Jays 1300kg Weight Thread

jevansio

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could of atleast tidied the rails up before fitting them. Paint doesnt weigh much you know :D

I'm waiting until I do the drivers side, once done I'll remove an extra bits that aren't needed (for instance, those bits at the front are far too high and there is a lot of wasted material), then I will spray the lot black :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got round to spraying the frames black, looks a lot better IMHO

attachment.php?attachmentid=119648&stc=1&d=1288456381

attachment.php?attachmentid=119649&stc=1&d=1288456381

I also decided to fit the TRD transmission mount & AP gearshift bushings. My gearshift was feeling a bit sloppy & I hoped this would help tighten things up.

Upon removing the cradle though I found the cause for my sloppy gearstick, the oem bushes had completely disintegrated and just fell out

attachment.php?attachmentid=119650&stc=1&d=1288456381

attachment.php?attachmentid=119651&stc=1&d=1288456381

The new solid AP should sort that right out.

Also as I was taking this out I took the opportunity to measure up a facelift gearstick against a prefacelift my good mate Hodge gave me :thumbs:. As expected the old one is shorter, so that's going back in when it all goes back together

attachment.php?attachmentid=119652&stc=1&d=1288456381

Overall the shifting feel should be massively improved :)

Img_5884.jpg

Img_5885.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

You should get them seat mounts copied, id buy a set off you.:cool:

Yeah they turned out well, saved 5kg over what I had previously which is good.

Don't think they're "copyable", they have no adustment so are pretty much setup for me, tey feel awesome though I love the on the floor seating position :D

Should start to see some weight loss progress this weekend. My lexan windows have arrived. Pretty confident still on losing a total of 40kg from the doors.

Also just snapped up Rob Sheffields Veilside Teardrop exhaust, not sure on what the savings over the HKS Ti are, hoping for 5kg, should give me a little extra clearance too :)

Cheers Dave, I've been umming & ahhhing over this exhaust since Rob decided to break, I knew it would net me some good weight loss, hopefull the 90mm piping won't be too much of a restriction :)

I doubt it will be,think I read some cars run big big power on a 3inch so should be fine

Nice exhaust, yeah id cut the 3" flange off to try and keep as free flowing as possible.

I dunno, the option of running a 74-76mm, 800bhp. After reading Jamies T6 thread I think I have been put off big bhp

Pussy:D

TBH even a 76 is a bit mad for the street, you will have to go to all the expense of wide body and wheels to get any decent traction, id like to see what a 7175 is like myself, should make 800bhp.

Nice exhaust, yeah id cut the 3" flange off to try and keep as free flowing as possible.

Pussy:D

TBH even a 76 is a bit mad for the street, you will have to go to all the expense of wide body and wheels to get any decent traction, id like to see what a 7175 is like myself, should make 800bhp.

Defo, no point going with the 3" connection,

That thread you started puts a lot of things into perspective bud

I started with the 1st door today. Boy are these a bitch to fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=122621&d=1289066006

1. The external weather strip has no where to bolt onto the new door. I think I'll end up sik-a-flexing it on.

2. Pretty sure the door mirrors won't bolt on. I think I'm going to take the opportunity and go with some lightweight ones. Gutted as I was hoping to retain a totally stock outside. Not sure if I will go with the carbon GT3/APR type ones, or something else. I'm open to suggestions

3. The 2 bump stops that the window glass hits when it's at the top have no provision to bolt on. I'm now sure how much of an issue this is, do they stop the window falling out the top, or are they just for fine tune of the window position when up?

4. The thing that stops the door swinging open on the stock door is proving a PITA to get out, that little metal rod just won't come out

5. Pretty much every hole that needed a plastic fitting pushing into was too small (I suppose it's better than being too big). I've got a small file now & will have to alter each of them

6. Unsure if I should remove/cut down that big metal plate with the 3 pink plastic fixings on. It's where the door card bolts to the door inside the grab handle, I guess without it the doorcard wouldn't pull the door very well when you close it.

7. The plates in the glass that the frame bolts to look like they need some sort of sst to remove. I'll have to make that tomorrow

On the plus side it is light as feck, the lock mechanisms went in perfect, the rubber seal also went on perfect.

All in all I am very pleased with them, they are taking a lot longer to fit than I imagined and with a geometry setup & tuning session in the next week or two I'm really going to be under pressure tomorrow to get the dor back into some sort of fitted state that will allow me to drive it (albeit without a wing mirror)

Img_5892.jpg

Do-luck mirrors are very nice mate, after a set myself.

Cheers mate, will check them out, I want something light (ie non powered/heated) but think the APR/GT3 style mirrors although light look slightly out of place on anything other than an all out track car (canards/ big wing etc)