The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forum owned track supras, register and chat thread.

dr_jekyll

I have several good used 2JZ-GTE water pumps if they will fit the 1JZ?

I think the 2JZ-GTE pumps fit some of the 1JZs Chris, but I'm not sure if I fall into that catagory. In an ideal world the pumps themselves are interchangeable and it's just the housings that differ.

I'll see what tomorrow brings with the pump I have but I'll be in touch if it looks doubtful.

Thank you.

I'm hoping to make it to one in November myself.

It's never too wet or cold for a track day.

We had one in January last year. We were told to keep it at sane speeds until the frost on the track thawed! Slippy is not the word!

Use adverse weather conditions at a track day to really understand how a car reacts when grip and traction are severly hampered. Think of it as testing rather that racing. But it's all good.

I'm hoping to make it to one in November myself.

It's never too wet or cold for a track day.

We had one in January last year. We were told to keep it at sane speeds until the frost on the track thawed! Slippy is not the word!

Use adverse weather conditions at a track day to really understand how a car reacts when grip and traction are severly hampered. Think of it as testing rather that racing. But it's all good.

thats the attitude down here, llandow run a christmas trasck day on the 28th of december normally. first few laps are ploughing the circuit then the speed can build :)

I also found out my modified alternator is working fine.

The reason it's not charging is a wiring issue. The "IG" wire coming from the NA alternator plug loops in with a host of other functions on it's way to the big orange plug in the footwell. On the 1JZ loom its a seperate line leading to a pin on one of the grey plugs. This wire is not flagged for splicing or even named on the 1JZ pinout I used to do the wiring. Seeems a bit strange to me but if connecting it to the cabin side of the alternator "IG" wiring solves the problem then I guess its job done.

thats the attitude down here, llandow run a christmas trasck day on the 28th of december normally. first few laps are ploughing the circuit then the speed can build :)

If you get the splitter down low enough you'll be sent out first as the snow plough.:D

It should keep the intercoolier nicely chilled too!:cool:

well the seasons taken a premature end for me .

on the second lap of the moring parctise sesion my newly mapped engine decided it didnt want to live with my w58 anymore and blew it to bits . the torqu comes on realy strong and it was spinning in 3rd as soon as the tyres got warm and it griped... booom au revuior gearbox so im now a mear spectator as my willing pit crew load the car back up to be pu to bed for the rest of this year .

only question now is r154 or v160? :(

well the seasons taken a premature end for me .

on the second lap of the moring parctise sesion my newly mapped engine decided it didnt want to live with my w58 anymore and blew it to bits . the torqu comes on realy strong and it was spinning in 3rd as soon as the tyres got warm and it griped... booom au revuior gearbox so im now a mear spectator as my willing pit crew load the car back up to be pu to bed for the rest of this year .

only question now is r154 or v160? :(

gutted for you :( not had much luck.