The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eurotrip 2011/ Dragonball 2011

supraturbochris

Keep us updated Jeff!

You are too nice a guy for this to happen to you!

I hope it is something simple & easy, she is such a lovely Supra :)

yes matey, like abz said keep us up to date on the supra jeff, hope its nothing serious :(

Will do fellas :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife wants to say she also loved it, although she isnt realy into cars she loves it when people look at mine in trafic. She loved the convoys and the people coming out of houses, waving from passing cars, and said it was the most amazing thing like this she has ever been involved in. And wants to go again!

I also have to appologise a little as we were both a bit antisocial, jetlagged and grumpy at times :p. Next time we will organise our holidays a little better!

england sucks :(

Aint that the truth!! Not enjoying being back at all - come on 2012, get here so we can go back!!

Telling me, not a productive day at all. Missus text me this morning saying lets all go back next weekend! :D

Anyone else notice how bumpy the roads were when we got back in England?

Well where to start... To be honest i have no idea.

What an epic weekend from start to finish. The moment we left Yorkshire on Thursday afternoon till the moment i walked in my front door on Sunday at 9:58pm, it really was a cracking weekend.

Ive had many reserves about the Jap scene and selected idiots but the Supra boys and girls are a different story ive found, in 4 days you welcomed in a real outsider, not only a non jap boy, but a slightly crazy Yorkshire man lol I tried to be on the low for at least the first night and work out who people were etc but once Friday started you some how managed to tollerate me and my crazy ways.

Anyways over the weekend i shot several photos well 889 to be exact ive started to edit these and will add a few teasers on the forum, the rest will be sent onto Banzai magazine. Thanks for everyone who put up with my style of shooting, i can be very blunt but i do it to try get the best results. All in good heart though :respekt:

Ill be down Nr Ace Cafe next sunday shooting Rob's TRD in the morning if anyone is about and fancies popping down.

Cheers again Mallo

How much did you lot spend on average so I know how much I need to save up for the whole weekend? :)

With your MPG you'll only need a tenner for petrol!! ;)

From memory:

Eurotunnel about £76

Hotel for 2 nights about £113

Petrol about £200

Food and drink about £120

So about £500 all in!

With your MPG you'll only need a tenner for petrol!! ;)

From memory:

Eurotunnel about £76

Hotel for 2 nights about £113

Petrol about £200

Food and drink about £120

So about £500 all in!

Naughty bugger :p

That's not that much at all. At least if I come on the next one it'll give me (and you lot) a break from posting :D

I'd like to come to the next one as it looked like a really fun weekend.

How much did you lot spend on average so I know how much I need to save up for the whole weekend? :)

We totted up this morning that we had gone through over £650.00. This broke down as £75.00 Chunnel, £112.50 For the Hotel In France, £40 for the Travelodge in Ashford, Fuel was £80 at the start with a full tank, then we put £69.00 at Ashford after doing 280 miles there, we then put £50 in in France to top up and then a further £43.00 back in Ashford to give us a full tank home. I still have 1/3 left so you could deduct that from the costs.

We spent around 200 Euros while we were there eating and drinking but in fairness we did get ripped of for about 30 Euros by drinking in the hotel bar at 7 Euros a pint.

It also depends on where you live as to how much it will cost you. I reckon you could get change out of £500 if you were sensible enough.

H.

EDIT. Also that was for a couple so if you were on your own then you may save 100 Euros if you were on your own.

Edited by Havard
After thought (see edit history)

Quick one for the mods - what about putting the Photos Thread into Supra Chat as Mallo (the photgrapher) who's not a member can't view them which, considering his invaluable contribution to the weekend, seems a little unfair!

What about it?!!

You see, I am a smart man, I took the hotel room keys and when I rolled in the wife asked what time it was, I said it is err 12:30am darling and she nodded back to sleep. :D

I really hope you got both police footages! My wife thought she was going to get arrested! :D

Thought I did pretty well with my Type R.... in the twisties! :eyebrows:

Ahh yes...devious, cunning..I like it :D

Sorry for the late post, considering I am one of the first to arrive home, I have no excuse - did I mention Beans!! Like everyone else I would like to say a BIG thanks to Chris for coming up with the suggestion, Abz for booking a great hotel, Steve for all his pre-planning and Branners for keeping us under control and trying to keep us to some kind of timings ;)

Being fairly new to the forum, I did not realise you were not allowed to overtake Branners but then never managed to get to the front of the convoy to busy showing my new co-pilot what he has been missing :eyebrows:. Sorry nearly forgot to say a big thanks to Siliverscoop (my new co-pilot) for getting us lost on nearly all the trips over the last 3 days. But on a plus side thoroughly enjoyed the cross country routes, esp the overtaking of that combine harvester :innocent:

I had a amazing time and was great catching up with everyone and finally seeing Rihannas stalker in the flesh :cool: Will be counting down the days to the next one but minus the Marshmallows :badidea:

Haha get you lost :D

I thought I did very well as your co-pilot...most of the time ;)

Oh yes and thanks for the marshmallow handshake!!! Took me ages to get that off lol :p

aparently there was some troly racing :innocent:

Yes it's true...and I was your passenger at one point :D

I think it was a revenge attack from the coach party

It's funny as we were all blaming everyone else for who did it and I think the same as you Scott...it was the OAP's!!