The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

silly question, and i know what the answer will probably be, but can you drift on the track?? or will you get blacked flagged?? i.e. can you yank up the e-brake and slide round carefully! :)

Id not be pulling up the handbrake on a trackday, they wont mind the odd powerslide though im sure.

Tempted. If only i had my track tyres.
I've only used road tyres on all the tracks I've been on to date, inlcuding this event last year. Track tyres are no doubt better, but you don't need them to get on track and have fun.

Anyone know of any track car hire places that would drop something at the track for me?

I've only just read that you were having poly bushes and a re-geo done on the Supe ready for Llandow? :search:

I've only just read that you were having poly bushes and a re-geo done on the Supe ready for Llandow? :search:

Not for me, Stuart is looking at renting something tasty instead of bringing his birds clio 182, ill be in the supra.

erm the single engine to be put in, the suspension changed and new tyres also a geo!

ah

Good luck with that! :D

If it's not ready then jump in some passenger laps! I didn't go out without company even once last year.

We got plenty last year when there were 40, it's a shame it hasn't filled up - doesn't bode well for future events. :(

Even though I'm behind with updating the thread, Pod looks even worse.

Shame about this though, I was hopig to move on to hiring a bigger track somewhere more central, but the figures won't add up. We'll have to only use the enthusiast-run events and commercial events if we can't fill our own.

Even though I'm behind with updating the thread, Pod looks even worse.

Shame about this though, I was hopig to move on to hiring a bigger track somewhere more central, but the figures won't add up. We'll have to only use the enthusiast-run events and commercial events if we can't fill our own.

Yeah I can't understand it, last year was very good and now it's at a time when we have good weather. Maybe JapShow on the Sunday is causing a dip in numbers :(

Did you try any club forums for other types of cars Steve?

I discussed it with Homer as a backup plan, and I considered a few known quantities... but... there isn't much point in me going to the effort or organising a 'faceless' event with invites spread far & wide. :(

I'd rather face running this at a small loss and not both again in the future (let people revert to BookaTrack etc) than lose the club spirit of the event. It's a lot of effort and not worth it -IMHO- if it's not for the club's benefit.

Ideally/hopefully we'll top-up with a few more club members and/or friends of club members, but a this late stage I don't intend to go inviting complete stangers and risk ruining the event for everyone, just to hit the target number.