The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV or MK1V

cobrastang

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this pop up when it was 1 page, didn't want to comment as I didn't want to upset the guy - guess it's too late for that now.

Likewise, I saw the abuse and wanted to be nice, but frankly from Tang's responses I wonder whether it is a wind up. And why have such a sh*t car for a pic? If he's seriously, then Tang may be interested to know that I'm doing a special on Strawberry flavoured windows. Buy 4 get a crash helmet. Supposedly being a scot, I can even provide him with the Tartan paint.

You are only supporting it because now you won't get picked on anymore ;) :p

Hey, you can pick on me for a lot of things, but the day I say something as dumb as this, I want a permanent ban...

Disclaimer: If by chance I do end up saying something really stupid in the near future, I do not actually want to be permanetly banned!! :D

This is a very funny thread! Brightened up my afternoon :D

That although the letter I is a roman numeral,where as the letter i means nothing at all numerically.mkIv yes mkiv no no no.I rest my case you honour....on that note,case is closed :p

I think I understand what you are getting here (sorry for the serious answer guys) but not sure if you noticed you can't use capital letters in URL's, so your IE does not see it as "I" it sees it as "i", though the principle behind is good though came across bad\stupid\not very bright.

You are only supporting it because now you won't get picked on anymore ;) :p

Nah, I still think he will be picked on :D

I II III IV V VI VII VIII etc etc are correct. i ii iii iv vi vii viii etc etc etc are all wrong.Its an error of english use of roman numerical system.If you check deeper than wikipedia you will find that small case letters would never be used by Romans.When in Rome do as the Romans do.Its an english error in translation.So if we want to be all correct it is called a Toyota Supra mkIV,and http://www.mkIVsupra.net I cant wait to meet al you guys at shows hehehe

http://www.mkIVsupra.net I cant wait to meet al you guys at shows hehehe

and so another lesson begins...

YOU CAN'T HAVE CAPITALS IN URLs!!!!

It's a MkIV supra.

No one writes mkiv.... It appears in URL's because it has to. Every document written correctly says MkIV........

It's the same for everyone other car in the world that has more than one incarnation. :rolleyes:

Where the hell have you got 1 from anyway, that is, according to your latest posts, as wrong as writing iv instead of IV.

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

and so another lesson begins...

YOU CAN'T HAVE CAPITALS IN URLs!!!!

It's a MkIV supra.

No one wrights mkiv.... It appears in URL's because it has to. Every document written correctly says MkIV........

It's the same for everyone other car in the world that has more than one incarnation. :rolleyes:

Where the hell have you got 1 from anyway, that is, according to your latest posts, as wrong as writing iv instead of IV.

I think he's just winding us up, and for some it seems to be working. ;)

BTW, no one writes wrights in any context, unless it's their name, that is. :)