The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm paid up but can I sign up my 2 friends? (not on the forum) Adam drives a GT-4 and Lee has an FTO...

Yep x 2. :)

We need to get this event filled, or else I can't see a club track day getting approval for next year. Come on one & all, don't miss out! :p

Guest carnewman

can i have one ticket if i can mark newman i will pay when i get back from work

this is for mark newman

Yep x 2. :)

We need to get this event filled, or else I can't see a club track day getting approval for next year. Come on one & all, don't miss out! :p

Maybe a pm to every member to what's happening with the day, as some people may have completely missed it or just joined the forum and not noticed it yet :)

can i have one ticket if i can mark newman i will pay when i get back from work

this is for mark newman

Ah I understand your PM now! lol

Sorry I can't reserve anything; paying is the only way toi secure a place. However it is unlikely to sell out during the course of today so you'll be fine. :)

Maybe a pm to every member to what's happening with the day, as some people may have completely missed it or just joined the forum and not noticed it yet :)

Yeah I suppose you're right, there are a few big events that we run but just a week ago a lot of people I spoke to hadn't yet spotted (this, pod/billing). I'll ask the boss if we can do that. :thumbs:

Yeah I suppose you're right, there are a few big events that we run but just a week ago a lot of people I spoke to hadn't yet spotted (this, pod/billing). I'll ask the boss if we can do that. :thumbs:

I've spotted Supra Pod and will sign up after the Llandow, assuming no break downs :)

:( Would a spare pair of hands any help or is it just not possible mate?

I liked to say "never say never" but still got to:

- Fit cams

- Fit turbo kit

- Fit fuel system

- Reinstall engine

- Fit prop and new center bearing.

- Spray and fit, rear hatch, doors, front wings, spoiler, bonnet, front and rear bumper

- Fit plexi windows

- Fit new front windscreen

- Fit oil cooler system

- Install engine loom and Solaris.

- Make Alu door cards

- Fit WI system

- Fit all track based sensors

- Make and fit custom windscreen wiper system to accomodate spray plug access panel.

- Setup suspension and brake system

- Mot

- Finally Map on Dyno

Load of bits i have missed but you get the idea :D

oh :( lol :D

When are you going to be there this week mate, I will try to nip in and have a chat if diaries align, see what I could do to help out regardless of it being ready for Llandow or later (depends on what work are planning for me - I was being made redundant but with a bit of luck they might be changing their minds!)

I liked to say "never say never" but still got to:

- Fit cams

- Fit turbo kit

- Fit fuel system

- Reinstall engine

- Fit prop and new center bearing.

- Spray and fit, rear hatch, doors, front wings, spoiler, bonnet, front and rear bumper

- Fit plexi windows

- Fit new front windscreen

- Fit oil cooler system

- Install engine loom and Solaris.

- Make Alu door cards

- Fit WI system

- Fit all track based sensors

- Make and fit custom windscreen wiper system to accomodate spray plug access panel.

- Setup suspension and brake system

- Mot

- Finally Map on Dyno

Load of bits i have missed but you get the idea :D

Blimey!! not much then:D, as steve said if you need a hand with anything give us a shout.

oh :( lol :D

When are you going to be there this week mate, I will try to nip in and have a chat if diaries align, see what I could do to help out regardless of it being ready for Llandow or later (depends on what work are planning for me - I was being made redundant but with a bit of luck they might be changing their minds!)

Thats good news dude, fingers crossed for ya:)

Steve

This open to non-members yet? I know some people with a Westfield who may be interested, although not sure if this can run (or if you'd want it to)? It has wheel guards, so I don't think it's classed as open wheel

cheers

Jon

Steve

This open to non-members yet? I know some people with a Westfield who may be interested, although not sure if this can run (or if you'd want it to)? It has wheel guards, so I don't think it's classed as open wheel

cheers

Jon

Yeah it's been open for ages mate. ;)

mudguards count as being closed wheel according to the track's rule, like you say. So long as it's got an accountable driver who can keep (or prefereably pass ;) an NA), he's in as far as i'm concerned. :)

Yeah it's been open for ages mate. ;)

mudguards count as being closed wheel according to the track's rule, like you say. So long as it's got an accountable driver who can keep (or prefereably pass ;) an NA), he's in as far as i'm concerned. :)

Thanks Steve - after spending the day with these guys at Pembrey on Sunday, I think they pass the bar you've set, so to speak ;)

Will phone them tomorrow and see if they're up for it.