Jays 1300kg Weight Thread

jevansio

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I also had my passenger seat subframe dropped to the floor, my good mate Paul Woods doing all the welding. Will get some pics of them tomorrow, but the seat position is great now, will be doing the same on the drivers. I lost 2.5kg too, so that'll be a total of 5kg gone when all is done :), this 1300kg is going to be easy :D

It feels amazing mate, I didn't want to give it too much, but I opened it up a bit and kept an eye on the AFR, yip it was down into 10.5 and that wasn't even WOT & full boost.

It'll run rich because you've got less air getting in (and staying in!) the cylinders at lower revs, so they have lost you power in those areas. I'd expect to see it go lean as it stands when at higher revs/boost, because you're getting more air into the cylinders than before. The AFR changes are the first indicator as to how the camshaft changes the power band :)

-Ian

It'll run rich because you've got less air getting in (and staying in!) the cylinders at lower revs, so they have lost you power in those areas. I'd expect to see it go lean as it stands when at higher revs/boost, because you're getting more air into the cylinders than before. The AFR changes are the first indicator as to how the camshaft changes the power band :)

-Ian

It was mega rich around the idle, i took a load of fuel out this morning to get it to idle better.

Sounds nice Jay. Are the cams non interference jay.

Well I thought they were, but when I was installing them & had no1 at TDC, the cam came to a stop when I was rotating it to torque it down, I rotated the crank forward slightly to allow me to rotate the cams so I guess that means no :D

Well I thought they were, but when I was installing them & had no1 at TDC, the cam came to a stop when I was rotating it to torque it down, I rotated the crank forward slightly to allow me to rotate the cams so I guess that means no :D

Maybe the lumpy idle you talk of is bent valves from the contact you made, i hope not but it dont take much.

Couple of pics of the seat frames. These are 2.5kg lighter than I had previous (eveyr little helps), and are solid as a rock, I can jump on the middle of one & it don't budge.

The seat arse is on the floor. I will be doing the drivers next week and now I'm happy with the position of these will be scrubbing them back & spraying matt black to tidy them up :)

BTW some of the welding was done by myself under the supervision of Mr Woods. It's my first time doing it so it may not look great :D, you can prolly spot the bits I did :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=118929&stc=1&d=1287246961

attachment.php?attachmentid=118930&stc=1&d=1287246961

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Looks good Jay.

Will you keep the floor carpet??

Yes, when I'm done the only way you will know the car is sub 1300kg is the Recaro seats and missing upper rear seat interior wise. It will feel OEM inside, and the plan is to get the Recaros retrimmed in leather so it doesn't have such a racey feel

Yes, when I'm done the only way you will know the car is sub 1300kg is the Recaro seats and missing upper rear seat interior wise. It will feel OEM inside, and the plan is to get the Recaros retrimmed in leather so it doesn't have such a racey feel

:cool:

Plus the first time you hit the AP brakes at 150+mph, I guess you will feel the car's mere 1275kg :D;)

It's my first time doing it so it may not look great :D, you can prolly spot the bits I did :D

Yes :)

Plus the first time you hit the AP brakes at 150+mph, I guess you will feel the car's mere 1275kg :D;)

......and pray the welding holds up :D

Yes :)

......and pray the welding holds up :D

:D, Paul went down the reverse side to make sure :D. I was a bit stop/go as you can see :D, it is solid though, you could pick the car up with it :D

EDIT plus it's only the passenger side, I'll be making sure Paul does the drivers :innocent:

:D, Paul went down the reverse side to make sure :D. I was a bit stop/go as you can see :D, it is solid though, you could pick the car up with it :D

EDIT plus it's only the passenger side, I'll be making sure Paul does the drivers :innocent:

So you're sure you will stay below 1300 with that massive welding ??? :D