The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a lot of 19year olds got Supras for christmas?

Blackie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N/A=poor mans supra:)

yeah yeah, mr. i've got enough money for a twin turbo so i'm gonna act better than everyone else:gayfight:

No but seriously you can't judge someone buy there age. I'm 22 and bought the Supra when I was 21. I don't have as much money as the people on here, but i'm looking after the car the best I can and taking on a second job just to pay for the things I want to do to it.

Just because I don't have as much money as everyone else on here, or because I am younger, does not mean I have less right to have a Supra.

Although I will say, there are some extremely dodgy Supra's out there!

I could of got a TT but i had to think that i would be using my Supra everyday and it wouldent of been fair on a TT with short runs and so on. As said before i can still leave TT's standing on the twisty devon roads (And i have done, You know who you are)

I could of got a TT but i had to think that i would be using my Supra everyday and it wouldent of been fair on a TT with short runs and so on. As said before i can still leave TT's standing on the twisty devon roads (And i have done, You know who you are)

Break-downs don't count!

was it the stig wearing a blind fold?:p

Not running it as a Virtual machine are you?

I'm testing Kubuntu 8.10 on a virtual machine and that does what I believe you are on about too.

A colleague is running 8.10 (not as a virtual machine) on an identical machine to mine though and no such issues.

No, just running as normal.

yeah yeah, mr. i've got enough money for a twin turbo so i'm gonna act better than everyone else:gayfight:

No but seriously you can't judge someone buy there age. I'm 22 and bought the Supra when I was 21. I don't have as much money as the people on here, but i'm looking after the car the best I can and taking on a second job just to pay for the things I want to do to it.

Just because I don't have as much money as everyone else on here, or because I am younger, does not mean I have less right to have a Supra.

Although I will say, there are some extremely dodgy Supra's out there!

Shut up kid the grown ups are talking:p

Come on guys, are we not all Supra owners? Do we not share a common interest, appreciation and love for the Supra?

I openly admit I have an auto non-turbo aerotop Supra, but it's my first Supra and it's the first car I've had which is more than 2 litres.

Previously I had a BMW 320 and you know what? My indicators worked. Funny that...

Anyway, I actually intentionally went for an automatic, non turbo. Why??? On purpose???

Two reasons. Firstly, the insurance would spank me if I went for anything more swifty and secondly, I would rather have something at the bottom of the scale than jump straight at the deepend only to find I'd spent 'x amount' to find out I couldn't handle it only to have to sell it 6 months later, or worse, take food through a straw and soiling myself without knowing it.

Anyway, you old fuddy duddies - me and the younguns have got something money can't buy - Youth!

Wait...at 26, I still count as young, right????

Im 21 and ive had my Supra for 9 months. I understand where a lot of the "chav" comments come from, but it is ultimately a free country and people can buy whichever car they want. I bought a Supra because i like them, not because it makes me feel better than other people or anything like that.

I had the obligatory slow car 1.3 (fiesta) as my first car and then another 1.3 as my second car, all be it a Starlet GT lol. The fiesta got written off in a matter of weeks because i was driving like a tit, but since that day i have been much more sensible and have not had any bumps or scrapes.

I think it's unfair to tar all youngsters with the same brush, i mean there are plenty of older people who drive like w*nkers and dont maintain their cars aren't there?

I for one spent quite a lot on my Starlet maintaining it and getting it just how i wanted and i intend to do the same with my Supra.

The main thing about the Supra, especially the TT, is that they demand a great deal of respect and maybe some youngsters miss out on this point, as they still think theyre invincible