The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

i dident make it to the pod , i sure would have liked to see that bay

what a great job no wires it looks so neat .hats of to you hodge old boy you have done your self very proud.:eyebrows:

i still love the blue colour you had before it shined like glass.:cool: the white is very now though and looks amazing ..the bay is my fav bit its just so neat mr toyota would be happy.:D:D

atb adam b

Thanks Adam mate.

I've got a full set of coilpack clips, I'm changing them all tomorrow when I get home from work about 5.30am. Will be ordering a new battery too.

I've managed to source some rear ABS hubs and sensors, so just need the fronts now and I can get the Syvecs traction control set up.

I've ordered a new rear diff mount as my rear subframe being from an N/A only had 1 and a new PAS bracket.

All these need to be in place before the car gets dyno'd as the last thing I want is the either the diff to twist or the PAS pump to brake under load.

Next weekend I'm hoping to start on my rear seat install. I've got tons of fiberglass matting, resin and hardener to make the base for the box. I've a few crazy ideas how I want it to go but I'll just start it and see where it takes me I think.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Little update guys.

Rear ABS hubs and 6 speed driveshafts turned up on Monday. I'm just waiting on the fronts to arrive then ill crack on fitting them, so Ryan can connect the sensor wires up to the Syvecs when the car goes to be dyno'd.

New coilpack clips are fitted, and I've also fitted a new battery. Car fires up and runs great now, it seems to rev a lot better, more crist and tight if that's the words I mean. I'm thinking the coilpack clips were virtually foobared and the fading battery wasn't producing a good enough spark. Hopefully I'm going to manage to get her out at the weekend for a good blast around.

I had Stevo up today for a bit of work done. Once I'd finished I took him for a blast out in the supra. Totally enjoyed it apart from it keeps cutting out at junctions. I think it's overfueling on over run making it cut out when I come off the gas n dip the clutch.

Once it's moving the car felt awesome, there's a 0.5 bar boost limit on the car for now, we had it upto the boost limit in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear and pulls really well. It's just about to pull off my face and hits the boost limit. Stevo seemed to like it lol.

Myself and Bossco gave fitting the new diff mount a go yesterday too. Oh my god, what a feck about. It just refused to go in. I think the way forward is to put the mount in place, put some studding into the diff and a plate over the mount with a nut on and pull it in with the nut. I'll get some studding tomorrow and do it and that's another job done ready for Dyno. Powersterring bracket ive been looking for for ages is now on too. After the diff mount is done it's just the ABS hubs to do and I'm good to go.

Guest adam b
Thanks Adam mate.

I've got a full set of coilpack clips, I'm changing them all tomorrow when I get home from work about 5.30am. Will be ordering a new battery too.

I've managed to source some rear ABS hubs and sensors, so just need the fronts now and I can get the Syvecs traction control set up.

I've ordered a new rear diff mount as my rear subframe being from an N/A only had 1 and a new PAS bracket.

All these need to be in place before the car gets dyno'd as the last thing I want is the either the diff to twist or the PAS pump to brake under load.

Next weekend I'm hoping to start on my rear seat install. I've got tons of fiberglass matting, resin and hardener to make the base for the box. I've a few crazy ideas how I want it to go but I'll just start it and see where it takes me I think.

if it turns out like the back of the blue one itll be a stunner .!!

but i bet your going one better this time round a hodge ,lookin forword to seeing boot build come along .:cool:

if it turns out like the back of the blue one itll be a stunner .!!

but i bet your going one better this time round a hodge ,lookin forword to seeing boot build come along .:cool:

Unfortunately the install won't be getting started until after JAE. I've got a few bits n bobs to sort before then and an install is very time consuming. I think the last 1 took about 50+ hrs to do and there was 3 of us. This 1 is a lot bigger so I'm expecting way more that 50hrs. I've got nothing planned as such I'm just going to see where it leads me when I start.

Here's a couple of quick pics of my last install.

I had Stevo up today for a bit of work done. Once I'd finished I took him for a blast out in the supra. Totally enjoyed it apart from it keeps cutting out at junctions. I think it's overfueling on over run making it cut out when I come off the gas n dip the clutch.

Once it's moving the car felt awesome, there's a 0.5 bar boost limit on the car for now, we had it upto the boost limit in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear and pulls really well. It's just about to pull off my face and hits the boost limit. Stevo seemed to like it lol.

Hell yeah – I loved it, made me feel like a little kid again. :D

Then again, every time I’ve been up to the house in the last year or so, I turn the corner into the cul-de-sac with a muckle grin on my face in anticipation of seeing the garage door up and this TRD smiling back at me.

Given that I’ve not even been in a stock TT car let alone one like this, everything about it was just awesome – the looks, the sound, the performance (even with current limitations you really get a sense of what this car is going to be capable of!) Just as I thought it was going to take-off everything calmed down again…. Can’t wait for a shot in it once it is totally sorted out map and engine wise.

The experience didn’t disappoint mate - cheers :thumbs:

not a fan of boot installs or loud music when driving but thats a tasty bottle of nitrous there john... did you run nos alot? or was it for shows?

Bottle was just there for show Rob. I'm a massive fan of good quality music and love a good baseline. By far this was the best sound system ice ever had bar non. Totally loved it. I think it's the thing I missed about the car most. Was a total work of art.

Hell yeah – I loved it, made me feel like a little kid again. :D

Then again, every time I’ve been up to the house in the last year or so, I turn the corner into the cul-de-sac with a muckle grin on my face in anticipation of seeing the garage door up and this TRD smiling back at me.

Given that I’ve not even been in a stock TT car let alone one like this, everything about it was just awesome – the looks, the sound, the performance (even with current limitations you really get a sense of what this car is going to be capable of!) Just as I thought it was going to take-off everything calmed down again…. Can’t wait for a shot in it once it is totally sorted out map and engine wise.

The experience didn’t disappoint mate - cheers :thumbs:

Lol. It won't be long now steve before sleeping giant is woken. I really can't wait myself just to experience it. Pleased you enjoyed it. That turbo sure does make a noise don't it lmao. I'd never get sick ofthe noise it makes when its spooling.

Some long long hours gone into this over the last few days.

Myself and Bossco after about 4hrs got the new rear diff mount in last night. I ended up bashing it in with a nice bug soft hammer and a vog long bar. After this I've removed the engine bay earths, and rubbed them and the bodywork down to see if it sorts the overcharging issue. It's all back together now but I havnt been out to try yet.

Today, well that was a right laugh. Spent the full day fitting some ABS hubs to the car for the Syvecs traction control. All 4 hubs and driveshafts are now fitted, I just need to run the wires to the passenger footwell and there all done. I'll do that tomorrow though.

Wednesday, I'm raising my suspension 1/2 inch or so cos the car bottoms out on uneven roads due to the 4" v-band. So god knows what it's going to be like when it squats on boost.

Ryan is posting my Cal switches today so I'll recurve them tomorrow and get them fitted ready for Dyno. Apart srop that I'm looking forward to JAE at the weekend.

Update.

Spent the Day with Ryan at Advanced motorsports for a Dyno session. I'm over the moon with the results.

The car made 778.189 rear wheel horse power at 1.5 bar. This is about 914 BHP if my sums are correct.

Massive thanks to Ryan for all his work today. The car drives amazingly off boost and pretty much insane on boost lol.

Had a couple of issues with the clutch to start off but after rolling about under the car and shortening the rod on the slave cylinder we were off again.

Even after the car was finished it took about 2hrs for my heart to slow back down.

Dan the owner of advance motorsport put my Dyno plot on top of Jamie.Ps, it just made me laugh. How the feck you keep that under control is beyond me. Yours and my Dyno plot were like chalk n cheese.

Happy happy bunny :-)