The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where i can get the Blitz rad cap sticker replicated in black ??? or is there a different rad cap which will fit the bill?

Lee has changed the plenum badge to a 'SRD' black badge now.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=167099&stc=1&d=1365365835

WOW! Im not sure on your question regarding rad cap mate but that engine looks incredible! Loving them heat shields and the rad pipe :thumbs:

Well im pretty excited. Ryan and Lee are going out Road mapping in mine today. If all goes smoothly the car will be ready for me anytime from tomorrow onwards.

Ryan is sorting my cold start out as its not been the best lately. Ill need to book a power run on the hub dyno with Ryan but atleast ill be able to blast around for a little while due to the road mapping.

Lee might pop some start-up videos and couple pics up later tonight, if he gets time. Bit nervous now!

Well im pretty excited. Ryan and Lee are going out Road mapping in mine today. If all goes smoothly the car will be ready for me anytime from tomorrow onwards.

Ryan is sorting my cold start out as its not been the best lately. Ill need to book a power run on the hub dyno with Ryan but atleast ill be able to blast around for a little while due to the road mapping.

Lee might pop some start-up videos and couple pics up later tonight, if he gets time. Bit nervous now!

Good stuff mate keep us updated and good luck!

the only thing you have to be nervous about is blowing ther box, good luck with it all and hope that the box does you for this years shows

Box aint going to be a problem, especially the way Ryan maps them. Plus we all know the score and also know the way i drive (im not a loony like jamie lol). Im sure Lee will give it some stick today.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

the problem with on the road mapping is that you dont know what power or torque it will be , im sure Ryan will pull some extra timing with gear changes and what not but still its alot of guess work, but as you say if your not raping it everywhere then you should be good, SRD auto box next year i hope and not selling up :D

the problem with on the road mapping is that you dont know what power or torque it will be , im sure Ryan will pull some extra timing with gear changes and what not but still its alot of guess work, but as you say if your not raping it everywhere then you should be good, SRD auto box next year i hope and not selling up :D

yeah Lee knows im going built box end of the year BUT i want to still run safe power for this years shows, you are correct in what your saying but i dont intend on flooring it alot till i have a power run done.

Well Lee phoned me and he is impressed with how the car runs. Ryan and Lee did break down whilst mapping and this was because a cam sensor failed, so Lee popped a new one in. perfect. Lee thinks the car is well into the 600's and thinks i could achieve 700bhp with headwork on stock box :).

We went into this build a bit blind with regards to how the big twins would run on a autobox and my current spec but having the forged bottom end has helped alot. We thought it would be laggy but Lee thinks its not that far behind his old car and mines hitting FULL boost at 5k :eyebrows:... bit laggy compared to super spooling S362 but the drive will be better now.

He said its mega loud with the boostlogic :eyebrows: which is good news in my book lmao.

Cant wait to drive the car now. Will need to get booked in for power runs at SRR.

Lee might pop along and shed some more light on todays mapping and i think he has a running vid for me to look at and hear :)

Well Lee phoned me and he is impressed with how the car runs. Ryan and Lee did break down whilst mapping and this was because a cam sensor failed, so Lee popped a new one in. perfect. Lee thinks the car is well into the 600's and thinks i could achieve 700bhp with headwork on stock box :).

We went into this build a bit blind with regards to how the big twins would run on a autobox and my current spec but having the forged bottom end has helped alot. We thought it would be laggy but Lee thinks its not that far behind his old car and mines hitting FULL boost at 5k :eyebrows:... bit laggy compared to super spooling S362 but the drive will be better now.

He said its mega loud with the boostlogic :eyebrows: which is good news in my book lmao.

Cant wait to drive the car now.

Lee might pop along and shed some more light on todays mapping and i think he has a running vid for me to look at and hear :)

700bhp through a stock box :eek:

Mind you it the torque that kills the autoboxes. Did Lee mention what sort of torque he thinks it will produce.

Sounds like it was an interesting day :thumbs: