Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you driving to the pod hodge ? you doing this convoy ?

Will be the Friday night but don't know what time as yet, I'll have to speak to Ross mate. I don't want to hold everyone back cos I'll be driving like miss Daisy pretty much shitting myself all the way lol.

Given the hours you have put into this I seriously wonder what I have in front of me. I'm not going through the body transformation you are, or taking the engine bay anywhere near the levels you are, but I'm taking everything mechanical from the top down to bits and freshening up what I can. At first I thought it would be a couple of months but given how long it has taken you, and taking into account the sleepless nights you have put into it, I can't see me getting this done anytime soon.

Great work John, the end is most definitely in sight!

Given the hours you have put into this I seriously wonder what I have in front of me. I'm not going through the body transformation you are, or taking the engine bay anywhere near the levels you are, but I'm taking everything mechanical from the top down to bits and freshening up what I can. At first I thought it would be a couple of months but given how long it has taken you, and taking into account the sleepless nights you have put into it, I can't see me getting this done anytime soon.

Great work John, the end is most definitely in sight!

If it's just engine work Scott I recon a couple of months is pretty do-able. To be fair I've been totally anal with most things and modded if not made a lot of things for my build. I've no doubt you'll surprise yourself once you get stuck in.

If it's just engine work Scott I recon a couple of months is pretty do-able. To be fair I've been totally anal with most things and modded if not made a lot of things for my build. I've no doubt you'll surprise yourself once you get stuck in.

Unfortunately not. Suspension/Chassis will all be taking a hit on the time front as well. Looking at either all new bushes or new arms.... or something. Will see when I pull it all apart. Only thing I won't be touching is the bodywork and 99% of the interior really. Wiring will take a bit of time though.

My real trouble is going to be time constraints with having the little one. I'll just be getting on a roll after an hour or 2 of working when it'll be time to come in and spend time with girly. Not that I would ever trade that, it'll just mean that it will take me a little longer :)

Unfortunately not. Suspension/Chassis will all be taking a hit on the time front as well. Looking at either all new bushes or new arms.... or something. Will see when I pull it all apart. Only thing I won't be touching is the bodywork and 99% of the interior really. Wiring will take a bit of time though.

My real trouble is going to be time constraints with having the little one. I'll just be getting on a roll after an hour or 2 of working when it'll be time to come in and spend time with girly. Not that I would ever trade that, it'll just mean that it will take me a little longer :)

If it were me I'd just change the arms, new aftermarket bushes are proved to me not a great deal different to brand new OEM parts.

I know what you mean about spending time with the kids. I've 3 of my own. Which is why a lot of my work has been done late at night when there in bed. I'd emerge from the garage at sometimes 5am lol. Hopefully once this is done I can find some normality again lol.

If it were me I'd just change the arms, new aftermarket bushes are proved to me not a great deal different to brand new OEM parts.

I know what you mean about spending time with the kids. I've 3 of my own. Which is why a lot of my work has been done late at night when there in bed. I'd emerge from the garage at sometimes 5am lol. Hopefully once this is done I can find some normality again lol.

I don't think I'll have the cash spare to do it that way unfortunately. It'll either be good 2nd hand arms or new poly bushes. I'll probably go with good low mileage 2nd handers though, with an aim to replace with new during the next refurb. All my cash is going into the engine at the moment and anything left over will be for wheels and rubber :D

It'll be good when you get to stand out in front of your hard work and determination mate. Look forward to the day when you finaly say "she's finished........... for now" :)

You still won't be done though....... as I'll be picking your brain via PM in a few months :p

I don't think I'll have the cash spare to do it that way unfortunately. It'll either be good 2nd hand arms or new poly bushes. I'll probably go with good low mileage 2nd handers though, with an aim to replace with new during the next refurb. All my cash is going into the engine at the moment and anything left over will be for wheels and rubber :D

It'll be good when you get to stand out in front of your hard work and determination mate. Look forward to the day when you finaly say "she's finished........... for now" :)

You still won't be done though....... as I'll be picking your brain via PM in a few months :p

Feel free mate, I'm more than happy to her as much as I can.

Got up early today to do some more work on the car.

Passenger door handle is now in and central locking is working fine.

I've started fitting my front components to the door cards too. I've got myself a set of Focal K2s.

Passenger side is now finished so fingers crossed I'll get the drivers side done tomorrow,

Here's a few pics of how I went on.

Passenger handle in.

A couple of randoms,

I've screwed the midrange speaker into the door card with an 11mm MDF ring behind to hold the speaker in place.

Cut a hole for the tweeter mount.

Bolted in the tweeter and I've fitted the crossover behind the door card inside the window switch void.

Door card on,

I've painted the tweeter mesh black too as it came in silver.

All done :-)

Cheers guys. It all seems to be coming together really well now. No issues to report really as yet apart from my noisy flywheel. I have to say I bloody hate it. The clutch on a whole seems very good but I'm not sure if I can handle the noise this flywheel makes. I can't see me keeping this clutch too long cos it's driving me mad. It's not noisy on the road just when the car is stationary and I press the clutch. But unfortunately I can't see me forking out another grand n a half or so for another clutch in the near future that's for certain.

The dip stick is on my to do list lee but I'll get to it at a later date maybe when I do a few alterations over the winter :-).

Noisy when you put your foot on the clutch? that dont sound right mate, all the twin/triple plate clutches ive had (ORC/RPS/Greddy) only rattle when at idle, foot off the clutch, soon as ive put my foot on it the noise goes away.