Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm starting to lose my bottle about bringing this to Suprapod now. The rubber O-ring on the radiator drain valve has just failed, it's not bad but it's weeping coolant. I've been out for about an hour today and lost maybe a cup full. To eliminate this happening again I'm just going to get the hole welded up I think. If the rad ever needs draining I'll just take off the bottom rad pipe.

My speedo and gear selection also isn't working On my Dash2. now im not bothered about the gear selection feature, that can be done at a later date but I need the speedo. Ive just buzzed Ryan and am waiting for a call back.

There's a couple of other little niggles but nothing major really, but I really don't want to drive this down without a working speedo.

sat nav mate, gps on there ;-)..

btw we had a supra with these dash and i had no speedo working until 10 mins after driving (pain in ass)..swapped the sensors also.

It's running off a can bus cable mate so it gets the signal direct from the ECU so should be instantaneous. Im just waiting on a call from Ryan to tell me how to sort it.

I've dug my heels in yesterday, I've sorted the dodgy wire on my Defi gauge, replaced the miltiplug on the alternator as my battery light kept flashing when I hit a bump and the rad is out and the drain hole was welded up last night so the issue won't repeat itself. For the record I bloody hate O-rings lol. I'm also going to put the anti-vibration rubber gasket back in the shifter to see it it cures it going stiff after a bit of a drive. I've a mate with a GT4 with the same shifter and his does the same so hopefully the rubber gasket will sort the job.

Anyway, seems it's lashing down with rain again today, it's rebuild time. I'm going to get it all back together and bleed the Copland system off again. Hopefully the wether will clear either later on today or worse case sonario tomorrow so I can take her out and test it again.

Spoke to Ryan about the speedo today and he is going to try and set some time aside on Saturday to sort it for me and just refine the base map a little for me. So I best make sure the car is all sorted to get there then :-)

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

apart from the niggles you mentioned john, does the car drive nice? what sort of power you hoping for when the map is fully done and its been on the rollers?

Well apart from this damn clutch that I keep moaning about yeah it a nice comfortable drive. There's a couple of little things with the base map Ryan is going to sort for me so it's better to drive until I get it Dyno'd. Powerwise, I'm hoping for somewhere around the 800hp mark.

Ok were all back together now and the cars bled off. Just need to get it out again for a blast and check everything out.

heres a few pics of todays efforts.

all stripped out.

Ive welded up the drain hole and also welded in the bung for the lower water temp sensor that isnt being used.

fans and Rad re-assembled.

All back in ready to bleed off again.

All this coolant is costing me a fortune. I didnt want to reuse in incase there was any bits of dust etc inside the engine after the rebuilt. I think its had 4 coolant changes and 3 oil changes in about 50 miles. Better be safe than sorry I say ;)

Ive fitted my filter and induction pipe, theres just the undertray and the shifter gasket to do today and im done, i hope.

Were back on track for Supeapod. All the jobs are done apart from the battery light. For some reason it keeps coming on and going off. I've checked everything I can think of but it's made no difference. The only thing left to check is where I've extended the power cable. All I can think is there's an issue with the joint. The car has a new 200 amp alternator and 2 red top batteries fitted too. I'm going to look at that now. The car is booked in to have it's geo done at 3.30pm so after that were ready to go.

I've been on with this battery light issue for the last hour or so. I I've checked and re-soldered the power cable on the alternator but made no difference. I've looked at the lights in the car thinking there may be an issue there. The Dash2 battery warning light is tapped into the dash warning light. I removed the bulb from the dash just leaving the Dash2 light on and when the car was started the light now goes out. RESULTOOOOOO!!!!

All I can think is 1 light was working against the other light hence keeping them both on.

I'm off to get the Geo done now so let's hope it doesn't come on again.

I've been on with this battery light issue for the last hour or so. I I've checked and re-soldered the power cable on the alternator but made no difference. I've looked at the lights in the car thinking there may be an issue there. The Dash2 battery warning light is tapped into the dash warning light. I removed the bulb from the dash just leaving the Dash2 light on and when the car was started the light now goes out. RESULTOOOOOO!!!!

All I can think is 1 light was working against the other light hence keeping them both on.

Made up for you matey.

The car will feel mechanically great now - then it'll be performing even better when it's mapped up!

No joy, lights back on. When I'm going over a rough road it's flashing on and off which makes me think the indicator wire to the bulb from the either the engine loom or the fusebox has a bad connection. The Dash2 reads 14v with heaters, stereo and fans running so as far as I'm concerned there's no issue there at all.

Any thoughts,