jevansio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big thanks to Martin, got the weak hatch struts today, they are perfect for the lightweight hatch, it operates exactly like before now :)

One question for guys with a Lexan hatch, I noticed that if I have the door windows down at around the 100mph the window it wobbling in & out. I know you wouldn't usually do this but you can't stop someone winding the window down at speed without realising. I am thinking of bonding some strengthening strips to the insde to prevent it flexing too much, any other guys noticed this and did you do the same?

That pic on post 244 is mint, how has performance changed with the kgs lost, a big difference?

It's pretty crazy bud, I've lost the weight slowy and increased power at the same time so I don't know for sure how much of a difference it's made, I should just get 2 fat f**ks in the back and see :D

I took it to the weighbridge to get an update figure but it was closed, will try to get one this week

Took the BOV off today, basically to see what it sounded like, obviously low boost dumps were just the same (as my bov don't open at low boost), I wanted to hear what a 1.5BAR going back out the turbo sounded like, well it sounded pretty tame, just a quiet woosh. I going to leave it off anyway as it's all unnecessary weight and I want the car as inconspicuous as possible noise wise

I know three people that have removed/not had the BOV on big singles and all of them have suffered with split intercoolers, Chingy/myself/Paul wiffin, good luck mate:D

Oh, can you remember the details of yours (stuff like boost levels, location of fracture, type/age of intercooler).

I think I will hook my boost gauge upto the pre-throttle side of the pipework and see what sort of pressure it's seeing.

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Took it to get weighed today, 1320kg @ over 1/2 tank fuel, pretty much bang on what I calculated (1309kg @ 1/4 tank fuel). Goes in for MOT on Monday and to get the Borla 4" muffler welded into midpipe, I think that will only add a couple of kilos extra.

Also went for a run this afternoon with the windows down at around 160 leptons and the lexan wasn't happy, I'm going to put the glass back in

Took it to get weighed today, 1320kg @ over 1/2 tank fuel, pretty much bang on what I calculated (1309kg @ 1/4 tank fuel). Goes in for MOT on Monday and to get the Borla 4" muffler welded into midpipe, I think that will only add a couple of kilos extra.

Have you looked at the titanium system Paul had made for Steves car, quiet, light and helps with weight distribution ;)

Also went for a run this afternoon with the windows down at around 160 leptons and the lexan wasn't happy, I'm going to put the glass back in

Why would you have a window open above 100 leptons?

Have you looked at the titanium system Paul had made for Steves car, quiet, light and helps with weight distribution ;)

Why would you have a window open above 100 leptons?

I already got the Veilside Teardrop so not really interested in replacing it

I dunno, it was a hot afternoon, I was just cruising with the windows down, got the urge to give it a squeeze in 4th (and a bit of 5th), it's not been a problem before with full glass windows,