The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jays 1300kg Weight Thread

jevansio

Right I've removed the rear crash bar, it & the bolts & the foam came to 8kg. So now I'm left with the dilema of the unprotected rear. I tried my front crash bar just to see what the fit was like, it went on like a glove on the original mount points. Yes I know it ain't as safe as the steel bar :p. Current weight 1360kg

attachment.php?attachmentid=118546&stc=1&d=1286621238

Img_5868.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1360 for now. Is that with the carbon doors already in?

What about the windows .. still glass?

No, full fat door & glass still in. They are going to be the next one hopefully this week if the lexan turns up. Hoping to save 40kg for the 2 doors which will put me at 1320kg :), easily on target to hit 1300kg :)

Looks like you are going to make the sub 1300kg easy mate, are you doing this as a track car?

Yeah, got my eyes set on 1280kg at the mo, depends how things go. Nope road car, granted it's a weekend toy & used mostly in the warmer months, but it'll spend most of it's moving time on the road not the track

Put 2.5kgs back on today :D, put the rear lower seat back in to put an OEM feeling back into the car since I'm going to bust the 1300 barrier. As much as my rear seat delete looked good, it didn't have that Toyota feel to it. On the plus side got some HKS 280's from Whiffin which I'll be fitting this weekend, hoping that will give me 750bhp when mapped and should open up the top end of the revs where I'm really struggling with the jspec exhaust cam :(

280 cams .. can you comment what idle will be like on your setup.

Thanks

Luc

It will be as smooth as a babies bottom :D, i actually don't know, I'm just going to install them straight up and see what it's like :)

Did you have a proper rear seat delete Jay?

Fancy selling it then ;)

EDIT: just checked your page and you have, interested if your wanting to sell :)

It pretty much consists of some foam & a piece of speaker material, I need the material as I have a small gap to fill where the upper seat will go, so i think you would be seriously underwhelmed with what my rear seat delete comprises of :D. You know I did a thread on it which shows exactly what I did? Will dig it out later for you bud

I fitted the HKS 280 cams today. The shim clearances were EXACTLY the same as both the HKS 264 & JSpec cams I took out.

Fired it up & to say it was lumpy would be an understatement :D. I'd been doing some research on SF on what to expect & what to do. I gave it a bit more fuel, and increased the idle revs (all of this going through a cold start which prolly isn't the best time to be tweaking as things are changing all the time).

Anyway once the car was warm & with some little changes to the map it was idling at 1050rpm and sounding pretty fierce. I took it for a short run out just to see what the cruise manners were like, it was a little juddery sometimes at low rpm, but on the whole it feels fantastic. It seems to LOVE revs.

Just need to get Ryan to give it a big once over as I think all areas of the map have been affected (coldstart, idle, cruise & WOT), but cannot wait to see what it pulls like top end when its done.

Will do a video for you tomorrow :)

I fitted the HKS 280 cams today. The shim clearances were EXACTLY the same as both the HKS 264 & JSpec cams I took out.

Fired it up & to say it was lumpy would be an understatement :D. I'd been doing some research on SF on what to expect & what to do. I gave it a bit more fuel, and increased the idle revs (all of this going through a cold start which prolly isn't the best time to be tweaking as things are changing all the time).

Anyway once the car was warm & with some little changes to the map it was idling at 1050rpm and sounding pretty fierce. I took it for a short run out just to see what the cruise manners were like, it was a little juddery sometimes at low rpm, but on the whole it feels fantastic. It seems to LOVE revs.

Just need to get Ryan to give it a big once over as I think all areas of the map have been affected (coldstart, idle, cruise & WOT), but cannot wait to see what it pulls like top end when its done.

Will do a video for you tomorrow :)

It'll be interesting to see the difference, bet its well rich at the moment isn't it?

It'll be interesting to see the difference, bet its well rich at the moment isn't it?

It feels amazing mate, I didn't want to give it too much, but I opened it up a bit and kept an eye on the AFR, yip it was down into 10.5 and that wasn't even WOT & full boost. It seriously needs a Ryan G lookover, but I'm over the moon with them. Was starting to get cold feet last night reading on SF that most people that ran them were 80mm+ & 1000rwhp, I thought they may be no good at all for me, but 1st impression is great.

280 cams .. can you comment what idle will be like on your setup.

Thanks

Luc

You went from 264 to the 280, right?

Would be interesting to see what you personally feel in terms of "additional" lag.

I went from 264 in/jspec ex to 280 in/ex.

Once it's all mapped up I'll let you know :) although my guts tells me it does feel a little lazy low down (under 3k rpm) but the map sure won't be doing it any favours at the mo

I went from 264 in/jspec ex to 280 in/ex.

Once it's all mapped up I'll let you know :) although my guts tells me it does feel a little lazy low down (under 3k rpm) but the map sure won't be doing it any favours at the mo

Good luck with the mapping Jay.

It will be interesting to see what comes out after Ryan's magic work :)

that sounds feckin awesome especially when you give it some throttle :cool:

Cheers mate, the camera does not do it justice though

mate sounds lovely, one of my favourites on here, but get a sponge on that filthy back end lol dont wax it though as im thinking about weight saving lol

Lol, yeah I guess I had better wash it, must be a couple of months now. I quite like the rough look though, makes people not in the know think it's just a knackered old jap car with a oud exhaust :D