The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of having the text below or something similar engraved onto the top of the charge-cooler, does anyone have 'Supra' font?

2JZA80-GZE HHO H20/CH30H M-A343/0E A02B

Eaton M112 Air-to-Water Charge-Cooled

Designed & Built by David Payne

The guys linked below should be able to help David, if no-one else can. I just found them, looking at a milling machine they're selling on eBay. They make a billet aluminium iPhone 4 case with custom engraving on the back and have the Supra logo on their GTE spark plug cover so might have the whole alphabet, (if it even exists).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-supra-anodised-spark-plug-billet-engine-cover-/370574291873?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5647f2f3a1

Thanks Morph, but in retrospect, I don't think Supra script would be the right choice.

I started on the electrickery nest today and removed the w/m wiring I had previously installed for front pump fitting, but now the ERL pump has been moved to the rear.

I had made a really 'good' job, it was all inside the OE loom sheathing which I had re-taped and cable tied akimbo, it took ages to retrieve it and I managed to fit the booster pump in-line before rain stopped play.

There was one little inside job, persuading a T.T. cam belt cover to be N/A friendly, I was almost disappointed it only took 2 swipes of the angle grinder and a rub with the file.

When fitting it I noticed the modified cam cover is leaking oil, it's weeping through the casting in several places, some nowhere near any welding, the casting is like a Wispa Bar and polishing it has broken the skin. The next time I work on the engine I will steam clean the inside and coat it with liquid metal.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153458&d=1339787554

attachment.php?attachmentid=153459&d=1339787554

sc92 002.JPG

sc92 004.JPG

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Now David, what does 5 litres of water weigh? Right, 5 kilos. In a 5g accident what do you think those tie wraps are going to do about restraining a shock load of well over 25 kilos? What does it feel like to be struck with a fast moving 25 kilos on the back of the bonce? The "list" should have another line added.... :)

Now David, what does 5 litres of water weigh? Right, 5 kilos. In a 5g accident what do you think those tie wraps are going to do about restraining a shock load of well over 25 kilos? What does it feel like to be struck with a fast moving 25 kilos on the back of the bonce? The "list" should have another line added.... :)

That's where your wrong chris. He has used black super strong titanium weaved plastic carbon compound cable ties. I thought that was obvious :D

:think: I thought Pulse Width Modulators were an upgrade? ;)

Oh yes, definitely but I found that it didn't help to produce more gas, just reduced the power consumption and heat build up in the water, which is still very important. You'll probably need to have them turned up fully to maybe equal direct connection output but you will certainly save amps and heat dramatically from just the high frequency on/off switching, which, like I said, produces as near as damnit the same gas output as without using PWM's atall.

Yours are probably way better than my one though. My unit was made by a DIYer who copied the 'Stanley Meyer' circuit and built his own CNC mill to machine the extruded control box housings. All it does is vary amps, gate and frequency.

Have you tested the system yet? You can get some fantastic explosions out of plastic bottles with the top third cut off and taped back on and the careful introduction of a fag lighter into the equation! :scare:

By the way, I just found this video that I hadn't seen yet. Deals with PWM's for those who would like to know what they do.

Related videos are in the right thumbnail list, of course and are well worth watching. 'It Runs On Water', in particular.

Edited by Morpheus
Added vid link. (see edit history)

Waiting delivery of Potassium (KOH) and a pair of 30amp circuit breakers, but I could fuse the generators and run them without electrolyte.

Next time I can get at it, it will be up and running.

Not planning to use a water trap but haven't yet sorted out a flame trap? :think:

Looking forwards to games with it too. :)

At long last, I have found an Engineer who can actually engineer. RJ Sutton Engineers, Nassington. :)

He has re-cut the meeting faces of the adaptor and wheel, built up steel on the nose, then using a crank grinding machine has ground the journal in situ on the pump and pulley and it runs perfectly true. :yahoo:

Within 24hrs of asking too. :thumbs:

Thank you very much John.

I will fit this pump/pulley/adaptor as a unit and have another made up for a spare.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153738&d=1340384993

sc95 001.JPG

The pump with straight adaptor is fitted, nevertheless, now this component is functioning correctly, it has highlighted that the bracket is in need of an upgrade.

I have been hoping to be ready enough to run this at Suprapod and Dan has told me if I could get it to him by Tuesday 3rd July and leave it with him, there's a slim chance Cinderella could get to the Ball.

However, I can't get near the workshop until Monday 2nd, where there's more work than I can complete one day and the forecast is rain, rain and more rain, furthermore, if he couldn't find the time to set it up by the end of the week, it would then be 25th July before it could be done.

I can't risk not having a car for a month. :shrug: