Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wanted to do this instead I ended up putting mine in my rear seat LOL will have to update my thread with it.

Looks good mate.

Really my original plan was to put it in my rear seat. I want to sink it into the centre of the upper bench. Therefore creating an OEM look. You have any pictures of yours?

Yes I wanted to do that originally but the sub I have is 10" which is too wide for it. The only reason I started this project is I replaced the rear upper seats as there was a tear but I didnt want to throw it away, thought I would have a go at making a seat sub, anyway it turned out good and sounds better than I thought. I just need to cover the tear or get it repaired.

few pics below...

Ill update my project thread with how I went about making it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196359&stc=1&d=1421788700

attachment.php?attachmentid=196357&stc=1&d=1421788700

attachment.php?attachmentid=196358&stc=1&d=1421788700

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8468.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

Ok so new battery earth is on order, and have ordered some fibreglass matting and polyester resin. For the sub box.

Done some more on it, ignore the coffee stain on the old sheet. lol Looks a little rough but once done I'm confident it should look good.

Also got a spare clock so removed the brown fitter and cut some clear plastic for it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196460&stc=1&d=1422183669

attachment.php?attachmentid=196461&stc=1&d=1422183669

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

Jake, I hate to tell you this, but it looks like you have an infestation at your place, there's a black, brown, white piggy thing running around in the background of you pictures. Cute.

Looks like your v busy, hope it works out ok.

lol Its a fake thing as I wouldn't allow grace to buy a real one. I stand by that our 14 current pets are enough lol.

Pics of the new battery housing

attachment.php?attachmentid=196522&stc=1&d=1422299891

20150124_171630.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Ok so spending now needs to slow to a minimum, need to focus on fitting what I have and move on some parts I have been accumulating.

HOWEVER this little beauty popped up and couldn't say no. :innocent: So need to buy a new Panel filter, service items, (oil filter etc etc) Exhaust, 1st decat. And thats it I think. But this will hold off for a few weeks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196605&stc=1&d=1422465118

attachment.php?attachmentid=196606&stc=1&d=1422465118

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

Ill be very interested to see what sort of a difference you feel with this fitted. I almost bought one myself then thought it wasn't worth it as I'm going to put a TT in.

Me too mate, will have to see if it makes any difference at all. Some people say they are a waste of money and don't do a great deal, others who i have spoke to who actually own these say they feel a noticeable difference even if minimal.

I was the same Regarding TT but realistically I have more pressing things, so I'm going to be putting off the Turbo route again for at least 12 months. Money is more useful elsewhere so needs must. However going to continue with it in NA form and maybe slap it on a dyno at some point in the year. If I could see more than the standard 220 at her age I would be very happy.

Have you done anything with your exhaust manifold, or is it stock.

Stock currently, just have a cat back. However a new exhaust is in the pipe line. Im still waiting for the wifbitz manifold but it never seems to appear. I have been looking for a few years for a good quality na manifold that doesnt sound raspy.

The sub box is now in the shed with a coat of polyester resin on it to lay down a bit of a surface ready for fibreglass. Keeping the fingers crossed it goes ok as I have never done anything like this before.

If it doesnt go as planned I shall be scrapping the Idea.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

So the clock has now had the brown filter removed and a clear lens put in its place, I wasn't happy with the surrounding part of the clock display being on show so blanked it out with some black electrical tape.

Also couple of layers of fibreglass put down on the sub box, waiting for it to harden now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196626&stc=1&d=1422540977

attachment.php?attachmentid=196627&stc=1&d=1422540977

attachment.php?attachmentid=196628&stc=1&d=1422540977

attachment.php?attachmentid=196629&stc=1&d=1422540977

attachment.php?attachmentid=196630&stc=1&d=1422540977

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg