Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car is looking fantastic John, Too bad i will have to miss out on Suprapod again this year, and miss seeing this and other awesome Project cars, due to work commitments.

Hopefully i can guarantee to be there next year "With" the car :)

I'm looking forward to seeing this monster Dane.

Well I made it to the hotel but not without issue. After about 2hrs of driving, we stopped for some food and when I started the car up it would Only fire on 5 cylinders, sounded horrendous, AFRs went to 10. Fearing the worst, I turned off the car, inspected all I could and fired it up again. All was fine. An hour further down the motorway, as I was driving, again AFRs went to 10 and the car was only running on 5 cylinders. We pulled over, turned it off, again couldn't find anything wrong. Started it and it ran fine. Im thinking I have a dodgy coilpack or coilpack clip which is breaking down with the heat.

I'll change all the clips once I get home on Sunday night, if that doesn't work then it's 6 new coilpacks for me, unless I can pinpoint the offending unit as I have 8 spares I can change. Let's hope it gets me home lol.

Bit of an update on this.

4 hour drive back from Suprapod today went like a breeze. The misfire didn't come back and the car was really smooth after Ryan tweaked the map. The car does cut out on occasion when pulling up at junctions but it's nothing of a major issue really.

I'm 99.9% certain the misfire was down to the failing battery, but I'm going to change the coil pack connectors anyways.

I'm 99.9% certain the misfire was down to the failing battery, but I'm going to change the coil pack connectors anyways.

im certain you will get it sorted mate hopefully its something simple so you can get some miles in, the car looked super naughty in the pics from suprapod :thumbs:

Bit of an update on this.

4 hour drive back from Suprapod today went like a breeze. The misfire didn't come back and the car was really smooth after Ryan tweaked the map. The car does cut out on occasion when pulling up at junctions but it's nothing of a major issue really.

Brilliant mate. Made up!

I've just been out to start mine - MOT tomorrow!

some fantastic photos were taken from your car at the pod..! It looks perfect..! congratulations...!

Your car is so neat & tidy that it will make it easy to find a fault, you will have all the issues fixed in no time..!

im certain you will get it sorted mate hopefully its something simple so you can get some miles in, the car looked super naughty in the pics from suprapod :thumbs:

Im just about to order a new set of coilpack clips just incase. there only a couple of quid each so id be daft not to.

Good to finally meet you bud. Car is sweet as hell dude, can be proud of the work you've done on her. Small problems will be an easy fix.

To top it all off your accent is so bloody cool.

Its usually woman that like a geordie accent not big scottish blokes lol.

I really did have a great weekend. Highlights of the weekend for me were being made really welcome oh and karolina's VERY VERY VERY short skirts. (sorry blacky mate but someone had to say it):innocent:

some fantastic photos were taken from your car at the pod..! It looks perfect..! congratulations...!

Your car is so neat & tidy that it will make it easy to find a fault, you will have all the issues fixed in no time..!

Thanks dude. Just need to Dyno it and build my ICE install and shes done for a little while anyways.

Guest adam b

i dident make it to the pod , i sure would have liked to see that bay

what a great job no wires it looks so neat .hats of to you hodge old boy you have done your self very proud.:eyebrows:

i still love the blue colour you had before it shined like glass.:cool: the white is very now though and looks amazing ..the bay is my fav bit its just so neat mr toyota would be happy.:D:D

atb adam b