The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to see so many singles on track last year (edit - there were 7!), I hadn't realised there were that many in existance! The short tight layout meant the NAs weren't that far behind, too*. I know AlexM in his NA overtook a TT which pleased him greatly.

(* = awaits jip from JamieP :p)

Lol, I'm back with vengeance this time:D

More power

Track inspired coil over kit instead of the boat like teins

Smaller lighter wheels

Titan Anti roll bars

And maybe a stig bash hat:D

Yeah I noticed a few of the tein setups with excessive roll. Cant say I noticed it on mine but that was more down to the fact I managed to turn 6 laps before the brakes let go :D

More power

Smaller lighter wheels

Titan Anti roll bars

:respekt: We have similar tastes, just sized budgets :D

Dont want to miss this, will check the calender.

Be good to see you there Jon, sort it out. :thumbs:

I'm hoping to be around for this, my son started kart racing this year and is doing quite well so far,so will have to prioritize nearer the time (if there are spaces left)

Have to say, after doing Marham/Brands/SilverstoneGP/castlecombe last year, enjoyed Llandow the most.Great track, great atmosphere and superbly organised. Will be gutted if I can't make it.

Have to say' date=' after doing Marham/Brands/SilverstoneGP/castlecombe last year, enjoyed Llandow the most.Great track, great atmosphere and superbly organised. Will be gutted if I can't make it.[/quote']

Thanks for posting that up, it means a lot that people enjoyed the day so much. :)

I know what you mean too, I kept going out with various different passengers and coming back in after 10~15 laps thinking I'd give the car a while to cool down, but firing it back up again 5 mins later and doing it all over again... and again. It was really addictive and i loved trying different lines through the main complex bits through/after the bus stop. Quite a technical little track, but accessible to all levels/experience. :)

And there was me just giving it wellie... didn't realise there was a method behind all that madness :innocent:

This had to be the best supra day I've experienced so far and I can't wait for this one to come along. Anyone who hasn't done this before I strongly advise you to try it. If nothing else it gives you a chance to test out the limits of the car and prepares you better for those 'nearly' times on the road. I personally was a better driver after the experience thought the police probably wouldn't think so :eyebrows:

More power

Smaller lighter wheels

Titan Anti roll bars

Me too Jamie, me too.

New rad cap, new water pump.. I shall be untouchable!

Totally gutted I couldnt make it last year, but waiting until 1st March to sign up as I'll be bringing the R32.....probably :)

Good lad. :thumbs: Make sure you can make it this time, too! :p

I want to see this Skyline beast of yours!

This had to be the best supra day I've experienced so far...

Yey! :clap:

..and I can't wait for this one to come along. Anyone who hasn't done this before I strongly advise you to try it. If nothing else it gives you a chance to test out the limits of the car and prepares you better for those 'nearly' times on the road. I personally was a better driver after the experience thought the police probably wouldn't think so :eyebrows:

I was much more confident/had more ability after the day than I was/had before. Certainly people should start slow and gradually build their speed, there isn't much run-off round the back of the track but the "oh-shi! lane" was great backup when testing late braking and what happens if I turn-in still under brakes? :D

Me too Jamie, me too.

New rad cap, new water pump.. I shall be untouchable!

psml :rlol: best post evar!

Paypal sent

Even though I tore off half the front bumper I had a great time last year, so I have brought a nice tidy manual N/A just for track days. Seems a bit tame after my single but will be good to get a bit more track experience this year.

I'm still not sure how you came off mid-straight? :search:

My mate in Swansea who put me up last year is away this year so looks like it'll be the Travelodge. I see the rate has gone up to 39 quid! Is there a pub nearby? If so then there's a good excuse to do it :)

The Travelodge and Harvester food/pub back on to each other. :thumbs:

OK sorted. Please don't let me drink too much beer the night before. I was bad enough driving on the Saturday last year as it is

We were kicked out of the bar at about 11:30pm last year, which I gathered was much later than the staff usually liked to go home. :taped:

I'm still not sure how you came off mid-straight? :search:

It wasn't mid straight, I just gave it a bit too much throttle coming out of the last corner before the straight, started to go sideways and by the time I corrected it I was on the grass verge.

I drove along the verge most of the way back because I didn't want to drop debris on the track.