hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small update on the car,

The shell is getting delivered from the bodyshop tomorrow so I can get on with assembling it all again. Chris Has rang, letting me know my engine parts are all ready to be collected too.

I've had a bit of change of plan with this now. I was intending to assemble the engine myself, but instead I've asked Chris to assemble it while he's got all the parts. The way I see it is, he's 1 of if not the best engine builder out there and if he puts it together, then it going to be right, end of. He's got another job in that's going to take a week or so but he assures me the engine will be completely rebuilt within 3 weeks and ready to collect. This should give me time to collect stuff like a head gasket, L19 head studs etc etc, so it all good.

Sounds great Hodge, that Turbo looks different to a normal GT47-80 has it been modified? or custom made?

It's had an anti-surge delete and a wastegate take off welded on the hotside. I'll drop Amir a line and ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Cracking stuff. Have been working on your second Veilside mirror this week - its a mess :(

Lol, that's not a good publicity campaign for you work Steve. Get your finger out please ;)

just to recap,

you ran 778 at the wheels on an un-opened engine?

that's amazing, i need a GTE bottom end!

NO, just stock pistons and rods. I fitted ARP main studs, rod bolts and head studs, a full set of ACL bearings. The head was extensively ported and polished and 264 cams fitted.

It's had an anti-surge delete and a wastegate take off welded on the hotside. I'll drop Amir a line and ask.

Yup that's it. I had VWR machine in the billet compressor housing insert. Checking through my emails and Cody sent a video of it getting done :D

Pretty cool

Yup that's it. I had VWR machine in the billet compressor housing insert. Checking through my emails and Cody sent a video of it getting done :D

Pretty cool

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/r4lly/th_17D0C806-6480-4C65-9DCE-B36CF0062B0D-6931-000006AB979BC84D.jpg

Thanks Amir, think ill drop Cody a quick email to see if he can supply me with a full spec on the turbo.

Car arrived back from the body shop yesterday so I spent a couple of hours today getting a few things refitted. Really happy with how the bay has turned out.

Few pics for ya

Original gromits cleaned and fitted.

Much better finish than last time.

A/C hole where the pipes came out had a plate welded in and filled again because it was beginning to crack a little.

As has this hole here. It was all down to my sh1tty welding and lack of experience last time.

Powder coated black anti-roll bar brackets and red anti roll bar fitted.

Crash bar also powder coated black.!

A shot of the bay.

More pics soon.