The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

We definitely need to have a shot of all the widearch cars together :) This car really does look awesome now buddy! You should get a set of blueangel carbon wrapped facelift lights like on my car, would work nice with the boot lip and other carbon bits you have going on.

I'm not a fan of facelift lights if I'm honest mate. Im happy with what I've got on there, well for now anyways.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! nice to see it come all together engine bay is the best I have seen , were you ever tempted to spray the bonnet same colour as the car ?

No not at all. The car was always going to have a carbon bonnet. I like the contrast between the white and carbon.

Spent the full day on the car today just sorting out a few little niggles. I stripped the shifter downtown see if I could find an issue why it was going tight but Couldn't find anything. So I made sure all was clean and greased it all again and put it all back together. I took the dash2 out and redone all the wiring. The speedo wasn't working and the wiring behind there was in need of a huge tidy up.

Re-polished the cam covers cos they were fading a little and I've also dug out my filter for the turbo.

I'm popping up Jurgens tomorrow to see if I can find the correct clutch hook for my clutch to hopefully solve the noise issue.

Spent the full day on the car today just sorting out a few little niggles. I stripped the shifter downtown see if I could find an issue why it was going tight but Couldn't find anything. So I made sure all was clean and greased it all again and put it all back together. I took the dash2 out and redone all the wiring. The speedo wasn't working and the wiring behind there was in need of a huge tidy up.

Re-polished the cam covers cos they were fading a little and I've also dug out my filter for the turbo.

I'm popping up Jurgens tomorrow to see if I can find the correct clutch hook for my clutch to hopefully solve the noise issue.

look forward to see the beast tomorrow pop in the afternoon as am away MOT in morning..

BTW them clutches are really noisy i dont think the hook will reduce the noise mind.. (they are just twatfull clutches for noises).

it feels embarassing like somethings going to drop off and with the heat they get louder too and more clunky..(people always think somethings wrong with the car lol)

clutch andy has in his is nice and quiet (cant recall the make now)..

look forward to see the beast tomorrow pop in the afternoon as am away MOT in morning..

BTW them clutches are really noisy i dont think the hook will reduce the noise mind.. (they are just twatfull clutches for noises).

it feels embarassing like somethings going to drop off and with the heat they get louder too and more clunky..(people always think somethings wrong with the car lol)

clutch andy has in his is nice and quiet (cant recall the make now)..

I'm not really fancying spending another 2K on a clutch really. This spray job has cleaned me out and in now saving for mapping. I'll just have to cope with it for not and wait until something comes along I recon.

Yeah I'll call up about 1ish mate if that's ok.

Looks awesome I wish I was born with your skills.

Honestly mate I've actually surprised myself. Don't get me wrong I've made mistakes along the way but it's all a learning curve. The way I see it is, I could pay a Tuner xxxx amount to do the work if I could find 1 that was as anal as me lol, or the price it costs in labour I could make a balls of the job a few times until I get it right for the same cost. This means I get it done to my spec and also gain a skill. It may take a little longer but I'm a patient man, well sometimes lol.

Hands down, i'd love to work on my own car I hope you get magazine features as you dam well deserve the effort:).

Cheers bud. I'd love a feature be like the Icing on the cake really.

Splendid job. I look forward to seeing it up close.

Thanks Ed mate.

John, I will give you a go of my RPS Carbon/Carbon Clutch at Pod, it drives like a dream, highley recomend them and they certainly stand up to some abuse ;-)

Don't get me wrong Kevin I like the feel of the pedal, it's just to noise is driving me nuts.