The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneek peek at the custom Idler pulley for the gold rush supra's 2013 build. Glad i waited and had the lips diamond cut in now, atleast my new pulley set all flows and matches.

Seems to be making love with Sunnys Idler.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=166464&stc=1&d=1364306636

Any updates from SRD yet, has work started.

Lets hope lee and the team posts some good pics up, cos all yours have been terrible recently lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing g this all built up. It sure is going to be totally origional.

Any updates from SRD yet, has work started.

Lets hope lee and the team posts some good pics up, cos all yours have been terrible recently lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing g this all built up. It sure is going to be totally origional.

I think Lee is starting soon fingers crossed but i know his days are a muddle at the moment with the new arrival baby Jake. Yeah he said he will take pics lol thank god!..

Cheers John, nice to build something a bit different from the rest but as you know it costs a fortune to do so.

Any news?

Lee text me today and said he is starting this week. Bit excited now if I'm honest, really can't wait for the shows.

I'm going to run the twins on my setup I have at the moment but upgrade the fpr as I'm on stock still. I know I need head work, built box, and prob a better intercooler and fuelling to really go savage with the power. I hope to get in the 600's for now.

Got a few things to iron out too, got a annoying water leak but I think that's the top hose which is weeping, also one of my fans has packed up. I am so fussy but jobs like this need to be sorted as I can't stand it lol.

Car is in the safest hands though! And I wouldnt trust no one else with my supra.

Looking forward to seeing\hearing this once finished. Should be insane, I love a big twin setup!!

Me too! i think it will be one of the first big twins on boostlogic exhaust? might be wrong though. I wont have the twin screamers (fighter jet) now either but Lee said the twin spool noise is rather tasty, so who needs I.C.E.

Lee and Ash have been very busy on mine today, real legends as im not the easiest of customers. Anyway, the new SRD aircon delete support bracket is fitted and i got them to freshen the power steering pump bracket up with some black paint. The turbo manifolds are bolted on, housings have already been zircotec coated which is a bonus. The manifolds themselve have been zircotec coated, then wrapped....

Lee and Ash have already started doing extra bits, just so they are happy with the end result too! now thats proper service. Really is a top service from the start. I can already notice some nuts and bolts which lee has changed and they look better and finish things off nice.

The pulleys are going on and once in the bay these are going to look knockout, especially against the engine caps and hose finishers, which are all anodised the same gold! breaks the bay up and makes it interesting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=166865&stc=1&d=1365007383

attachment.php?attachmentid=166866&stc=1&d=1365007383

attachment.php?attachmentid=166867&stc=1&d=1365007383

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

Looking good Rob. Always loved the look of twins under the bonnet.

Out of interest is that Air con bracket custom made?

No I don't think it's custom, I'm sure lee sells them but may be wrong. Looks far far better than the front of an aircon pump... That drove me mad as it looks tacky