolidation I know that the vvti 1jz's which were mated to R154s are capable of putting out 400ft lbs with just a full decat and exhaust.

The R154 is a hit and miss really, some of them can take power, some of them det themselves with little effort especially if they have seen a lot of hard miles.

i know they are a minefield. most arte on drift works which probably means they have been batterd to within an inch of there lives . im starting to lean toward puting the car i n a lockup for 6 months and going for the 6 speed

i know they are a minefield. most arte on drift works which probably means they have been batterd to within an inch of there lives . im starting to lean toward puting the car i n a lockup for 6 months and going for the 6 speed

Its probably the best idea to be honest mate. Just have some time off, save your pennies and get a Getrag.

Hey all, I will now be coming to track days with this... (picked it up on saturday)

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319959_10150342660723802_524978801_8220927_1465483808_n.jpg

Look forward to meeting a few of you soon at the track :)

A truely awe inspiring machine mate. Fantastic buy.

The very best of luck with it and I hope it gives you years of pleasure.

Just finished a suitably ropey, race car inspired, quick release solution for the front of the car so I can get it up onto a transporter easily now that the new front lip is a permanent fixture to the bumper.

A pair of spring catches and a pair of R clips are now all that holds the front in place. I'll throw a picture or two up tomorrow when it's a bit less dark and wet.

Just finished a suitably ropey, race car inspired, quick release solution for the front of the car so I can get it up onto a transporter easily now that the new front lip is a permanent fixture to the bumper.

A pair of spring catches and a pair of R clips are now all that holds the front in place. I'll throw a picture or two up tomorrow when it's a bit less dark and wet.

exelent, ill wait anxiously

exelent, ill wait anxiously

Allow me to change your anxiety to disappointment with some rather appaling pictures of a very dishevelled looking Supra. It think her chances of winning best in show are pretty slim.

I should roll her out into the rain and have the 12 months of dust rinsed off at least!

The gap between the bonnet and the bumper is because the bonnet is raised, front and back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=140803&d=1319539085

attachment.php?attachmentid=140804&d=1319539085

attachment.php?attachmentid=140805&d=1319539085

attachment.php?attachmentid=140806&d=1319539085

attachment.php?attachmentid=140807&d=1319539085

attachment.php?attachmentid=140808&d=1319539097

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Surely having the bonnet raised at the front will be a bit dodgy? :search:

How so mate?

Don't forget the back is lifted also by means of spacers between the bonnet hinges and the bonnet itself.

I originally did it when the car was an NA.

Firstly to get more air directed to the air filter inlet that sits over the slam panel and secondly to get air flowing across the top of the engine to try and keep intake temperatures down while on the move.

Pretty lame reasons I grant you but the day I got the car painted for charity I was in such a rush to get out onto the track before the day ended I forgot to close the bonnet pins, meaning the only thing holding the bonnet was the first catch. 5 laps of driving it like I stole it later the bonnet never stirred from that position, I can only assume the reason for this had something to do with the position that the bonnet now sits in. Or it could've been blind luck. Either way my windscreen was still intact going home.

The same could not be said for a Honda Civic at the same track day.