Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good John! :cool:

Thanks rob.

Very smart! :thumbs:

That turbo looks naughty! :innocent:

Whatever do you mean ;)

now were getting there, :D

Certainly am. I've borrowed a pressure washer so I can blast and the degreaser and hard surface cleaner off that I've missed. I'll do that on Sunday, then I can start putting stuff back in.

You missed a bit....:D

Nah, I just chose not to clean those bits :p

A few more bits have arrived today.

-10 fitting and braided line to make up my oil return for the turbo, and also my turbo to manifold gasket.

I managed to get hold of a TT water pipe from pump to stock oil cooler. The plan is, is to cut it up so I can reroute my heater matrix pipes behind the engine instead of over the top.

Apart from a turbo blanket, I think that's all I need now.

Head is getting picked up from the machine shop on Monday or Tuesday so I just need to check can clearances and its ready to go straight on.

I'm setting off next Saturday at 4am to pick my engine up from Chris, so hopefully when I get back I'll have time to fit the sumps, and the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Subframe looks alot better now John, much more tidy, and that turbo just looks enormous!

It's not enormous, but it is damn heavy that's for sure lol.

looks good john ,wished I had my engine bay painted before my engine was fitted, my be I will take it out and do it. what make is that turbo .

It's a Garret Mark. Unfortunately the 3.5" v-band flange was bent in the post so I've had to break the weld and reposition in straight. I've ordered a new v-band clamp for it with a mating flange so it get that screwed together then take it to work for welding.

I'm expecting this to all be in the car before Xmas now.

yes I saw the damage did not look bad to me . this turbo made good power,

Yeah I'm expecting a good result. The only issue is my clutch is only rated to 765ft/lb so I'm expecting it to hold to around 900whp. But to be fair 1000 flywheel horsepowet that's way enough for any street car.

Done a little work on the engine tonight.

I used a stock TT water pipe and chopped it up.

I cut off all the extra pipes I wouldn't need and will get the holes welded up ASAP. The piece that runs around the back of the engine I cut just past the middle point. Because I'm not using a stock oil cooler, I'm going to use that pipe to feed the heater matrix, so it comes from behind the engine, instead of having it running over. Whilst the holes are getting filled, I'll get a beed of weld around the end so I can use it as a swadge to stop the matrix pipe from coming off under pressure.

Here's a couple of pics of how the water pipe looks.

This is the pipe I've cut off.

Also finished shimming the head.

cracking work mate and upping the game with every mod you do Car's a credit to you and your great mind .

Well with some of the cars that are currently under construction, if I don't up my game I'll get left by the way side.

Well with some of the cars that are currently under construction, if I don't up my game I'll get left by the way side.

Doubtful mate. Your car is of superior build quality.

Read a good 100 pages of this thread for first time, amazing build mate.

Are you still on RPS Single Plate Street Clutch with that power? I'm going big twins aiming for 650rwhpand would ideally like to keep my RPS but is it possibly not up to power?

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Doubtful mate. Your car is of superior build quality.

Read a good 100 pages of this thread for first time, amazing build mate.

Are you still on RPS Single Plate Street Clutch with that power? I'm going big twins aiming for 650rwhpand would ideally like to keep my RPS but is it possibly not up to power?

I have a custom single disc clutch from DC-Automotive. I'm wanting to avoid the clutch/flywheel noise. The plan is to dyno the car until the clutch starts to slip then back it off a little. With that or if I can find a nice member to loan me a triple plate so I can max out the cars setup and see what it will do before I back the power off a little so the single disc will handle it. Don't get me wrong, if I fry the single disc pretty quickly then I'll go RPS triple carbon as they seem to be the quietest multi disc out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent a little time refitting parts in the engine bay. I've tidied up the wiring around the lights too.

The rad will be coming back out before the engine is fitted but I've just stuck it in there for a bit of space really.

Couldn't resist bolting this together all together for a look. I did put the manifold and turbo on but the turbo is so heavy it tips over head and it almost fell off the bench lol.

Picked these up from the powdercoaters today. Once there on, then that's the last of the subframe components done.

No engine today unfortunately. Chris hasn't had time to finish it as he's had a few big jobs in that needed to be done. So it's going to be next week now I guess. I've got all the parts I need now, so it's just a case of assembling it all and drop it in the car. There's still a good chance it will be in the car by Xmas.

Not had a chance to properly catch up in this thread but by the pics on facebook its comming along very nicely Hodge. I definately want a shot once your all finished :D

Although i still think you missed a bit in the engine bay :O

Not had a chance to properly catch up in this thread but by the pics on facebook its comming along very nicely Hodge. I definately want a shot once your all finished :D

Although i still think you missed a bit in the engine bay :O

Yeah I'm still missing an engine Ross lol.