The mkiv Supra Owners Club

60-130 mph webpage

TwinTurboM3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me exactly what driving discipline the 60-130mph time is relevant to? Surely in drag racing the 60ft time is far more important? I can see why it would be popular in Germany, or the huge road racing scene in the US, but fail to see exactly what it proves here in the UK?

The only thing I can see this site doing is encouraging people to go almost twice the speed limit on UK roads, as let's face it, the majority of people won't be doing this on the track.

I'm not trying to have a go, I'd just really like to know the OPs reasons behind his chosen peramiters and what his website sets out to achieve.

Im guessing the OP is either American or German?

Can someone explain to me exactly what driving discipline the 60-130mph time is relevant to? Surely in drag racing the 60ft time is far more important? I can see why it would be popular in Germany, or the huge road racing scene in the US, but fail to see exactly what it proves here in the UK?

The only thing I can see this site doing is encouraging people to go almost twice the speed limit on UK roads, as let's face it, the majority of people won't be doing this on the track.

I'm not trying to have a go, I'd just really like to know the OPs reasons behind his chosen peramiters and what his website sets out to achieve.

Im guessing the OP is either American or German?

Highway rolls, put 60-130 in youtube and there is lots of videos.

Twinturbom3 don't live in the uk.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Highway rolls, put 60-130 in youtube and there is lots of videos.

Twinturbom3 don't live in the uk.

I thought as much, I'm yet to see a TT m3 over here :D

I'm not going to judge people doing highway rolls over here, I've done it myself a fair few times.

There just isn't the same following for it over here, which makes me question it's relevance. TBH I don't think it's something that wants to be encouraged in the competitive sense in the uk, due to many people with fast cars (not Supras imparticular) who skimp on good tyres.

In Europe, its quite common to compare 70-160 Kph. If you look at a bit older tests of perfomance cars in EU, then you will see this infomation.

Its good measure, since it tells how fast the car is, and not how good you are to get off the line and to get traction ect. This test is all about the car it self, and then of cause 1 or 2 gear changes, depending on what car.

A stock Nissan GT-R does 60-130 mph in 3.85 secs for comparisons sake.

Based on that it seems a very respectable time.

Would be interested to see what JamieP's car does this in. I would have thought it would be similar. It's a tough time to beat from what I can see on the net.

What's you M3 spec? Bhp and torque. Do you have a dyno plot?

lol your miles out with the gtr buddy 3.85 seconds lol

stock r35 gtr 60 - 130 mph takes 10 seconds.

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

Nice result scoooby-slayer.

Any video?

not of anything spectacular just a little blip when i first bought it

my god the sound of a hks t51 spl bb is to die for imo :)

to put it in perspective i can do 60 - 120 mph in 5.56 seconds with 2 gearchanges, if i started in 3rd at 55 mph and knocked out a gearchange id be doing it in 5 seconds flat which is veyron fast see here

http://wzeu.search-results.com/r?t=p&d=apn&s=zuk&c=a&l=dis&o=15634&sv=0a652943&ip=568e6942&id=228CE3A790C1BBBFD4ADD520DDCDF360&q=60+-+120+mph&p=1&qs=121&ac=24&g=3a1bm1Mg%a%6pi&wz_cu=0&en=gs&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=a001&bc=&br=&tp=d&ec=1&pt=Performance%20Statistics%3A%2060-120%20mph&ex=&url=&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.car-videos.net%2Fperformance%2Fspeed.asp%3FSpeed1%3D60%26Speed2%3D120