The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just found out that I can't get at the workshop until Thursday, so it looks like you'll have to wait till Japshow 30th Sept for one of those. :shrug:

Today I swapped the rear 275 40 Continentals for 285 40 Michelin Sport, it rides a lot better on them and looks trendy too. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=154053&d=1341099631

attachment.php?attachmentid=154050&d=1341099631

attachment.php?attachmentid=154051&d=1341099631

clean 006.JPG

clean 012.JPG

clean 009.JPG

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Just waiting for the 30amp circuit breakers to arrive then I can fire up the HHO. :)

Sorry David, I haven't read all the details but did you use flashback arresters or bubblers? You're going to be producing some serious quantities of gas and you must prevent the hydrogen from accumulating in the manifold before startup.

Is it timed to kick in once the engine is running and shut down/vent at lower rev's?

We don't want your shiny new blower blowing if it fills up with combustibles. :)

I filled the HHO system with electrolyte ready for a plug&play start when the circuit-breakers arrive and found that the Generators leak like a sieve. :(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=154514&d=1341913646

They haven't just bolted them together and sealed the edges? If they won't refund, spread some Gripfill around them when they're drained & dried. Give it a day and try again. Unless you've missed a bit, problem solved, permanently.

Infact, all they've done is used rubber gaskets by the looks of it and left the plastic film on one side!

You should be able to re-stack them with decent silicone sealant.

Edit; I guess they intend them to be cleanable, so are relying on pressure alone to seal them. Still, a smear of RTV or something should sort it.

Edited by Morpheus
Just remembered something (see edit history)

Just scrap them and get the supercharger up and running properly already :D

Busy with supercharger things too, but nothing pic worthy.

I have prepared a drawing and ordered a new larger aluminium top idler-pulley from CDF.

This new pulley will give the supercharger pulley more belt wrap and look trendy too.

I have also redesigned the PAS support bracket and tomorrow will get this job moving.

The supercharger drive-train is my priority and my new designs have been commissioned. :salute:

The new larger top idler-pulley is being made by CDF. (7 days?)

The top-idler bracket is with local Engineers for bearing-mount alterations. (Monday?)

The top-section of new PAS support-bracket is with local Engineer for bearing-mount alterations. (Monday?)

Two x 10mm rose-jointed turn-buckles ordered. (Tomorrow?)

Whilst I am waiting for these components, I can play with my snake oil.

What a day!

This morning I caught a Pikey red-handed stealing from my back yard, a battery a pair of springs and an anti-roll bar, it was the same thieving vagina I caught stealing at my former address.

Best not post the consequences, other than to say I kept the promise I made him previously.

I then spent the day trying to strip the paint from a bonnet using double strength Nitromors, yet for what use this product is, I might as well have urinated on it.

I vote this stuff Useless Product of the Year.

Then returned home to find a slip through the door informing me that the Revenue and Post Office want £11.92 for the two 30amp circuit breakers that cost a total of £6.42.

The Post Office numpties will be glad of their bullet proof screen tomorrow morning.

What a day!

This morning I caught a Pikey red-handed stealing from my back yard, a battery a pair of springs and an anti-roll bar, it was the same thieving vagina I caught stealing at my former address.

Best not post the consequences, other than to say I kept the promise I made him previously.

I then spent the day trying to strip the paint from a bonnet using double strength Nitromors, yet for what use this product is, I might as well have urinated on it.

Then returned home to find a slip through the door informing me that the Revenue and Post Office want £11.92 for the two 30amp circuit breakers that cost a total of £6.42.

The Post Office numpties will be glad of their bullet proof screen tomorrow morning.

Sounds like an eventful day!! :D

Was nice to finally have met you David, looking forward to when this comes alive!

What a day!

I love Pikeys actually. :)

They provide a valuable service to the general public (apart from 'collecting' scrap metal, ahem.....) because they're the one minority group that it's still ok to hate without feeling guilty. It's probably still legal to shoot them on sight without fear of prosecution. Even the police, infact, especially the police hate them.

David you should write a book one you have done your sc conversion "A day in the life of David P"

im glad you kept your promise and im sure the picky will respect that he had a fair warning and got what he deserved.

thats the funny thing with picky's they do respect a beating :blink:

...I then spent the day trying to strip the paint from a bonnet using double strength Nitromors, yet for what use this product is, I might as well have urinated on it...
IIRC, new EU environmental rules forced the removal of the more effective chemicals from the Nitromors formula (and every other paint stripper, presumably).