The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jays 1300kg Weight Thread

jevansio

once I hit 1300kg that's weight reduction done for me, after that I will be focusing on getting to around whatever power a 76mm turbo will get me, say 850bhp, then all my money will be spent on keeping the thing in petrol & tyres :D

Hehe ... you will end up putting weight in the boot to get traction Jay ;) :D

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
The stock hatch with glass is 25kg on it's own, with wiper mechanism, wiring and brake light it's 27kg. Hopefully Jay can verify. HTH :)

Lighter than i thought it would be tbh, still got to be a decent weight saving with going carbon/lexan.

What got me thinking was reading the weight Noel saved on his puma, huge savings.

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/Ford%20Puma.htm

Might go carbon tailgate myself.

How you getting on with this mate? you going carbon tailgate? do you know what the stock one with glass weighs?

Slowed right off bud, had gout for about 3 weeks, then the snow and cold is slowing me right down, don't even have the passenger carbon door on yet, then I'll be doing the veilside teardrop, then it's onto the hatch, if this cold weather keeps on it'll be Mar-Apr before I get onto it :(

Slowed right off bud, had gout for about 3 weeks, then the snow and cold is slowing me right down, don't even have the passenger carbon door on yet, then I'll be doing the veilside teardrop, then it's onto the hatch, if this cold weather keeps on it'll be Mar-Apr before I get onto it :(

Ouch, hope it gets better soon bud, think im going to do the doors and tailgate on mine now an all, may aswell go full carbon now i got the front and rear arches.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Got some motivation today so went and removed the HKS exhaust and fitted the Veilside. Weighed them both and they were 12kg & 4.5kg, so 7.5kg saving which is what I was expecting.

Have to say I love the smooth/curvyness of the VS under the car.

Also I chopped the restrictive 3" fitting off the VS. I've taken a section of 4" pipe, chopped a bit out and wrapped it around the 3.5" VS exhaust, then to go up to my 4" midpipe I bought a 4" reducer, I'm hoping this will cause as little restriction as possible. It all needs welding up and welding onto my midpipe. I'll cut slits in the other end so I can clamp it onto the exhaust

Thanks guys, yeah the car is pretty dirty, it helps add to the sleeper look though :D

Jay's also got a lovely black Supra!

Seriously, though, that motivation is well and truly back to get under the car in this weather! Nice work, chief.

Would you be supprised to hear I did it in shorts? :D

The exhaust is fitted and I've been out for a drive, it is quieter than the HKS at idle, but has a great tone on cruise (it's all I could do with the weather). Will try to get some driveby videos when the weather pics up.

Weight wise car is currently sitting at 1334kg, still got the passenger door, hatch & hood to do which should hit 1300kg on the nose

The exhaust is fitted and I've been out for a drive, it is quieter than the HKS at idle, but has a great tone on cruise (it's all I could do with the weather). Will try to get some driveby videos when the weather pics up.

Weight wise car is currently sitting at 1334kg, still got the passenger door, hatch & hood to do which should hit 1300kg on the nose

Do you own a weigh station or have you just totalled up all the weight loss and you know how much it is?

It's looking great mate :thumbs:

In for the vids (and more pics!) :)