Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got the car back in the garage yesterday, it's a good job too, the rain is horrendous here..

I've put loads of degreaser on the front subframe and left it to do its thing. My dad has a steam cleaner I'm going to use to get all the crap off so it's like new before I drop the engine in.

I'm pretty unhappy with the positioning of my brake lines, clutch line and throttle cable. I had them run under the scuttle panel and come out behind the engine. You could still see a small section of them all as they dropped down behind heater matrix pipework. So what I intend to do is, reroute them through the cabin and out at the passenger footwell. I've got a guy from HEL I'm in contact with who makes up custom brake lines for me, so I've just fired him an email over with lengths and fitting I need.

All the interior and dash is back together, I just need to relocate my CAL switches, as I didn't like them where they were under my head unit. I'm going to tuck them away out of sight, the same for the Dash2 buttons.

The head is at the machine shop getting checked for flatness and pressure tested, I need to order a front crank seal and a set of flywheel bolt and then I'm all good for parts :D

Hopefully will have some more updates soon with lots of pics.

You're too strict with yourself. :)

What cams are you going for?

I'm using BC 264 cams. They have a higher lift than most other 264s on the market and avoid a lumpy idle. I can't really fault them if I'm honest. With my last setup they never faltered.

Roger.

I'm moving from my actual HKS 264 to SRD 280.

I hope idle and emission (for MOT) will be ok...otherwise I will have to go for milder one's.

Emissions lol, I think your cams are the least of your worries with your emissions Luc. I'd be more concerned about the big turbo your strapping on and the lack of catalytic converters lol.

Haha ..the cats are mounted everytime for MOT John.

They are custom modded to fit the HKS mani.

I lean the mixture for the test...I just hope it will work with wilder cams.

You staying with a 3" exhaust Luc or do you have a 4" setup with a cat

I plan on trying what power can be achieved on the 3" DP/MP combo, together with the 4" exhaust.

I will probably go for 4" if the 800 rhhp aren't achievable on 3". Regarding the cats, I will then have to play with 3-4" adaptors. Nevertheless, my little BW has a 3" flange.

I plan on trying what power can be achieved on the 3" DP/MP combo, together with the 4" exhaust.

I will probably go for 4" if the 800 rhhp aren't achievable on 3". Regarding the cats, I will then have to play with 3-4" adaptors. Nevertheless, my little BW has a 3" flange.

Guess I'd struggle there then, my Garret 4780 has a 4.5" flange lol.

All sounding good John! cant believe i still aint bumped into you and this car at a show lol. Seems its always having upgrades done! maybe next year were meet!

Me n Ross will be doing lots of shows next year I hope, so it's inevitable we will meet on the black top, I mean show arena ;)

Me n Ross will be doing lots of shows next year I hope, so it's inevitable we will meet on the black top, I mean show arena ;)

Yeah thats good stuff! im going to attend all shows next year too. be great to meet you guys! Ill bring some mud in a squirty bottle for when the judges come around your car

Just had an email from the throttle cable guy who is making me a full new throttle cable to my spec for an awesome price. I'm sending my old cable off to him this week and once it arrived and I hear back about the brake lines that's almost everything I need for the build.

I'm getting a little excited now.

Spent a few hours giving the subframe a clean up today. Looks much better now. There was a little overspray on there and lots of dirt and grease from over the years.

Had the extended sump pan at work last night, and 1 of the guys in the paint shop gave it a coat of paint for me.

Also today I collected my new front crank seal and new set of flywheel bolts. The guy at toyota commented they were thf most expensive bolts he had ever sold, and I got them for trade too lol.

Finally, I had time to give the Turbo housing a quick buff up. It turned out pretty good. Even the V-band to hold the compressor housing on came up mirror finish too.

I've just also ordered all the fitting and hoses to make my wastegate lines up and a 3.5in V-band for the turbo to intercooler pipe.