The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

Yeah I can't understand it, last year was very good and now it's at a time when we have good weather. Maybe JapShow on the Sunday is causing a dip in numbers :(

Japshow certainly won't be helping, but I asked around what events were on before I booked this so it wouldn't clash with anything, and JapShow wasn't mentioned. :(

At the end of the day I'd rather be driving my car than looking at it. ;)

(Theres no reason people can't do both!)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japshow certainly won't be helping, but I asked around what events were on before I booked this so it wouldn't clash with anything, and JapShow wasn't mentioned. :(

At the end of the day I'd rather be driving my car than looking at it. ;)

(Theres no reason people can't do both!)

exactly! pedal to the metal!

I will be attending but only as a spectator as i have a evil noise coming from the suspension that i cant find and don't want to risk an accident or mechanical failure as cash is really tight at the moment. Just out of interest after the event would anyone be interested in stopping off for a drink and chat as there is the toby carvery at junction 30 of the m4 that the south wales members use for the meets

hear hear :D Me too, shame if this is the last one though :(

I think it would be a shame too. I will push for another once this is over (maybe next year rather than this) but it has to make sense financially.

Ths year I was much more confident it'd fill: it filled last time, this year we had more notice, history of a great event last year, great photos with everyone in action on the track, loads of support from those who attended/missed it... what happened? :search:

On a slightly different topic, has anyone who attended last year got any clever ideas for how we could arrange the cars on-track, perhaps during (or just before/after) the lunch break, for a group photo?

I'm thinking a photo along the main straight or perhaps around the oh-sh&$! lane, so the photographer can get up in the control tower, but any suggestions greatfully recieved!! :)

On a slightly different topic, has anyone who attended last year got any clever ideas for how we could arrange the cars on-track, perhaps during (or just before/after) the lunch break, for a group photo?

I'm thinking a photo along the main straight or perhaps around the oh-sh&$! lane, so the photographer can get up in the control tower, but any suggestions greatfully recieved!! :)

Are you using the same photographers as last year? I think they will be the best people to ask as they will know which positions and angles will work best etc. It's their job after all!

Panorama shot from the middle of the bus stop all the way around.

Getting goosebumps now, really looking forward to it.

Just out of interest i'm bringing 2 alloys to put on the rear for the track (not a very wealthy person so don't want to destroy my tires and not looking for spectacular lap times so will throw my standard 16's on the rear?

Will there be anywhere I can chuck these on at the track and will there be facilities to do that there or do I have to bring my own jack?

Sorry if this is an extremely noobish question!

Are you using the same photographers as last year? I think they will be the best people to ask as they will know which positions and angles will work best etc. It's their job after all!

I've booked the chap from last year who took the 2 DVDs worth (Andrew Jones). I think overall his photos just had the edge. Terry's were good also but with the numbers as they are I can't justify having both guys there again. :(

Panorama shot from the middle of the bus stop all the way around.

Ooh a very good idea young man. :)

Just out of interest i'm bringing 2 alloys to put on the rear for the track (not a very wealthy person so don't want to destroy my tires and not looking for spectacular lap times so will throw my standard 16's on the rear?

Will there be anywhere I can chuck these on at the track and will there be facilities to do that there or do I have to bring my own jack?

Sorry if this is an extremely noobish question!

To be self-sufficient and guarantee access to the tools you'll need, when you need them, you should bring your own jack, however I'm sure someone (e.g. me) will be more than happy to lend you one when they aren't using theirs. :)

I assume your NA has same width front/rears - if not I wouldn't go swapping them around! :eek: FYI: the front left will get the biggest hammering. If your tyres aren't directional (most sporty tyres are however so check carefully), you could swap left right/front rear/both at lunchtime to even out the wear.

Cheers, mine is nearly ready, ive got a secret mod going on the car Monday that will make all the difference, all will be revealed soon:D

oooo :sly:

Nitrous? Race fuel map??? :D

My plan is to keep away from Bignum, if i dont go on track the same time as him then he cant overtake me.:D

Are all these bumps working to get more people signed up?;)

:D

Note to all: Peter Richards can supply top notch car cleaning products at the track day, save yourself some postage! :)

We can but try can't we ;)

If people want the Vmax event kicking about in the back of my head to happen I need encouragement, don't I... :innocent: