The mkiv Supra Owners Club

60-130 mph webpage

TwinTurboM3

When I was young and we were bored in the holidays, we used to peg playing cards in the spokes of our bike wheels and belt round sounding (we thought) like we had motorbikes. My mates had Choppers but because my parents were c•nts I had a Chipper which was decidedly low rent in comparison, not even a fake gear stick to be seen. The we'd play headers and volleys for hours on end, then down the arcades to play Galaxian until night when we'd stroll round the fairground looking at the cheap slappers from Sheffield and Derby who were always on for a snog and a fumble under the Pier.

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the speed limit in this country is 70mph so it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. The traffic light grand prix is a lot more common occurrence than doing nearly double the speed limit.

:yeahthat:

The only advantage it really has is that it removes the standing start advantage that AWD cars have.

• 1 month later...
I think that 60-130mph time is very informative! That really tells how quick your car is in real life. 1/4mile tells nothing on the street performance and how often do you get to do WOT 1mile??

my new best with E36 M3 Euro Twin Turbo

100-200 kmh 3.84 s

60-130 mph 4.49 s

verified.....

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/55163-6speedonlines-official-60-130-1-4-mile-standing-mile-list-260.html

Wow I will keep this information in the storage next to my bed, right next to the empty wrappers and drinks cans .....

More importantly and what most people will care about is pictures of your car and the specs list. I await your reply

That's a sh1tty reply, no need for that, next time you put up any fact's about your car I'll remember to reply in the same demeaning way.

In fact, all your responses in this thread have not been nice towards the OP, he was only just trying to put something together to compare 60-130 times, which IS more relevent to a lot of people as I assume those 1/4mile figures would be kinda pointless when your sat on the motorway or a track with a large straight in a car with a short ratio box that tops at 120, it might be good on the 1/4, but completely useless in a lot of situations.

A stock Nissan GT-R does 60-130 mph in 3.85 secs for comparisons sake.

Based on that it seems a very respectable time.

Would be interested to see what JamieP's car does this in. I would have thought it would be similar. It's a tough time to beat from what I can see on the net.

What's you M3 spec? Bhp and torque. Do you have a dyno plot?

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

That's a sh1tty reply, no need for that, next time you put up any fact's about your car I'll remember to reply in the same demeaning way.

In fact, all your responses in this thread have not been nice towards the OP, he was only just trying to put something together to compare 60-130 times, which IS more relevent to a lot of people as I assume those 1/4mile figures would be kinda pointless when your sat on the motorway or a track with a large straight in a car with a short ratio box that tops at 120, it might be good on the 1/4, but completely useless in a lot of situations.

:clap::clap::clap: Well said. I thought it was just me that thought there was some unnecessary abuse going on here.

If you're not interested, don't log onto the site...

Damn you! beat me too it :D

As Marc said have some respect, also if you clicked on the link he provided you would have seen pictures of his car. Including quite a nice tasty brake set up he has. Although he may own a BMW, it is still a pretty quick one.

I was referring to the comment he made above, it only really shows how much torque the car has with in gear acceleration. It has nothing to do with driver ability unless you are are retard at changing gear, if this is true you shouldn't be behind a wheel. It doesn't test traction as if you are having traction issues at 60 then you have a crap tyre / suspension setup.

With regards to this comment, you should try to tell JamieP his geo is off when his breaking traction at 100mph, let alone 60mph.