The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

winner! I'l update the info pack ASAP for those that haven't downloaded it yet. :thumbs:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just planning ahead here - is it OK if I have to use my Audi on the day instead of the Supra? Fingers crossed the Supra will be OK but had to take it back to the garage lsat night as it's missfiring on boost :(

My Audi is a 220bhp A6 so not exactly supra fast but might be able to keep up with an NA :)

Sounds ok to me. If i turns out you're clearly a rolling roadblock we may hvae to reconsider. ;)

Yes and no...if you've got a crappy fuel cap that doesn't seal properly, you'll end up with petrol sloshing out of the cap which will stain your paint.

Yeah I found out I had the former. Wondered how I was getting through so much fuel last year and at Rockingham earlier this year. That's my excuse anyway. ;)

Dave - Last year those that were there all day got though a full tank, give or take. It would be sensible to at least have enough fuel for a half day of track action so you can get through the familiarisation sessins wihout lookig at the fuel gauge too often. ;)

Sounds ok to me. If i turns out you're clearly a rolling roadblock we may hvae to reconsider. ;)

Yeah I found out I had the former. Wondered how I was getting through so much fuel last year and at Rockingham earlier this year. That's my excuse anyway. ;)

Dave - Last year those that were there all day got though a full tank, give or take. It would be sensible to at least have enough fuel for a half day of track action so you can get through the familiarisation sessins wihout lookig at the fuel gauge too often. ;)

Nice one guys, thanks for the info.

Will probably put £30 in at the start of the day and refuel half way through if needs be or something.

Big thank you to everyone who has helped me out with my queries, thought I was gonna get a lot of stick for being a newbie at all this but everyone's really helped out alot.

Cheers guys!:D

Big thank you to everyone who has helped me out with my queries, thought I was gonna get a lot of stick for being a newbie at all this but everyone's really helped out alot.

Told you it's not scary. I want to see as any club members as possible using what I organise, not just those who have done it before. :)

winner! I'l update the info pack ASAP for those that haven't downloaded it yet. :thumbs:

Info pack updated to include a link to the Tesco fuel. Thanks again Downimpact! :)

Ledgend!! :ecstatic:

steve the car is done but is having some ECU related issues, hopefully ill get it sorted today and ryan will map it tomorrow. if all goes through then ill send you forward the moneys for the track but make sure you hold a place for me, i didnt go through all this effort to not be on the track this weekend. :(

Last years Llandow track day was my first, nobody will give you any stick. You'll have a great time. :)

steve the car is done but is having some ECU related issues, hopefully ill get it sorted today and ryan will map it tomorrow. if all goes through then ill send you forward the moneys for the track but make sure you hold a place for me, i didnt go through all this effort to not be on the track this weekend. :(

Don't worry cheif we won't fill it in the next 24h. I'll make sure you get a space. :)

Actually looking at the known drop-outs already (and still a few days to go for more to say "oops I've left the iron on" or whatever ;)), there might only be ~30 of us heading for the track. They lose their money in that case and it's more track time each so no worries as far as I'm concerened!

Nice one guys, thanks for the info.

Will probably put £30 in at the start of the day and refuel half way through if needs be or something.

Bearing in mind Ark's good advice :thumbs: Last time I foolishly didn't fill up to the brim at lunch time, unfortunately by the end of the day I was getting low in the tank and didn't want to risk fuel starvation, so had to stop early :(

Edited by downimpact
cna't sepll (see edit history)

How's that going btw?

First event: 3rd in class

Second event: Engine problems the day before, had to take the Aero - last in class (but did better than expected)

Third event: Can't attend as I can't find a dog sitter. :(

So, could be better - would have done a lot better in the second event with a manual, impossible to keep the car in the power with the Auto. On the up side, learning, good fun, and know a fair amount more about the characteristics of the autobox. :)

I had a small incident, while trying to be careful and not damage the car :taped:

http://www.vibrance-net.co.uk/barkston_heath_2009/content/bin/images/large/DSC09259.jpg

Hopefully next year some more members will take an interest, currently I'm the only Supra owner taking part!

Don't worry cheif we won't fill it in the next 24h. I'll make sure you get a space. :)

Actually looking at the known drop-outs already (and still a few days to go for more to say "oops I've left the iron on" or whatever ;)), there might only be ~30 of us heading for the track. They lose their money in that case and it's more track time each so no worries as far as I'm concerened!

thanks! :D ;)

I just had a call from JamieP asking about mobile tyre fitters as he know he'll finish off some tyres that are on his car at present. Mr downimpact are you able to offer any suggestions? :innocent:

If anyone else WILL want to use this service, assuming we can find one, speak now or forever hold your peace! :)

Hopefully next year some more members will take an interest, currently I'm the only Supra owner taking part!

Nice result on that first event! Interesting to learn your findings after putting the Auto through the same ordeal.

You're in the manual (white) one again this weekend aren't you?

I would like to take part but I was 50/50 regarding being able to commit, plus I found the organisational/event/entry info almost impossible to absorb (sorry Baz!!)

You're in the manual (white) one again this weekend aren't you?

With a replacement engine, yeah.

I would like to take part but I was 50/50 regarding being able to commit, plus I found the organisational/event/entry info almost impossible to absorb (sorry Baz!!)

It's not the best, but Bazza is very easy to approch (when you can get hold of him). He has mentioned it's being worked on..

I just had a call from JamieP asking about mobile tyre fitters as he know he'll finish off some tyres that are on his car at present. Mr downimpact are you able to offer any suggestions? :innocent:

If anyone else WILL want to use this service, assuming we can find one, speak now or forever hold your peace! :)

I'm afraid I've never used one, Clueless on here owns a tyre fitters not sure if he's mobile, but he's in South Wales I will direct a pm his way :)

Toyota sprint series interests me as well, need to get more track time under my belt but 2010 is a possibility if i've gone BPU by then :D

I'm afraid I've never used one, Clueless on here owns a tyre fitters not sure if he's mobile, but he's in South Wales I will direct a pm his way :)

Toyota sprint series interests me as well, need to get more track time under my belt but 2010 is a possibility if i've gone BPU by then :D

Or if you know of anywhere local i could get some tyres fitted after lunch would be cool, im bringing a new pair of rears with me.

I've just ordered 4 falcons from Camskill (£406) and there is a man coming to my workplace on Monday to fit them so lets hope I can get home without bumping into mr plod!

I did have a word with this guy (JBMobiletryes, based close to Newport) about coming to the track at the end of the day to fit a load of tyres but he is busy this weekend (or maybe nbot so ring him). Will definitely sort it for the next one though at a cost of £12 per tyre. and he'll come to the track at the end of the day and change them all.

I'll go onto mytyres and see if we can find a fitter close by for you :eyebrows:

Vale Business Park

Cowbridge

Opening hours:

From Monday to Friday 08.30 - 17.15 hours

Saturday 09.00 - 11.45 hours

The price per tyre (which includes removing the old tyre,

mounting the new one, putting a new valve in, balancing and VAT) is

only £ 12.65

Plus disposal of the old tyre(s) if required. £ 1.18

Maximal rim diameter that can be fitted: 22 "

Edited by vvteye (see edit history)

I've just ordered 4 falcons from Camskill (£406) and there is a man coming to my workplace on Monday to fit them so lets hope I can get home without bumping into mr plod!

I did have a word with this guy (JBMobiletryes, based close to Newport) about coming to the track at the end of the day to fit a load of tyres but he is busy this weekend. Will definitely sort it for the next one though at a cost of £12 per tyre.

I'll go onto mytyres and see if we can find a fitter close by for you :eyebrows:

well done John, can think of a few in bridgend but not exactly local + not sure they are open in the afternoon on a Sat