Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noisy when you put your foot on the clutch? that dont sound right mate, all the twin/triple plate clutches ive had (ORC/RPS/Greddy) only rattle when at idle, foot off the clutch, soon as ive put my foot on it the noise goes away.

Aye it rattles when I dip the clutch lol. No rattle at idle at all. Strange I know but as soon as I put it under load it goes away.

It's always done that. Don't know if it's anything to do with the release bearing that came with the clutch or what all I know is I can't stand the bloody noise.

Guest jamsames

when you put the gearbox back in did you support the weight of the transmission until it was bolted up properly? not meaning to suggest you have done a poor job at all, just that ive heard the input shaft can bend if the gearbox isnt supported properly during installation

when you put the gearbox back in did you support the weight of the transmission until it was bolted up properly? not meaning to suggest you have done a poor job at all, just that ive heard the input shaft can bend if the gearbox isnt supported properly during installation

I bench pressed the box in under the car mate lol. I never put the shaft under any load for that specific reason.

what clutch you got John mine rattled with the pedal down

I've got an Ogura Twin plate Wayne. What did you have fitted mate.

Clutches pain in the hole..... I know how you feel mate, i've aksed Lee to look at mine, southbend one, as its rattles and sounds as if its about to drop out the box, it only does this at biting point though, no other time....

Lee said this is normal for the type of clutch, so think im going to put up with it, until i fry it then replace it. :D

Clutches pain in the hole..... I know how you feel mate, i've aksed Lee to look at mine, southbend one, as its rattles and sounds as if its about to drop out the box, it only does this at biting point though, no other time....

Lee said this is normal for the type of clutch, so think im going to put up with it, until i fry it then replace it. :D

I don't know if I can cope with this noise until it's bust. I'll see what comes up over the Winter when the cars off the road, I'll look into changing it then I think.

Mine rattles too, pedal up or down, until its under load. Wouldn't worry about it. Looking good though. Two and a bit weeks left :)

Guest jamsames
I bench pressed the box in under the car mate lol. I never put the shaft under any load for that specific reason.

good stuff, bet the wife is impressed with your new massive arms?

Thanks Stu mate.

Bit of an update. Things are almost done now. Auto-windscreen have confirmed they will be at mine between 9 and 10 in the morning to fit the front and 2 rear quarter glasses. I'll have all my rear trim put back in by Friday night and a few final touches, if it's fine I can be out in it on sat/sun to test everything out.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!

VERY happy days indeed mate!! I reckon I'm going to find myself taking random trips through Consett just on the off chance I see you on the road :D

Everything about it says quality and craftmanship - the day this is finished will be a landmark day for the club!

Edited by Stevo (see edit history)