The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eurotrip 2011/ Dragonball 2011

supraturbochris

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are an equal opportunity club, doesnt matter how small and puny the car it can have a go at the front. Has to be said it certainly wasnt slow and I like to see other cars at these events, but usually somewhere near the back ;)

Well in that case, maybe I should of brought my Vecra along then ;)

Missed 2 people of the thank you list.

Ellis for doing a first class logo for the event. We stuck it everywhere we could on the cars.

And a thank you to Rob for sorting out the stickers (cheque is in the post if you pop me across your home address on a PM). The static cling ones worked pretty well, one blew off the rear of my car, but the other stuck there. And the large stick back ones looked great, so thanks fo those who fitted them, let me know how well they come off...

Home safe, had a fantastic weekend great cars and company .

Massive thanks to Branners, Scott, Abz, Steve, Chris for organising Dragonba11, taking time out to do photos and videos.

Hope all got home safe , and realy hope there will be a Dragonball 12 .

Bring on the pics and vids :)

we are an equal opportunity club, doesnt matter how small and puny the car it can have a go at the front. Has to be said it certainly wasnt slow and I like to see other cars at these events, but usually somewhere near the back ;)

Nice to know as the TRD got a puncture last week and we nearly had to bring my VXR :D

Does anyone else get the feeling of naughtiness when overtaking Branners? We felt like kids miss behaving at school and when you saw him in the outside lane you knew you had to start to behave :D

On the way to Calais for the Eurotunnel you all kept hanging back and trying to sneak up on me, wasnt sure what was going on.

Next time I will be completely clear that people can race past me, if theres a junction in less than 3km I will flash them, otherwise they can race all they want and just need to slow down enough (like 50mph) so I can get past and take the front again.

It was all fairly new for me, I have not run a convoy for around 5 years, Lui does them all now.

I think your Vectra may have struggled a touch today, I dont know how the Clio kept up with some of the speeds we hit between the roundabouts.

Yes haha most probably Branners...but, my Vectra is a turbo :D ;)

Yeah, I've got to admit, that Clio was pretty nippy...or it was just driver skill ;)

Haha that was funny Abz when you went knocking on the doors :D

You were all in trouble with the wives while I had no limits ;)

You see, I am a smart man, I took the hotel room keys and when I rolled in the wife asked what time it was, I said it is err 12:30am darling and she nodded back to sleep. :D

And for that you get another :spank:

I really hope you got both police footages! My wife thought she was going to get arrested! :D

easy!!!! mr branners :) my mr2 did well to keep up with you tt boys lol :)

Thought I did pretty well with my Type R.... in the twisties! :eyebrows:

A huge thanks to all involved, for making such a great weekend, me and DodgyJen had a great weekend and was well worth the effort to get my Supra there

Next up is get the car striped and back together for Japfest next weekend:blink:

All I can say to everyone that didn't attend is you missed an epic event, I still can't believe how many French people where coming out of there house to take photo's and wave and cheer.........................it was crazy, but great

Would love to think we can find a way to come next year

I especially enjoyed today, when Branners and Dr.Jeykl brought the Dual Carraigeway to a virtual stop so the mile of brand new tarmac was clear for the 10 car drag race and I didn't get told of by Jen for going in 100mph plus area:innocent:

Also today's classic was Fearless doing the rolling burnout straight toward the Policia that had just turned up, absolute classic:D

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Nice to know as the TRD got a puncture last week and we nearly had to bring my VXR :D

Does anyone else get the feeling of naughtiness when overtaking Branners? We felt like kids miss behaving at school and when you saw him in the outside lane you knew you had to start to behave :D

I think we all felt like that! :D

I overtook him a few times to get some video footage and was hoping he wouldn't BAN me!

Though I have to say, well done to the people who played to the camera on my car.

Also well done to Ellis and Rob (TRD) for some butt clenching fly by's near the camera!

Not forgetting Craig (Dr Jekyell), who nearly took me out! Was quality though! Hope you got it all Scott!

:D

reminds me , ill be taking a trip to london soon , thers a typr r i need to finish off

You nearly finished off your car doing them doughnuts! Crazy man! Was amazing though, wish we got it all on cam! :(

Finally home, showered and retired on the couch. Just showed the gf the videos and pics she missed of what was prob one of the best weekend's i've ever had. The whole weekend was fantastic, start to finish (especially hitting 165 past Branners chasing after Craig :D), and Steve going for a burnout just as the Rozzers turned up, leaving us having to make a "Fast and the Furious" getaway. Big thanks to everyone who organised this for us, you all did a top job keeping us all entertained and somewhat under control. Bit guttered i accidently got on the wrong Train as i didnt spot the turning for the services, but i still got to convoy with the lads at the other end so it was all good. Hope we do another one next year, a Holland one would be great, i love the dutch, unlike the Frenchies haha.

DISARMED !

did you not get any of my doughnuts :(. my car was as good as finished before we started. but shes a soldier
You were one of the first peope in the car park! We was trying to get in, the missus then legged it out and got some (30 secs or so).

:)

Well,

After picking up the kids we are finally sat at home with all our stuff all over the place. That was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time..!!:)

I met a lot of people and made some new friends, we are sorry that we didn't really get around to everybody but I was struggling to remember names as it was. Big thanks to the people who had a hand in organising things as everything went as smoothly as it could. Trying to get 20+ cars in convoy around a foreign country at a weekend was never going to be easy. My car has done 852 miles round trip which is 50% of what it had done in the 6 months I have owned it....:blink::D

I realised as we were heading back to the Tunnel that my face was hurting and I can only put it down to grinning so much while we were in convoy, some great group spirit and teamwork to try and keep everyone together.

Glad everyone got home ok and can't wait for our next get together.

H.

Got back to Wigan just before 9pm, but have just hit home after picking up the 'Little Hs'. I'm shattered, but Paul and I are both in agreement that this has been the best event we've been on yet. HUGE thank you to all involved in planning and co-ordinating :salute:

It's already been said but really looking forward to more pics and video!

Well I'm finally home and had a fantastic weekend, great people, great atmosphere, just pure fun from start to finish..........however, a few points:

Firstly, which ar5e changed my sat nav to some bizarre foreign audio?:D

Secondy, Dan has stolen my Sunglasses(so :p, I did get something stolen in France again:d)

Thirdly, I've stolen somebodies walkie talkie, who's is it?

Forthly, I'm now starting on the leftover beers:d

Sorry for the late post, considering I am one of the first to arrive home, I have no excuse - did I mention Beans!! Like everyone else I would like to say a BIG thanks to Chris for coming up with the suggestion, Abz for booking a great hotel, Steve for all his pre-planning and Branners for keeping us under control and trying to keep us to some kind of timings ;)

Being fairly new to the forum, I did not realise you were not allowed to overtake Branners but then never managed to get to the front of the convoy to busy showing my new co-pilot what he has been missing :eyebrows:. Sorry nearly forgot to say a big thanks to Siliverscoop (my new co-pilot) for getting us lost on nearly all the trips over the last 3 days. But on a plus side thoroughly enjoyed the cross country routes, esp the overtaking of that combine harvester :innocent:

I had a amazing time and was great catching up with everyone and finally seeing Rihannas stalker in the flesh :cool: Will be counting down the days to the next one but minus the Marshmallows :badidea:

Epic weekend big thanks to everybody

There is a thread in the multimedia with pics in

got home 8.30 def going to be another, i dont mind doing the convoy like i did today keeping everybody together and finding a nice big empty carpark for the drift guys, how quick did all the locals turn up !