The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of deliberating, I should be able to come along to this.

My car has hardly been used since Llandow 2008, so I might swap to some older spare tyres ready for the damage I do to the front left and understeer / roll my way around again.

ok thats cool, do let me know or i might just leave in the morning with all the stuff made up from my house. would make life easier for me as i wont have to setup etc things down there and if anything is needed at home ill have it! :)

all depends on if members want it though.

I need new tyres for this - which should I go for? I've normally gone with Goodyear Eagle F1 but fancy a change to a more "track" tyre. I don't need cutting edge performance as my driving ability probably isn't good enough to take advantage though :)

ok thats cool, do let me know or i might just leave in the morning with all the stuff made up from my house. would make life easier for me as i wont have to setup etc things down there and if anything is needed at home ill have it! :)

all depends on if members want it though.

The on site cafe isn't quite onsite, it's got different owners from the track although they obviously enjoy business from each other... I guess they would be a bit cheesed off if you fully fed everyone but a snack qty of food wouldn't hurt anyone. The cafe doesn't open till mid-morning anyway. Please be aware that there are ZERO facilities on site other than the toilet block and a large portacabin/briefing room: no electricity, no fridge or microwave etc...

Your choice mate - I'm sure I'd love the food but I'd rather see you enjoy the track :p

Also the night before is well worthwhile coming to, otherwise you'll have a mega early start to get to deepest, darkest ;) Wales.

I need new tyres for this - which should I go for? I've normally gone with Goodyear Eagle F1 but fancy a change to a more "track" tyre. I don't need cutting edge performance as my driving ability probably isn't good enough to take advantage though :)

I've not tried anything but road tyres yet so can't advise, a Num or two or perhaps a JamieP, Wez, Ryan, Chris W will be along soon no doubt. :)

Tonnes to choose from - regular trackies swear by Toyo R888's. Other's by Pilot Cup Sports. Lately I've been using Toyo T1R's - premium road tyres rather than track tyres.