The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV or MK1V

cobrastang

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I II III IV V VI VII VIII etc etc are correct. i ii iii iv vi vii viii etc etc etc are all wrong.Its an error of english use of roman numerical system.If you check deeper than wikipedia you will find that small case letters would never be used by Romans.When in Rome do as the Romans do.Its an english error in translation.So if we want to be all correct it is called a Toyota Supra mkIV,and http://www.mkIVsupra.net I cant wait to meet al you guys at shows hehehe

Did you not read my post? :blink:

I think I understand what you are getting here (sorry for the serious answer guys) but not sure if you noticed you can't use capital letters in URL's, so your IE does not see it as "I" it sees it as "i", though the principle behind is good though came across bad\stupid\not very bright.

I II III IV V VI VII VIII etc etc are correct. i ii iii iv vi vii viii etc etc etc are all wrong.Its an error of english use of roman numerical system.If you check deeper than wikipedia you will find that small case letters would never be used by Romans.When in Rome do as the Romans do.Its an english error in translation.So if we want to be all correct it is called a Toyota Supra mkIV,and www.mkIVsupra.net I cant wait to meet al you guys at shows hehehe

Dude, find the biggest button on your keyboard. It's long (about 5.5 normal keys long on mine), about the same height as a normal key. It creates an area between words and sentences to break up your writing into manageable chunks, meaning people can easily read and understand (roflmao) your posts and threads.

... all we know is, it's called the space bar.

Oh, and I'm sure we're all pissing our pants with excitement about meeting you, too.

I don't personally think it's incorrect to use i instead of I, the Roman's didn't have lower case as mentioned earlier, we do have lower case so we can use either. All scientific/Engineering reports and books and all sorts that I've read that have RN in the appendix or anything use i), ii), iii) etc.

Regardless of that, the thread was asking why it isn't a '1', not why is it an 'i'. Can we continue taking the piss out of that rather than questioning his backtrack please.

To be fair it is incorrectly written at the top of this forum, but it may be to reflect the url.

I never noticed it until he pointed that out.

Thing is, in hindsight you acknowledged the correct writing of IV in your thread title.

Getting confusing. The thread almost died until you resurrected it (bad move in my opinion).

I don't personally think it's incorrect to use i instead of I, the Roman's didn't have lower case as mentioned earlier, we do have lower case so we can use either. All scientific/Engineering reports and books and all sorts that I've read that have RN in the appendix or anything use i), ii), iii) etc.

Regardless of that, the thread was asking why it isn't a '1', not why is it an 'i'. Can we continue taking the piss out of that rather than questioning his backtrack please.

I agree, though technically his backtracked response is unfortunately correct.

Carry on anyway.. I'll break out the :Popcorn:

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

So if we want to be all correct it is called a Toyota Supra mkIV,and http://www.mkIVsupra.net I cant wait to meet al you guys at shows hehehe

Surely if we are being pedantic about this then its not a Supra mkIV it would be a Supra Mark 4 so the mk is obviously incorrect as well, which means manufacturers have been making this mistake for years :blink:

I think not :p

Likewise, I saw the abuse and wanted to be nice, but frankly from Tang's responses I wonder whether it is a wind up. And why have such a sh*t car for a pic? If he's seriously, then Tang may be interested to know that I'm doing a special on Strawberry flavoured windows. Buy 4 get a crash helmet. Supposedly being a scot, I can even provide him with the Tartan paint.

That mustang cobra svt is a 4.6 v8 320 bhp n/a of the production line.The engine is hand built from start to finish by a two man team.It tops 170 and is 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and thats standard.add a super charger and you have 500 bhp for £3000 and 0-60 in 4.9.They are very highly tuneable.It is not a shit car.

Edited by cobrastang (see edit history)

That mustang cobra svt is a 4.6 v8 320 bhp n/a of the production line.The engine is hand built from start to finish by a two man team.It tops 170 and is 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and thats standard.add a super charger and you have 500 bhp for £3000 and 0-60 in 4.9.They are very highly tuneable.It is not a shit car.

Its a yank tank.

funny story here folks,

10 years ago we had the discussion around whether it should be upper or lower case. It was felt that the uppercase 'I' would confuse people in to thinking it was a number 1 and so for fick people and ease of reading we chose to use mkiv all in lowercase.

And so it stuck from there.

I guess you can't out-think thicko's, JB.

Never argue with a fool. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Incidentally isn't that mustang widely regarded as the worst one Ford ever spat out? The new ones look nice, shame about the rear axle, but that one... nuh-uh.

This is my last addition to this thread.Whatever you all believe or think,long before supra mkIV was around .... in Roman times the numeral was IV there is no iv,thats is an anglified error.Long before url's etc.In proper rome small case letters arent recognised.If we insist in using the numerical system at least stay true to it.

Im new but notice the car is called a supra mkiv surley its a supra mkIv....a one not an i ?why? lol

Im new but notice the car is called a supra mkiv surley its a supra mk1v....a one not an i ?why? lol

Can any one see any diffrent?

I do not think you miss click "1" with "I" and try to look a bit better :) Did you?

This is my last addition to this thread.Whatever you all believe or think,long before supra mkIV was around .... in Roman times the numeral was IV there is no iv,thats is an anglified error.Long before url's etc.In proper rome small case letters arent recognised.If we insist in using the numerical system at least stay true to it.

(I actually quite like the SVT 'Terminator' version of the 'stang in your avatar, have been toying with the idea of getting one for quite a while)